Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family BBQ/Picnic Brisbane Sat 21st March New Farm Park

Family BBQ/Picnic Brisbane Sat 21st March New Farm Park

Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice
Default Re: Family BBQ/Picnic Brisbane Sat 21st March New Farm Park

the other families were probably like us doing their best to find you!! like i a needle in the haystack perhaps it was only really meant for the people who had been before.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:16 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by simsy
the other families were probably like us doing their best to find you!! like i a needle in the haystack perhaps it was only really meant for the people who had been before.

Well we all found each other the first time we met as strangers didnt think it would be so hard. There were not many big groups in the grassed area in the middle on Saturday. Sorry if the directions were not so good. We have only had one family BBQ meet before however some of us do meet fortnightly.

I did offer my mobile number to anyone needing it but no one asked for it.

Again sorry we missed you but it certainly wasnt intended.

Jo
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simsy
That seems a little unfair on Jo who I see posted she was happy to swop mobiles with anyone planning to come along so you could find the group. This isn't an organised group after all

Jo - I'm sorry I didnt make it on Saturday - with no car I must have been off my head thinking I could do it but took a look at the buse timetable on Sat am and realised it would have taken me 2 to get there. Should have posted my non attendance beforehand. Apols for that and thanks for kicking the idea off - glad you all had a nice time.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:40 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kissfritz
That seems a little unfair on Jo who I see posted she was happy to swop mobiles with anyone planning to come along so you could find the group. This isn't an organised group after all

Jo - I'm sorry I didnt make it on Saturday - with no car I must have been off my head thinking I could do it but took a look at the buse timetable on Sat am and realised it would have taken me 2 to get there. Should have posted my non attendance beforehand. Apols for that and thanks for kicking the idea off - glad you all had a nice time.
Thanks Chrissie for sticking up for me. I thought it was a bit of a personal dig aswell. Like I would arrange a meet to then let people walk around the park looking for us on purpose. I wont be organising anymore let someone else do it. Cant be doing with the fall out. I went even though I was coming down with this cold I cant seem to get on top of. If I hadnt organised it I would have stayed home as felt crap.

No worries about you not making it. You werent the only one. Quite a few regulars didnt come either. Lianne told me about the car sounds a nightmare hun. Hope to see you tomorrow if I feel up to it.