Earthquake due?

Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earthquake due?

This is a bit of a worry. :scared:

If it happens

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...15-421,00.html

G
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:09 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Earthquake due?

Not a worry really, after all you could get hit by a bus tomorrow!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej
Not a worry really, after all you could get hit by a bus tomorrow!
You are absolutely spot on there girl! Life is WAY too short to be worrying about "what ifs"...there's enough stresses in everyday life without bringing something that "might" happen into the equation!!

Just enjoy your life!! And...just supposing it did happen...would all that worrying have prepared you for it in any way? Nope...so just don't worry.

Love sophia xx
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:29 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I am reading Bill Bryson's latest book trying to explain science to the masses. I read last night that Yellowstone National Park suffers thousands of earthquakes everyday, it is just that no one notices.

5hit happens from time to time. You are just very unlucky if you happen to be in the toilet at the sametime.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The news guys really are scare mongers though. That article is all "might" and "could" and the every thirty year bit, where are the figures? Just jumping on the fears of people who obviously still have Asia Tsunami on their minds.

Just out of interest, how many people do die by being hit by a bus every year
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:38 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My brother, my best friend at school's brother, the mother of the old lady who lived opposite my mum, someone in Croydon this weekend...

Not your fault but my blood still runs cold anytime uses that phrase.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
My brother, my best friend at school's brother, the mother of the old lady who lived opposite my mum, someone in Croydon this weekend...

Not your fault but my blood still runs cold anytime uses that phrase.

sorry
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:45 pm
A former regular of BE

sorry
No offence taken . Just don't run for a bus in Chester
Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:05 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

The news guys really are scare mongers though. That article is all "might" and "could" and the every thirty year bit, where are the figures? Just jumping on the fears of people who obviously still have Asia Tsunami on their minds.

Agree about the scaremongering. Some UK papers recently ran a story that IF there was a volcanic eruption in the Canary Isles, this MIGHT trigger a tsunami which COULD hit the UK.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:09 pm
sula

Originally Posted by Grayling

If it happens

G

The Prophet of Doom has spoken! :scared:

Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:15 pm
Merlot

It is just another news article, either read it or don't.

I think Graying placed it as a topical conversation?

M

Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Grayling

If it happens

G
Sorry for intruding. We live on the west coast of Canada, on Vancouver Island. We are constantly under the same threat that we are "overdue" for at least a 9.0 earthquake at any time, and this has been happening for a good number of years now. We get inundated with the same type of info from the radio and newspapers.

All I can tell you, is that we are a little concerned, but except from moving to another location, there isn't much you can do. If it happens it happens, and we have just decided to live our lives and not worry about it......

I know this probably won't help you much.....but truly try not to worry to much about it......because if it happens it happens....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:23 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good philospohy, Willmore. There isn't a lot of point worrying about things you have no control over.

GG

Originally Posted by willmore
Sorry for intruding. We live on the west coast of Canada, on Vancouver Island. We are constantly under the same threat that we are "overdue" for at least a 9.0 earthquake at any time, and this has been happening for a good number of years now. We get inundated with the same type of info from the radio and newspapers.

All I can tell you, is that we are a little concerned, but except from moving to another location, there isn't much you can do. If it happens it happens, and we have just decided to live our lives and not worry about it......

I know this probably won't help you much.....but truly try not to worry to much about it......because if it happens it happens....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

You think that's bad? anyone see the programme "Horizon" in the Uk the other week about "Global Dimming" ? :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 26th 2005, 7:08 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
It is just another news article, either read it or don't.

I think Graying placed it as a topical conversation?

M
You are right Merlot.

Perhaps I should have put something on about Sun, beaches and bbq's

This forum is not about lifestyle really

It is about dreams.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.