Everyones leaving the UK ...

Wikiposts

Everyones leaving the UK ...

Old May 13th 2003, 4:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
Hey lets give bryank a break! Of course returners would want to know a few things like:

1) Is it still to the left of France?
2) Do they still have universal access to free healthcare?
3) Is there a shop called Marks & Spencer?
4) Is Wales still there?

etc.
Hmm, I think the UK has changed quite dramatcally not just in course of my sad old fart lifetime but especially in the last 10 years. And that idiot Blair's poorly thought out immigration policy is making the social change speed up ever more. I reckon most of the recent changes were negative ones.

So someone who has been away 5 years might notice quite a few changes.

But France is still over yonder a bit to the right.

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bryank
disagree. skiing is incredibly cheap in nz (been there twice) sounds like you need to get away from your computer!

I didn't say skiiing was expensive, I said it was a luxury (as opposed to a necessity). Only James Bond would say it was a necessity - have a look at the label in your jacket collar written with felt tip - does it say 007? If so, you are James Bond and you are right, skiing is essential to everyday life. If not, you are bryank.

I have no idea how much skiing costs, I have enough problems paying bills and keeping head above water in NZ to worry about that. I am not on a holiday, I was supposed to be emigrating here.

As for needing to get away from my computer, I do when you are posting. When are you on next?

Slippers
Old May 13th 2003, 4:27 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Hmm, I think the UK has changed quite dramatcally not just in course of my sad old fart lifetime but especially in the last 10 years. And that idiot Blair's poorly thought out immigration policy is making the social change speed up ever more. I reckon most of the recent changes were negative ones.

So someone who has been away 5 years might notice quite a few changes.

But France is still over yonder a bit to the right.

Cheers - Don
You are leaving to a country that has the same immigration problems , our Medical Scientist friend in Perth is jumping up and down because an Iranian has been given a better position than her with more money , the blow -in has been here 3 months and speaks little English has less paper work ,but it was a PC appointment.

Old May 13th 2003, 4:35 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You are leaving to a country that has the same immigration problems , our Medical Scientist friend in Perth is jumping up and down because an Iranian has been given a better position than her with more money , the blow -in has been here 3 months and speaks little English has less paper work ,but it was a PC appointment.

At least the skilled migrants to Aus are, well, skilled. UK has just opened its doors to Albanian and Ukrainian mafiosi, street beggars, DSS rip-off merchants etc who did not exactly go through a DIMIA migration process.

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slippers

I have no idea how much skiing costs
Slippers
so you are in the habit of saying things when you don't know the facts.......
Old May 13th 2003, 4:42 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

At least the skilled migrants to Aus are, well, skilled. UK has just opened its doors to Albanian and Ukrainian mafiosi, street beggars, DSS rip-off merchants etc who did not exactly go through a DIMIA migration process.

Cheers - Don
Dream on her ( Iranian ) husband cannot work he has no skills or English and the kids need English lessons on top of state help.
The same refugees come here too you said you were going NZ , Australia is dumping the Arab boat people there .
Australia has excepted 600,000 refugees and still does let in a large numbers per year , open your eyes these countries are refugee centres and always wil be.
Perth has big problems with Asian drug gangs and the eastern europeans run protection rackets , the Brothels import whores its the same all over

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 13th 2003 at 4:47 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

very amusing to see how few people are on the returning to uk forum and how this one is packed with people. sad souls indeed!

Why sad? Im returning to the UK but don't feel the need to post there everyday. Alot of the postings on the Oz/Nz forum are dominated by the same dozen people (and that isn't a criticism for posting alot). I don't feel the need to do that.
Old May 13th 2003, 5:00 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Dream on her ( Iranian ) husband cannot work he has no skills or English and the kids need English lessons on top of state help.
But the family has a skilled breadwinner and the rest of the family can learn English in Aus. Maybe the husband just wants to be a stay-at-home dad?

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 5:09 pm
Banned

But the family has a skilled breadwinner and the rest of the family can learn English in Aus. Maybe the husband just wants to be a stay-at-home dad?

Cheers - Don
You have lost it the skilled bread winner is next to useless cannot do her job because of low english skills and her husband will end up driving a Taxi if hes lucky as do most arabs do here.
The kids will drain the system , the one and only reason the woman got the job was she was goverment backed .
Having heard our friend go off the scale I think she would love your posts, she has been told to carry the new blow -in her reply was not for family viewing.
PS you need to get real the countries you want to live in are built on immigrants no use crying that it does suit you.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 13th 2003 at 5:14 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 5:17 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers - Don

In what way has the UK opened its doors? Clearly illegal immigration is just that, illegal, and the UK govt like most has some very strict rules about just who it lets in to the country legally, indeed a much higher standard than has Oz.

All countries have illegal immigrants entering as well as refugees. I think it is a mark of a civilised society to give refuge to those fleeing persecution and inevitably some will enter attempting to falsely claim this status. The government's job is then to attempt to establish who is rightly a refugee and who is simply an illegal immigrant. This process is inevitably lengthy and expensive but can hardly be compared to 'opening the doors' to mafiosi and street beggars. The UK has its own home grown talent in these areas, why do you single out immigrants?
Old May 13th 2003, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

it's not to get information. to discuss. returning home after being an expat is surely a big decision...selling house, farewelling friends, and so on....

I'm currently out here in Oz (Brissie), and like quite a few people here have quite mixed opinions about my living here. Every once in a while I'll have a look into the 'moving back to the UK' part of the forum, but never feel the need to post there. Why should I? I keep in touch with family and friends in Blighty, and they can keep me in touch with life there.
Old May 13th 2003, 5:27 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by jayr
In what way has the UK opened its doors? Clearly illegal immigration is just that, illegal, and the UK govt like most has some very strict rules about just who it lets in to the country legally, indeed a much higher standard than has Oz.

All countries have illegal immigrants entering as well as refugees. I think it is a mark of a civilised society to give refuge to those fleeing persecution and inevitably some will enter attempting to falsely claim this status. The government's job is then to attempt to establish who is rightly a refugee and who is simply an illegal immigrant. This process is inevitably lengthy and expensive but can hardly be compared to 'opening the doors' to mafiosi and street beggars. The UK has its own home grown talent in these areas, why do you single out immigrants?
You're right the law is there but it's not being enforced. No enforcement means the same as opening the doors. Processing times for refugee claims are hopelessly long and inefficient. There's no holding of refugees so they can melt away and if the claim is not upheld are not generally deported. I've nothing at all against genuine refugees but they are a tiny % of the total.

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 5:32 pm
Banned

You're right the law is there but it's not being enforced. No enforcement means the same as opening the doors. Processing times for refugee claims are hopelessly long and inefficient. There's no holding of refugees so they can melt away and if the claim is not upheld are not generally deported. I've nothing at all against genuine refugees but they are a tiny % of the total.

Cheers - Don
In the last few weeks I questioned my family about the refugees in first England the reply was Yes we have far too many Scots , Irish and Welsh here over runing us.
Then the Scottish outlaws same question and the reply was Yes the bloody English are moving too far north .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 13th 2003 at 5:38 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 5:33 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

very amusing to see how few people are on the returning to uk forum and how this one is packed with people. sad souls indeed!

Sad? What a condescending person you are. I emigrated from the UK to continue a relationship....we've since married We're moving back to the UK because we prefer our lives there...
Old May 14th 2003, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nearly there!!!!

Hi Peeps

After sealing up the envelope with our spouse visa application I felt so good.
Looking over at hubby I said " Ive waited a long,long time to do this" (14 years)
So peeps , it is on it,s way and house is on the market.
The real waiting begins... front end loaded so it shouldnt take long at all. House market slow.
But I will return to Australia. I can,t believe this is finally happening.

booBoo (the over excited )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.