families

Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:27 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: families

Originally Posted by tracey.d

Does anybody else have siblings like this?

Tracey

Yes! My sister in law, Claire, is an evil troll b*tch from hell, and makes Bin Laden look like Andy Pandy. I loathe her and the very thought of her makes my flesh crawl. And then there's her husband, my husband's brother...... So far Ive managed to avoid any family situations for 2 and half years, which I think is an excellent effort. My husband's brother has made NO effort to see our new son, who now is 15 months old, yet when she had another baby recently, my hubby made the effort, just to prove a point, to go and see it in hospital. To top it all off both her kids look like her and it is :scared:

We're not emigrating to run away, we have wanted to do this for 10 years...but the thought of never having to see them again, well that's

Happy Days, eh? Families....dontcha just love 'em?

just re-read my post.....sorry to rant....feel better now I got that off my chest!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:03 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The A Team
Are our mothers related?!!!! You've just exactly described how my mother treats me. She constantly looks at me as if I'm a huge disappointment to her. Plays me off against my brother (who she adores) plays my children off against each other and against their cousins. She makes me feel like I'm 4 years old.

The thing is I'm really happy with my life and have a wonderful marriage and I think she's just really jealous. Her problem not mine.
I've always felt that my mum is jealous of me and my sister. She never got on with my dad who is nearly 19 years older than her. He was an officer in the Merchant Navy and consequently we saw very little of him while we were growing up. She used to complain to us about him all the time and terrify us about what he would do when he came home if we were naughty and what a bad mood he would be in, so we had to wait on tenterhooks for about 3 months at a time :scared: Because of this we all grew up without a relationship with him and just assumed he was not very nice. It was only as we became a lot older (say last 10 years or so) that we realised this poor guy wasn't so bad after all and had had a really bad press. Trouble is it's a bit late now and the damage has been done, besides he is nearly 93 now and won't be around for much longer but we all speak to him ok. I think she used to worry that we would like him more than her and so that's why she made him out to be awful. Sad for him because it meant he was unable to be a normal dad to us when he was home on leave. It was all about her having control of us and making sure we liked her best.

Anyway they never got on and you should have heard the arguments once he had retired from the sea and was home all the time My brother moved out of home at 16 as did I and my sister was 17 so that tells you a lot. She would moan about him all the time to us how he never did this and never did that and how difficult he was to live with. Should've tried looking in the mirror silly old bag. Eventually I told her that if he was that bad then they should get divorced. Nothing happened there so after she had moaned for another 10 years a told her that she had had the chance to do something about it and she obviously chose to stay with him so she should shut up about him. Exceptionally brave of me :scared:

Now another 15 years later she carries on like they are Derby and Joan and she doesn't know what on earth she will do when he goes. In reality she is just bigging up their relationship so that all her cronies think of her as a poor widowed soul when he is gone and don't think that she will be relieved. She is just paving the way for huge amounts of sympathy to come in her direction and wasn't she so good in looking after him all these years. She moans to me know about how he is getting forgetful and how wearing it is caring for someone so elderly but he is not exactly a senile dementia, sit in the chair do nothing case. He goes bowling every week (nearly 93 don't forget), he cuts the garden hedge, he still does The Telegraph crossword every day, and he goes off to stamp fayres on a regular basis.

And do you know what else the old cow did....... oooh I've really got going now!!!!!!! It was his dearest wish to go to Prague, Vienna and Budapest as he had been all over the world but not to central Europe, mainly to port cities obviously. He had booked for them to go on the Orient Express to Europe (this was 7 years ago) and because she said he was old and she didn't want to have to cope if he became ill while they were away, she cancelled the trip then hid his passport until it ran out Honest to God, if I could've afforded it I would've taken him.

Anyway, I agree with you and think she is jealous. I have a husband who adores me and I adore him. She measures how much my dad thinks of her by how much he spends on her birthday present (so she can show it off to her cronies) whereas I know that my husband loves me. I don't NEED gifts to prove that to me. We are not well off financially but we are millionaires in our love for each other and our kids. Plus I get on well with all my kids and they all get on with me

Gggggrrrrrrrrrrr. Try and calm down Anne, try and calm down. Big breath and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:40 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I've always felt that my mum is jealous of me and my sister. She never got on with my dad who is nearly 19 years older than her. He was an officer in the Merchant Navy and consequently we saw very little of him while we were growing up. She used to complain to us about him all the time and terrify us about what he would do when he came home if we were naughty and what a bad mood he would be in, so we had to wait on tenterhooks for about 3 months at a time :scared: Because of this we all grew up without a relationship with him and just assumed he was not very nice. It was only as we became a lot older (say last 10 years or so) that we realised this poor guy wasn't so bad after all and had had a really bad press. Trouble is it's a bit late now and the damage has been done, besides he is nearly 93 now and won't be around for much longer but we all speak to him ok. I think she used to worry that we would like him more than her and so that's why she made him out to be awful. Sad for him because it meant he was unable to be a normal dad to us when he was home on leave. It was all about her having control of us and making sure we liked her best.

Anyway they never got on and you should have heard the arguments once he had retired from the sea and was home all the time My brother moved out of home at 16 as did I and my sister was 17 so that tells you a lot. She would moan about him all the time to us how he never did this and never did that and how difficult he was to live with. Should've tried looking in the mirror silly old bag. Eventually I told her that if he was that bad then they should get divorced. Nothing happened there so after she had moaned for another 10 years a told her that she had had the chance to do something about it and she obviously chose to stay with him so she should shut up about him. Exceptionally brave of me :scared:

Now another 15 years later she carries on like they are Derby and Joan and she doesn't know what on earth she will do when he goes. In reality she is just bigging up their relationship so that all her cronies think of her as a poor widowed soul when he is gone and don't think that she will be relieved. She is just paving the way for huge amounts of sympathy to come in her direction and wasn't she so good in looking after him all these years. She moans to me know about how he is getting forgetful and how wearing it is caring for someone so elderly but he is not exactly a senile dementia, sit in the chair do nothing case. He goes bowling every week (nearly 93 don't forget), he cuts the garden hedge, he still does The Telegraph crossword every day, and he goes off to stamp fayres on a regular basis.

And do you know what else the old cow did....... oooh I've really got going now!!!!!!! It was his dearest wish to go to Prague, Vienna and Budapest as he had been all over the world but not to central Europe, mainly to port cities obviously. He had booked for them to go on the Orient Express to Europe (this was 7 years ago) and because she said he was old and she didn't want to have to cope if he became ill while they were away, she cancelled the trip then hid his passport until it ran out Honest to God, if I could've afforded it I would've taken him.

Anyway, I agree with you and think she is jealous. I have a husband who adores me and I adore him. She measures how much my dad thinks of her by how much he spends on her birthday present (so she can show it off to her cronies) whereas I know that my husband loves me. I don't NEED gifts to prove that to me. We are not well off financially but we are millionaires in our love for each other and our kids. Plus I get on well with all my kids and they all get on with me

Gggggrrrrrrrrrrr. Try and calm down Anne, try and calm down. Big breath and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Yep...they are definitely related lol! I left home at 17 due to parental problems which was the main reason why I married my first husband. Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire but I was desperate to get away from home, young and foolish. He made my mum look like a pussycat. Luckily I got it right second time round!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:27 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The A Team
Yep...they are definitely related lol! I left home at 17 due to parental problems which was the main reason why I married my first husband. Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire but I was desperate to get away from home, young and foolish. He made my mum look like a pussycat. Luckily I got it right second time round!!!
Oooo, I think you and I grew up in parallel universes!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:37 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Oooo, I think you and I grew up in parallel universes!!!

Yes I think so too!! Will PM you tomorrow. Got to go and give my son a cuddle before he goes to bed. Spent much of the day cleaning for viewings today and the second lot of people cancelled 2 minutes before their appointment aaarrgggghh!!! Need to give him a bit more attention tomorrow he's looking a bit sad and