Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

drinks and nite out in st ives area

drinks and nite out in st ives area

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:56 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Default Re: drinks and nite out in st ives area

Sounds like a plan, once some date have mentioned I can see if my OH is around....thanks Rosscarberry
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Hi Ross, Bin Bird et al
Who said daytime drinking was decadent?
Also think the OP been scared off by amount of interest she has aroused?
Count me in too pls.
Can we talk dates tho` as I need to get sorted out well in advance. I would prefer somewhere like St. Ives as its closer to me or somewhere on train line so people do not need to rely on cars /lifts etc. Hornsby is fairly central and we had a good eve at a restaurant in Hornsby (Blue Grill?) once. Whatever, I`ve missed the last few outings so will certainly be at this one.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

To show how keen I am I`ve already consulted diary and noted my only free Sat in Aug are 7th which is um this week. Otherwise Fridays are possible tho would need a little thought. What dates are you considering? Otherwise we roll into Sept where I will be single parent for almost a month and most certainly in need of a night out.20th Sept is not good for me. Diaries girls pls!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:42 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

HI All

Sorry for not being about - was sunning myself in England and Singapore! Back now and in desperate need of a good night out.

As for diaries - I am free Wednesday 13th August. Then heading back to Brisbane and have to stay this weekend as I am taking my son with me to the bright lights of that city!

So basically I then have every weeekend from the 22nd August - have just neogiated early flights for Fridays so that means I have an extra weekend night available if Qantarse can fly on time.

The Thai sounds a great start - but do not really care where.

Looking forward to getting this organised - any input people?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Welcome back.Thought this had died a death. I`m busy in Aug but could do a fri eve as long as I have notice.Are you saying Fridays are OK? Or September would be good but I need to know and confirm dates. Any other input? Anyone?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

ShoppingJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: drinks and nite out in st ives area

Hi all,

We arrived just on Sunday (OH and two kids aged 5 and 2 years) and though I have only been away from home for 2 weeks I am in desperate need of some adult company and would be up for a night out or an excuse for a glass of wine without the kids!

I have no babysitters, so would just be me!

We are currently living in Chatswood until we find a long term rental in the st ives/pymble/belrose area but am happy to drive anywhere really - god, do I sound desperate!

Would offer to organise but I don't know any of the areas just yet....but give me time!

Keep me posted. Can do any night.

Jo
x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jo
Love your name(the shopping bit) welcome to Sydney. I live fairly close to areas you are talking about. lets see who else answers,maybe some of the Castle Hill RSL girls will answer too.
W
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Fab! Would be lovely to meet some new faces. Am also going to the castle hill rsl thingy next Tuesday - so might see you then!

Jo
x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:17 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

rest of August is out for me at weekends, so into Sept from 13th onwards....but earliest is really 20th dependng on OH rotation, might just be me as usual
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:42 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - I am keen to get this sorted too. I'm fed up of my own efforts at home cooking! So, let's suggest some dates:

How about Friday 22 August which seems like the earliest possibility for a few of you?

Failing that, how about Friday 5th or Saturday 6th September or Saturday 13th September? I'm anticipating it will be just me - hubby can babysit unless a few other halves are being dragged out too!

I think the Thai at St Ives has been mentioned by a few people so shall we aim for that?

Answers please so we can get a date in the diary!

And "Hi" to Jo. Welcome to Sydney and sorry I stood you up (Friday lunch) before we even get to meet! Unfortunately work has got in the way!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Hooray Hoola & Bin Bird ,I can do Fri 22nd Aug. Just me tho`as OH likes me out of house so he can indulge in an orgy of olympic viewing! He can baysit too whereas in September I`ll be single parent as he nips of to B`kok & Amsterdam (Hmmmmmm interesting correlation there!) If OH`s required I could drag him out tho`.

Shopping Jo check out the FTC threads as we do have regular meets with our children too.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be up for this too, potentially, eg dependant on dates etc...

Jo, ditto what Binbird said about Friday, my apologies too but I am now working, however, you are welcome to PM me for any info you may need.

Hope to meet you all soon.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:37 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

So for a suggestion - who can make 22nd as a first date and then we can sort out a September Date? There seems to be enough of us to accommodate a couple of meets in this area.

I can make 22nd and any other date in September Friday and Saturdays.

Fridays is me only hubby works.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

I can make Friday 22nd August, wow a night out already! Just let me know where to find venue, once decided. Be good to meet you all - thanks for all you messages! xxx
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I`m already planning my clothes for the occasion. Hoola are you joining this event? Just wondering about lifts etc. Where are we meeting? Anyone fancy Hornsby?
J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.