Evening life

Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Listen to yourselves!

I hope that Badge is all the things you say about him – if its all true then I want him as my best mate too, lets face it who wouldn’t.

The point I’m making is that with the exception of maybe a few of you who may have met him in person Bagde could be a little red Martian (No offence to Badge and If they find any little red Martians up there – my apologies). It’s the blind obedience to the point of passionate defence that some of you go to, to defend him that I find strange. You have to ask yourself if the idea of moving to Oz could be based on the same blind faith (there are those who are going having never visited, but, on the strength of forum threads and other second and third hand advice).

I reiterate my first statement in this reply about Badge (in fact the point of my thread has nothing to do with Badge personally but with the concept of Badge) But wonder if he is becoming the product of what some of you want to believe and will defend to the hilt – as some of you are doing, in the very same way as everything negative about Oz is defended to a greater or lesser degree by it being what your mind set believes?

Could Badge be the rose tinted specs that some of you are looking through?

Last edited by scotvness; Jan 9th 2004 at 11:55 am.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:47 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Listen to yourselves!

Originally posted by scotvness
I hope that Badge is all the things you say about him – if its all true then I want him as my best mate too, lets face it who wouldn’t.

The point I’m making is that with the exception of maybe a few of you who may have met him in person Bagde could be a little red Martian (No offence to Badge and If they find any little red Martians up there – my apologies). It’s the blind obedience to the point of passionate defence that some of you go to, to defend him that I find strange. You have to ask yourself if the idea of moving to Oz could be based on the same blind faith (there are those who are going having never visited, but, on the strength of forum threads and other second and third hand advice).

I reiterate my first statement in this reply about Badge (in fact the point of my thread has nothing to do with Badge personally but with the concept of Badge) But wonder if he is becoming the product of what some of you want to believe and will defend to the hilt – as some of you are doing, in the very same way as everything negative about Oz is defended to a greater or lesser degree by it being what your mind set believes?

That's a very good post, and it's interesting to hear the thoughts of those who are newer to the forum and thus read Badge's (and others' posts) with less of the preconceptions some of us may have.

Mind you, the thought of Badgers as a concept is a scary one!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Listen to yourselves!

Originally posted by scotvness

I'd just like to point out that you are also making a lot of assumptions about us, based on this same forum.

Most of the people in this thread, are in Oz, or have already been there for more than a holiday.

I'm also a bit worried about people going there who have never visited, because I also believe that every country has it's problems etc etc
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose one thing to remember about Badgers when reading his posts, is that unlike some forum "characters", he is totally genuine and doesn't hide behind a persona. He posts what he believes in, and passionately defends the same ideals in real life.
When I first met him neither of us had posted much on the forum, and I had no preconceptions about him at all - I formed my opinion in person, and later found it confirmed through posts on here.

Not everyone would like him, or agree with him, but I have always found his attitude and his honesty refreshing and fun.

(and after all that flattery Badger, you owe me lots of Cascade!!!)
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:03 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
I suppose one thing to remember about Badgers when reading his posts, is that unlike some forum "characters", he is totally genuine and doesn't hide behind a persona. He posts what he believes in, and passionately defends the same ideals in real life.
When I first met him neither of us had posted much on the forum, and I had no preconceptions about him at all - I formed my opinion in person, and later found it confirmed through posts on here.

Not everyone would like him, or agree with him, but I have always found his attitude and his honesty refreshing and fun.

Well, take some flattery back, Pollyana, because I think much the same about your posts and, as you have actually met Badgers, I trust your opinion of him.

Admittedly, we can't really 'know' each other from this forum, but I think those of us that are on it most days get a good sense of the personalities behind the posts. Maybe I'm just being naive and Pollyana is really an axe-wielding maniac, or that Badgers isn't actually in Oz at all, but here in the UK pretending he is in Oz by playing on a stereotype...but somehow I prefer to just my judgment as to how genuine people are.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:05 pm
WBB

well said polly, i cant wait to meet the now famous badgers, i hope he turns out to be everything we think he is.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Well, take some flattery back, Pollyana, because I think much the same about your posts and, as you have actually met Badgers, I trust your opinion of him.

Admittedly, we can't really 'know' each other from this forum, but I think those of us that are on it most days get a good sense of the personalities behind the posts. Maybe I'm just being naive and Pollyana is really an axe-wielding maniac, or that Badgers isn't actually in Oz at all, but here in the UK pretending he is in Oz by playing on a stereotype...but somehow I prefer to just my judgment as to how genuine people are.
here here (hear hear ??) The WHOLE post.
( I could be naive too. Am sometimes. There are a few on here that I don't entirely trust, but I'm quite sure most are qenuine.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

I accept what you say Polly' and think 'thats great' honestly- However I dont think your answer is relevant to my thread reply
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:13 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm just being naive and Pollyana is really an axe-wielding maniac
Didnt I mention that after I met her for the first time?

And of course Polly & I could be one of those multiple personality posters people go on about, except for the fact that if we were, then we must also be the force behind the other 37 people that came to the expats meet at Wynnum .
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Didnt I mention that after I met her for the first time?

And of course Polly & I could be one of those multiple personality posters people go on about, except for the fact that if we were, then we must also be the force behind the other 37 people that came to the expats meet at Wynnum .
Truth's out now, eh?!!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Truth's out now, eh?!!!
yeah but now you have to work it out - is it me or is it Polly with the 38 different personalities?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:49 pm
WBB

yeah but now you have to work it out - is it me or is it Polly with the 38 different personalities?
talking of the brissy meet when is the next one?

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

Or is it neither of you - are you both figments of another's imagination? Scared now
:scared:
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I reckon its both of you DB...in fact i think you both make up 95% of board members here. Maybe you both have multiple personality disorders.... what i want to know is...which one of you is me??

Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by podgypossum
I reckon its both of you DB...in fact i think you both make up 95% of board members here. Maybe you both have multiple personality disorders.... what i want to know is...which one of you is me??

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.