Reload this Page >

Everyones leaving the UK ...

Wikiposts

Everyones leaving the UK ...

Old May 13th 2003, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bilbo
No, they slide off silently back to the gloom with their pointy tails tucked down their trowsers.
nice one bilbo!
Old May 13th 2003, 3:13 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

No, they slide off silently back to the gloom with their pointy tails tucked down their trowsers.
Not on the same plane out carrying out the better educated Aussies to London? some in , some out a country with a revolving door?

Old May 13th 2003, 3:14 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by penzer
whats better is how many users are in the "moving back to uk" forum......paints a picture.

An immigration thread is going to be more popular than a moving back thread for obvious reasons. Why an earth do people need to ask lots of questions about a country that they were born in and have lived in. They don't need to ask half the questions that the people who are moving to a "new" country do.

I thought that was pretty obvious myself - I don't need to know about visa's, health, what area to live, etc, etc in the UK - like I would need to know/ask about a new country which I was going to live in for the first time.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; May 13th 2003 at 3:18 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bryank
people who emigrate to solve problems in their lives are naive. you emigrate for a change in lifestyle. what have you done to enjoy the outdoors?

Aus has no monopoly on "outdoors". There is a lot of it about. I have enjoyed it all my life.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ceri
An immigration thread is going to be more popular than a moving back thread for obvious reasons. Why an earth do people need to ask lots of questions about a country that they were born in and have lived in. They don't need to ask half the questions that the people who are moving to a "new" country do.

I thought that was obvious myself - I don't need to know about visa's, health, what area to live, etc, etc in the UK - like I would need to know/ask about a new country which I was going to live in for the first time.

cheers
disagree. people wanting to move back home would want the same kind of reasurances/discussions as people leaving.

Old May 13th 2003, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Slippers
Aus has no monopoly on "outdoors". There is a lot of it about. I have enjoyed it all my life.
i see you are in nz? bungy jumped yet? gone skiing? etc
Old May 13th 2003, 3:19 pm
Bilbo

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Not on the same plane out carrying out the better educated Aussies to London? some in , some out a country with a revolving door?

They cross the oceans for a heart of gold.

Old May 13th 2003, 3:22 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

disagree. people wanting to move back home would want the same kind of reasurances/discussions as people leaving.

Really - being one myself (will be leaving in the next few years - I hope!), I do not need any reasurances. And I do not need to ask the same questions that people who are going to a new country ask about, why do I need to know about Visa's, health, and places to live in? The Uk is my home, I was born and bred there.

Cheers
Old May 13th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ceri
Really - being one myself (will be leaving in the next few years - I hope!), I do not need any reasurances. And I do not need to ask the same questions that people who are going to a new country ask about, why do I need to know about Visa's, health, and places to live in? The Uk is my home, I was born and bred there.

Cheers
i didn't say visa info. discussion with other like-minded souls
Old May 13th 2003, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

You are a fan of fantasy fiction, as is betrayed by your choosing a username taken from one of Brit author JRR Tolkien's many books. Perhaps this explains many of your responses concerning the lands downunder?
Old May 13th 2003, 3:29 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

i didn't say visa info. discussion with other like-minded souls
In that case - I must get back to my fishing forum, or my 'free Wales forum" - lol

Cheers
Old May 13th 2003, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

i see you are in nz? bungy jumped yet? gone skiing? etc
No. I am living off the NZ incomes and so cannot afford these luxuries. Unfortunately, I am not a holidaymaker with pounds stuffed in my moneybelt, but someone living within the constraints of the reality of life down here.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ceri is clearly correct on this point. Brits may want a bit of info when venturing out, as any sensible person would, but they need little help when going home.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:36 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slippers
No. I am living off the NZ incomes and so cannot afford these luxuries. Unfortunately, I am not a holidaymaker with pounds stuffed in my moneybelt, but someone living within the constraints of the reality of life down here.
Skiing's not a rich man's sport in NZ - it's for the people rather as in France.

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Skiing's not a rich man's sport in NZ - it's for the people rather as in France.

Cheers - Don

I said nothing about the rich Don. I said skiing was a luxury. It is not a necessity (unless you live on a mountain or your name is James Bond) and NZ incomes soon force you to make the distinction between necessities and luxuries.

Slippers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.