Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Thank you. Any good kid's clothes websites?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:33 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/

http://www.eternadirect.co.uk/

Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
It does vary - last week we had a book from them which took 12 days, but often it's only three or four.
I have the occasional one which takes longer, but pretty rare. Both them and Amazon are about 4 days usually. My sister in law is amazed that I buy all the stuff for her kids (here in Brisbane) over the internet from the UK, and that its so much quicker and cheaper!!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

The wife ordered a pram from Harrods (yes Harrods!!!!) in London last week, I told her she was mad and that there would be duty and stuff to pay on it and it couldn't work out cheaper what with the delivery charge and that, and that it would take ages to arrive.
It arrived today and we made a massive saving, it cost £270 inc delivery and the same one here cost $599, with the current exchange rate that works out at $430 and we didn't even have to venture out to the shops. The nice man from DHL carried the large box in for me and was very helpful thank you
Downside is she will want to order more stuff now and has a good argument to back her up!!

I also use book depository, they are really fantastic!!!!

Just a note about DELL australia, we ordered a few things from them a while back and even though it was all on the same order because they were different items they were shipped out separately so we had to be home on 4 different occasions which was ridiculous!!!! When I complained about it, the nice chap from Calcutta said he would look into it............ Be warned!!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 7:55 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Some excellent tips here, thanks
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:09 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Revlon Beyond Natural Skin Matching Makeup, Medium 230, 1 Ounce by Revlon
Buy new: $12.99 $1.77 ($0.50/oz)

9 new from $1.77

Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
(1)Beauty: See all 365 items

(with 5 bucks delivery)

I was amazed when i looked on amazon for this make-up, i usually pay $27.99 in Target
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Im looking for some new trainers for eldest son. Shopping locally, the only ones he liked were > $150. To his credit he said "There's no ways you're forking out that sort of money for those, Dad". So now I'm looking for non-rip-off alternatives. This thread has yielded several possibles. Thinking of doing a big shop at Sports Direct to justify the 55 squid delivery charge
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Im looking for some new trainers for eldest son. Shopping locally, the only ones he liked were > $150. To his credit he said "There's no ways you're forking out that sort of money for those, Dad". So now I'm looking for non-rip-off alternatives. This thread has yielded several possibles. Thinking of doing a big shop at Sports Direct to justify the 55 squid delivery charge
Catchoftheday had (finished now) a range of Reebok trainers for $39.95 this weekend. I think JDSports delivers for 14 quid...in theory they do anyway but I've had big problems with them just cancelling international orders they don't like the look of.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I use http://www.uktoyou.webs.com/

Love

Rudi
x
Old Feb 27th 2011, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the Book depository and Amazon.Com... go to this Australian site first for direction to the cheapest books and DVD's on the net. Searches all the related sites for you.

http://booko.com.au/
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Trixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to all

www.boden.co.uk - about £10ish delivery. House of Fraser.

Also came across this site that tells you all the online retailers that ship to your county.

http://australia.shopandshipworldwide.com/
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:34 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Forget the Book depository and Amazon.Com... go to this Australian site first for direction to the cheapest books and DVD's on the net. Searches all the related sites for you.

http://booko.com.au/
Hadn't heard of that one - many thanks. I've just used it to order a "Four Lions" DVD, saving $$$$. (Not that it is available in most Oz sites at *any* price.)
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wol
Hadn't heard of that one - many thanks. I've just used it to order a "Four Lions" DVD, saving $$$$. (Not that it is available in most Oz sites at *any* price.)
It's indeed good. I've used it to get the best prices for three books and all three searches yielded reductions of around 60% off the prices asked at our local main bookshop. Including postage
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
Catchoftheday had (finished now) a range of Reebok trainers for $39.95 this weekend. I think JDSports delivers for 14 quid...in theory they do anyway but I've had big problems with them just cancelling international orders they don't like the look of.
Thanks

That's a shame about being too late for the Reeboks. I'll keep a closer eye on Catchoftheday in future.

Turning to JDSports: Have you ever received international deliveries from them?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Turning to JDSports: Have you ever received international deliveries from them?
No. I have ordered twice, and each time I get this:

Dear bcworld

Unfortunately, your order (JDXXXXXXXX) has been cancelled.

Please check the details and resubmit.

I'm ordering stuff to be delivered to my address here, which is the same as for the credit card I am using.

I got riled up the last time and wrote them a sarky email asking what more they would like me to do to make an international order...never heard nuffink back so I don't even try now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.