Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

drinks and nite out in st ives area

drinks and nite out in st ives area

Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:03 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Default Re: drinks and nite out in st ives area

Sorry, no Fridays are not good for me, Sat are better but first I can do is Sept 20th due to holiday etc.
Have fun on 22 Aug if you go though
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

I`m already booked sat 20th Sept so that`s a no go for me.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Friday 22nd is good for me too; sorry, I haven't been on this thread for a while either. Shall we make it the Thai (as it did start off as a meet in St. Ives thread ) then as Sandra suggests we can sort something out for September? Am happy to book it if I have numbers. (I am also blowing you out tomorrow shoppingjojo due to my eldest recovering from having his appendix out yesterday!!!! so it would be nice to meet you).
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

ShoppingJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thai is good for me (my favourite!). We are actually moving that day now - yes we have found a house! But it will be lovely to escape for the evening. If someone could give me an address, then I will pop it in the sat nav!

See you all soon.

Jo
xx
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:16 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Friday 22nd Thai - I take it is the Rama King? If we get the numbers it would be great if you book Rosscarbery.

http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydney/rama_king_thai/

The address states it is on Mona vale Road but it is actually on Stanley Street at the side just beside the Video Shop. Parking is behind the shops or on the roads in front if there is space. It is BYO so bring your favourite or there is a bottle shop near woolies in St Ives Shopping Village across the road a bit or a drive in one just on Mona Vale Road.

Then people can state the best date for September on this thread as well.

I will book my flight back to make it on time so I will be there. 7.30 - 8.00 is this a good time?

We can always move on to the coffee shop if the chat goes on.

Cheers Sandra
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

8pm Fri 22nd. I look forward to seeing you all there and meeting the newer faces.
W
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:37 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Good for me too - it's in the diary!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:55 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, Sandra's very kindly invited me to this gathering.

I'm going to decline as I'm not currently driving (long, pathetic story) but I'm very grateful for the invitation, and I'll look out for further events and try to get myself sorted and attend.

Have a great time.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Hi all, Sandra's very kindly invited me to this gathering.

I'm going to decline as I'm not currently driving (long, pathetic story) but I'm very grateful for the invitation, and I'll look out for further events and try to get myself sorted and attend.

Have a great time.
Hi Seasider

Sorry you can't make the meet. I know most of the people posting on this thread and they are a good bunch, you should join them for a girls night in sometime.....but whatever you do - don't tell them you know me!!!

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rudi. How is life up North? I guess St. Ives is a bit too far to come for a glass of wine

Ok, I'll book a table at the Rama King Thai (as Sandra has said, on Stanley Street, St. Ives) for 8pm in the name of Roberts. I think the staff might struggle with Rosscarbery! So far there is Sandra, Wilgar, Binbird, ShoppingJoJo and myself as definites - don't think I've missed anyone but apologies if I have - and I'll PM Ron the Pom so she knows to come back to the thread and let us know if she can make it.

If anyone drops out nearer the time can you post it on here so I can let the restaurant know. I go there quite a bit so don't want to piss them off!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:42 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Seasider

Sorry you can't make the meet. I know most of the people posting on this thread and they are a good bunch, you should join them for a girls night in sometime.....but whatever you do - don't tell them you know me!!!

Love

Rudi
xxx

Excuse me, but do I know you?

Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:00 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rudi

Fancy a Brisbane drink then? I am up here the mid week part of my life. I meet Polyanna and a couple of others each week in the city centre - you would be more than welcome to come along.

Hi Seasider

I can get my taxi from the airport to stop and pick you up on the way through? I do not intend to be in a fit state to drive back though!

Cheers Sandra
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:35 am
Gone Senile Member

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Hi Rudi. How is life up North? I guess St. Ives is a bit too far to come for a glass of wine

Ok, I'll book a table at the Rama King Thai (as Sandra has said, on Stanley Street, St. Ives) for 8pm in the name of Roberts. I think the staff might struggle with Rosscarbery! So far there is Sandra, Wilgar, Binbird, ShoppingJoJo and myself as definites - don't think I've missed anyone but apologies if I have - and I'll PM Ron the Pom so she knows to come back to the thread and let us know if she can make it.

If anyone drops out nearer the time can you post it on here so I can let the restaurant know. I go there quite a bit so don't want to piss them off!!
Hi Rosscarberry - two other expats are keen to join in, Kim and Debs - so along with me that is three for your numbers, if anything changes I will post on here. Hope this is ok for numbers - equally use the restaurant a fair bit so looking forward to it.

Cheers Sandra
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Make that four as Gerry is up from Wollongong next weekend so I'll drag her along too.

Debs
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery

I am not sure that I can make this meet but it would be lovely to get together with eveyone, maybe next time. Thanks for the invite and hope you all have a lovely time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.