Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Everyones leaving the UK ...

Wikiposts

Everyones leaving the UK ...

Old May 13th 2003, 3:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bryank
disagree. people wanting to move back home would want the same kind of reasurances/discussions as people leaving.

Do we all not have friends and family back in the UK , do not answer that it may put you in a bad light.

Old May 13th 2003, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slippers
I said nothing about the rich Don. I said skiing was a luxury. It is not a necessity (unless you live on a mountain or your name is James Bond) and NZ incomes soon force you to make the distinction between necessities and luxuries.

Slippers
disagree. skiing is incredibly cheap in nz (been there twice) sounds like you need to get away from your computer!
Old May 13th 2003, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Slippers
Ceri is clearly correct on this point. Brits may want a bit of info when venturing out, as any sensible person would, but they need little help when going home.
that's your opinion. doesn't make it correct.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Do we all not have friends and family back in the UK , do not answer that it may put you in a bad light.

discussing with other expats who have been through what we have is alot different than talking to family....
Old May 13th 2003, 3:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

that's your opinion. doesn't make it correct.
Like it ,you are fisherman I take it , please throw the undersized ones back?

Old May 13th 2003, 3:56 pm
Banned

discussing with other expats who have been through what we have is alot different than talking to family....

I value family above any forum member , do you not?

Old May 13th 2003, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

I value family above any forum member , do you not?

of course. but they have not lived over here have they?
Old May 13th 2003, 4:07 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Have you for very long bryank?
Old May 13th 2003, 4:07 pm
Banned

I may have lost your first reply to this thread but the question was why should any returning Pom need to get information about returning home? to which you disagreed?
Sorry if me mind wonders I am dreaming of another land of my birth.

Old May 13th 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jayr
Have you for very long bryank?
one year so far
Old May 13th 2003, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

I may have lost your first reply to this thread but the question was why should any returning Pom need to get information about returning home? to which you disagreed?

it's not to get information. to discuss. returning home after being an expat is surely a big decision...selling house, farewelling friends, and so on....
Old May 13th 2003, 4:11 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Hey lets give bryank a break! Of course returners would want to know a few things like:

1) Is it still to the left of France?
2) Do they still have universal access to free healthcare?
3) Is there a shop called Marks & Spencer?
4) Is Wales still there?

etc.
Old May 13th 2003, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hey lets give bryank a break! Of course returners would want to know a few things like:

1) Is it still to the left of France?
2) Do they still have universal access to free healthcare?
3) Is there a shop called Marks & Spencer?
4) Is Wales still there?

etc.
read my post above
Old May 13th 2003, 4:16 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

4) Is Wales still there?

etc.
Well I bl**dy hope so!! You can't get rid of us that easy
cheers
Old May 13th 2003, 4:18 pm
Banned

it's not to get information. to discuss. returning home after being an expat is surely a big decision...selling house, farewelling friends, and so on....
We know more than we need about Australia and the UK , as you say leaving the friends here is hard , but we still value family in the UK above friends here or back home.
You can always make new friends , you are stuck with your family who will always be there for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.