Evening life

Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:22 am
WBB

Originally posted by podgypossum
Nibbs...you have struck on a very important point.

Thats what i find very annoyng on this forum...unless you are in one camp or the other you are either totally ignored, abused or ridiculed!!even down to the way you talk...how bloody immature is that??

I feel like doing a whole thread on the cans and can't dos in here, just so that newbies know how to negotiate this boot camp!!! Can you imagine what it must all look like to someone who turns up for hte first itme??...i'm surprised we ever get any new members. I wonder how many look in here and turn right round and shut the door behind them.

More sense is a kindergarten at times!
we were all new once, i know what you mean though.

Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

No Nibbs..its 3pm here...i not long got up!!!

I gotta change my sleep pattern around again... i am missing half the days sunshine now
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by podgypossum
No Nibbs..its 3pm here...i not long got up!!!

I gotta change my sleep pattern around again... i am missing half the days sunshine now
Woops sorry 'bout that. For some reason I thought you were still in the lovely old UK (thought I'd better say that in case I get accused of slagging the old country )
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Noo..left there over 2yrs ago. Can't say i miss it, apart from the family.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:45 am
Badge

what people also forget is that I spent an entire year in Australia in situations that the average English person OR Aussie haven't been to.

I also like Aussie life and have been made to feel welcome in many homes. If I 'slate' the Uk it is because life there seems so bizzarre and OTT. 'even' the newsreaders give you a 'hard time'. I had to turn over as my head was going in circles..

It wasn't a ference to Australia being patriarchial etc.

Thanks for the support. Dazuk - you do seem to hate Australia don't ya?

Me. What you see is what you get. I like people with a big heart and with respect for others and respect for enthusiasm and drive and also some of the good things in life. I've done a fair few things and Australia is where my heart is. And always will be. If I seem to be acting like an aussie then so what. I was born in the wrong country. I can't believe how much I fit in here sometimes. (I have to shake my head sometimes )And I can't work out why people crash and burn so readily here - without giving it a go...seriously(!) I think it's a shame. Naive. Not really. Life hasn't also dealt me a full deck, but I take one thing at a time.

;-)

Badge

Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:33 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
what people also forget is that I spent an entire year in Australia in situations that the average English person OR Aussie haven't been to.

I also like Aussie life and have been made to feel welcome in many homes. If I 'slate' the Uk it is because life there seems so bizzarre and OTT. 'even' the newsreaders give you a 'hard time'. I had to turn over as my head was going in circles..

Me. What you see is what you get. I like people with a big heart and with respect for others and respect for enthusiasm and drive and also some of the good things in life. I've done a fair few things and Australia is where my heart is. And always will be. If I seem to be acting like an aussie then so what. I was born in the wrong country. I can't believe how much I fit in here sometimes. (I have to shake my head sometimes )And I can't work out why people crash and burn so readily here - without giving it a go...seriously(!) I think it's a shame. Naive. Not really. Life hasn't also dealt me a full deck, but I take one thing at a time.

;-)

Badge
Good on ya Badge. You shouldn't need to defend you way of life to others, but I'm glad you have.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

I truly can't believe this thread. Why can't someone get off the plane and enjoy themselves. Why can't they just have a laugh. If more people did that instead of taking life so seriously the world would be an easier place to be in. I honestly can't believe this site sometimes. If a Pom got off the plane here in NZ and turned up acting and sounding like a kiwi at a party it would be hysterical, everyone would love him/her for their sense of fun. No-one would think it was a bad thing, it would be great and they'd be offered another drink or 20!! Am I the only one that would think it would be great to see an Oz or kiwi guy acting like Jamie Oliver in London. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of person that would think that wasn't funny. What a sad world. Lighten up!!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaisyNZ
I truly can't believe this thread. Why can't someone get off the plane and enjoy themselves. Why can't they just have a laugh. If more people did that instead of taking life so seriously the world would be an easier place to be in. I honestly can't believe this site sometimes. If a Pom got off the plane here in NZ and turned up acting and sounding like a kiwi at a party it would be hysterical, everyone would love him/her for their sense of fun. No-one would think it was a bad thing, it would be great and they'd be offered another drink or 20!! Am I the only one that would think it would be great to see an Oz or kiwi guy acting like Jamie Oliver in London. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of person that would think that wasn't funny. What a sad world. Lighten up!!!
Having watched and posted about tonights (thats those of us that live in aus) life down under I am amazed how you cant love the country and the lifestyle FFS!

May have to have a west end to calm down I can feel a pomme attack coming on
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:54 am
WBB

Originally posted by evorobin
Having watched and posted about tonights (thats those of us that live in aus) life down under I am amazed how you cant love the country and the lifestyle FFS!

May have to have a west end to calm down I can feel a pomme attack coming on

thw welsh lot in melbourne were the highlite of the series so far and did us proud, i would go to they're BBQ anyday

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Good onya Badge..i will bet my house you are far more popular than most of the whinging miseries on here!!
Live your life for YOU..no one else...if they don't like you talking like an Ozzie and you want to..tough shit i say.... in fact i dont care how you talk, how you look, or whether you wear the right clothes...as long as you are happy with yourself you'll always be welcome in my world!!... too many snobs make for a misreable existence
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount

;-)

Badge
As an Australian, I would have absolutely no problem with a pom taking on "the Australian way" and I certainly wouldn't bash you up because I thought you were taking the piss. I would welcome it! Dotty must hang around some real b*stards or live in a pretty rough area to see all these things or form opinions of this type. Good on you B!

After 3 years in the UK, I have inadvertently changed a few of my previous Aussie habits, which I think happens after befriending and hanging around the locals and embracing a bit of what you now have. I accept that the UK isn't "Little Australia" and so therefore does not have to resemble it!

As for the news, I say this time and again. I find the news here is very limited in its scope as well (in my opinion) and very little is reported about the goings on in the Southern Hemisphere. However, I must remember that this is because it is of little relevance to those living her, Europe is. Try and get a grip and not get so defensive about how much better the news was back in the UK.

That's it! Oh yeah, and I too love your posts.