Evening life

Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:19 pm
Badge

Default Evening life

Well, we have been to a lot of parties, and or have been out to dinner at the riverside tavern opened last year. Last night was a big water pistol fight at my mate's wife's mother's and father's. Bruce had to go home to pick up his gigantic water cannon so I positioned all the kids in the drive in a massive pre-set ambush. The father hugged me and said I had become part of the family and was glad to have me back in Australia. We met more friends of friends from Sydney and Melborne and swapped numbers and addresses. A bit of banter was exchanged but only for a few mins. I gave it to them about the Rugby.

A good time was had by all. Watched the Sky UK News and thought ' bloody hell these Poms sound pompous!'. They were talking for 15 mins about student fees and I still haven't understood the crux of the argument this time around! Something about 15K or something. The Aussie News keeps things nice and simple and the pollies and newsreaders just keep discussions quick and easy. None of this long rah-rah and shouting to the camera like in UK.

Mossies not too bad. A few small spiders observed, but no Huntsman yet :-(

Tonight meeting up with some SA friends. Tomorrow a massive party in my honour as well. Everyone is coming, even Australia's World motorbike champ who my mate knows - no names.

Badge

Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:46 pm
dazuk

Default Re: Evening life

The Aussie News keeps things nice and simple and the pollies and newsreaders just keep discussions quick and easy. None of this long rah-rah and shouting to the camera like in UK.

By this I take it you mean in OZ the news is strickly auusie news therefore usually sport sport and sport. Whereas the Uk news is soooo pompous when it reports world news and in depth current affairs.

Go watch your today tonight about whether coles seels cheaper milk then woolies if I were you.

I think there is a sadness in someone who has been in oz a few days and has to try and act like an aussie in every way and slate the UK at any oppurtunity.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

But remember that it was capital in the UK that enables you to live in OZ

Scottm
Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by badgersmount

Tonight meeting up with some SA friends. Tomorrow a massive party in my honour as well. Everyone is coming, even Australia's World motorbike champ who my mate knows - no names.

Badge

Badge, you have me in fits, I mean we just cant see you at the normal aussie party where they chuck out a few cheerios (weiners) and a bowl of sauce can we??

Look if you come up here I can rustle up 4 sports stars, I TV presenter, 2 solicitors, I doctor, 1 Author, if hes not overseas. Oh and a couple of property barons.

Now will that do the honours, or should I get Johnny H as well???

We have a bit of red carpet somewhere, and I'll see if the newspresenter can slot us in for a few piccys on the 6'O clock.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

whilst watching the news did you feel you were in australia. I never do I just feel I'm in NSW. They don't even cover the next state.

When something truly international happens (like a Sept 11 disaster)I don't think you'll be rushing for the Ch9 reportage of it. No you'll be heading to the BBC. Why? Because thats where quality reporting lives.

The choice is simple - quality ...or tat.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dazuk
The Aussie News keeps things nice and simple and the pollies and newsreaders just keep discussions quick and easy. None of this long rah-rah and shouting to the camera like in UK.

By this I take it you mean in OZ the news is strickly auusie news therefore usually sport sport and sport. Whereas the Uk news is soooo pompous when it reports world news and in depth current affairs.

Go watch your today tonight about whether coles seels cheaper milk then woolies if I were you.

I think there is a sadness in someone who has been in oz a few days and has to try and act like an aussie in every way and slate the UK at any oppurtunity.
Perhaps if you knew some of Badge's history here you might not be so quick to chuck some of your ill-considered comments in.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it strange how you know that some people will "fit" in Oz better then others......... you keep enjoying it Badger! And bring me a nice big Huntsman to eat the cockies!!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:13 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like you're having a ball BM, enjoying your posts!

You really cant win on here, if you're making an effort to 'do it Oz style' like Badge, you get criticised for slating the UK, if you complain about anything Oz you get slated for not trying hard enough to integrate????????
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:14 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Isn't it strange how you know that some people will "fit" in Oz better then others......... you keep enjoying it Badger! And bring me a nice big Huntsman to eat the cockies!!!
i think it takes all sorts to 'fit' into OZ. IMO Badgers is unique. No one else could or would post in the same way. I think the best description given the other day was 'child in a sweet shop'. Which for me described the innocence and wonder that is Badgers.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Jirrupin
i think it takes all sorts to 'fit' into OZ. IMO Badgers is unique. No one else could or would post in the same way. I think the best description given the other day was 'child in a sweet shop'. Which for me described the innocence and wonder that is Badgers.
Badge has a big personality.

Hes a wonder of aussieness to those still in the Uk and how well he's getting it. But to a broken in aussie- pom hes got a bit of a cringe factor, like turning up after 3 days in OZ getting the accent. (Just most aussies would think you were a right nutter or taking the piss).

My guess is he must be a right laugh to get away with.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:45 am
WBB

Originally posted by dotty

My guess is he must be a right laugh to get away with.

i bet he is, i would like to go on a night out with badge, there would never be a dull moment.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

‘Perhaps if you knew some of Badge's history here you might not be so quick to chuck some of your ill-considered comments in’.

‘History here’ So tell me when someone reaches this elevated position of Demi-God on this forum are all other members expected to show some kind of respect no matter what controversial item is posted? Should posters bow in awe because of some other member’s history of popular posts and huge sycophantic following, (Badges appreciation thread) which could possibly be leading to an over inflated ego? Okay some folk have met through various ‘meets’ which I think are a great idea, but come on can some of you really justify this form of hero worship (okay its only a bit of fun?) when in reality you know so little about anyone – get a grip!

As for ill-considered comments, in taking the time to post any reply I’m sure consideration is given to contents whether you appreciate them or not.

As for Bagers’ I have enjoyed many posts and have no argument with most, but don’t you think Bager’s is capable of answering there own criticism?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:02 am
dazuk

Originally posted by mcmercer
It sounds like you're having a ball BM, enjoying your posts!

You really cant win on here, if you're making an effort to 'do it Oz style' like Badge, you get criticised for slating the UK, if you complain about anything Oz you get slated for not trying hard enough to integrate????????
Its one thing to enjoy and integrate into your new country. Its this weird fixation that aussies and newly arrived pom reffos have with knocking the UK I cant understaand.

I maen saying that Aussie news is good and the UK version is pants????? I mean come on, next you,ll be claiming the TV in general is better, take off those blinkers.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:05 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never met Badgers but I assume by the way he writes on this forum that he is sincere in his own naivity. He has a certain outlook on life, and it obviously works for him.

I have no idea how the Aussies take to him, but I think he brings out the maternal/paternalistic side of other posters which is why they step forward to defend him.

I think he can stand up for himself and has done so. What I don't think he ever does is play games, he is what he is. Like it or not.

I couldn't not like Badgers if I tried because he makes me smile so often.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:07 am
WBB

Originally posted by Jirrupin

I couldn't not like Badgers if I tried because he makes me smile so often.

don't you mean dislike?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.