Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Down Under Program - comments

Down Under Program - comments

Old Nov 27th 2003, 7:39 pm
Badge

Default Down Under Program - comments

Sydney looks great - more colorful than I remember it!

The bloke seems to do OK - but had a job lined up.

The woman seems to have the problems. She falls out of the boat, feels sick, can't drive etc, even though Sydney is an easier drive than London! Her son left home to go back within days. She misses him.

"They believe all you say. But they expect to see you doing the job"

well Sherlock, hairdressing is a manual skills based profession - what do you expect? And it's great that they at least believe you! ;-)

The bloke is driving bare-foot! She was scared of walking in the bush, spiders etc... he reckons its friendly yadda yadda. She doesn't like the sea. A tad negative perhaps?

All in all a great programme so far. Loads of imagery. Other kid well settled.

Badge

Old Nov 27th 2003, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Down Under Program - comments

Originally posted by badgersmount
Sydney looks great - more colorful than I remember it!

The bloke seems to do OK - but had a job lined up.

The woman seems to have the problems. She falls out of the boat, feels sick, can't drive etc, even though Sydney is an easier drive than London! Her son left home to go back within days. She misses him.

"They believe all you say. But they expect to see you doing the job"

well Sherlock, hairdressing is a manual skills based profession - what do you expect? And it's great that they at least believe you! ;-)

The bloke is driving bare-foot! She was scared of walking in the bush, spiders etc... he reckons its friendly yadda yadda. She doesn't like the sea. A tad negative perhaps?

All in all a great programme so far. Loads of imagery. Other kid well settled.

Badge
shame if they go back too soon but suppose each to own, feel sorry for guy and daughter as they love it....

if she's going back just for son, just hope he doesn't up and move away with his fiancee!!!
Old Nov 27th 2003, 7:57 pm
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Swifts
shame if they go back too soon but suppose each to own, feel sorry for guy and daughter as they love it....

if she's going back just for son, just hope he doesn't up and move away with his fiancee!!!
I was thinking the same thing. He is 19 after all and would probably fly the nest himself.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

To be honest, i thought she wasn't committed enough.

4 months isn't enough

Paul
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:05 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
To be honest, i thought she wasn't committed enough.

4 months isn't enough

Paul
you could tell that before they even left!! she just didn't want to go.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Well,
4 Months????
There was never any commitment to the move......the opening lines contained the words, the furniture in the UK is going into storage and the house will be looked after by family !!!
Feel really sorry for their daughter she looked liked she had settled really well.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:07 pm
Badge

It was a shame - at the interview she handed the wrong, out of date CV over , and was making negative comments about herself!!

If you make a mistake at an interview, you adlib - you take "control", grab the bull by the horns and articulately and positively turn it around, whatever mistake you make. Above all, you have to be switched on and POSITIVE. This will get you everywhere. Oh well....

Did anyone notice how nice the weather was in Essex on their return? It was obviously filmed during the recent heat wave I suspect. I thought - is this Australia or the UK?

The biggest thing for me is how CLEAN and COLORFUL (it's the roofs) Australia is - this is the thing you notice first, eh?

When Ms B gets home she will love the outdoors sections.

Badge

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

It seems as if she hadnt had a job since 1984, or did I pick it up wrong.
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I know it was hard for her, but I thought she was a bit wimpy, really.

Sydney looked good, though, didn't it! - I bet Aussie Immigration will be getting a few inquiring phone calls tomorrow - and there will be a few new posters about!
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rossi
Well,
4 Months????
There was never any commitment to the move......the opening lines contained the words, the furniture in the UK is going into storage and the house will be looked after by family !!!
Feel really sorry for their daughter she looked liked she had settled really well.

ditto
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:12 pm
WBB

good prog tonight, probably the best of the current crop doing the rounds.

they left themselves an escape route back to the UK with the house and furniture waiting for them, i thought from the beginning that they would return, he would of stayed i think but she was homesick.

look forward to next weeks episode.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:12 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by badgersmount
Did anyone notice how nice the weather was in Essex on their return? It was obviously filmed during the recent heat wave I suspect. I thought - is this Australia or the UK?
you mean you didn't notice the brown water with all the crap floating in it?
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

She seemed surprised that she had to demonstrate her skills.
My wife is a hairdresser/beauty therapist and she says that its normal practice.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:13 pm
WBB

Originally posted by scutterUK
you mean you didn't notice the brown water with all the crap floating in it?

what??? the brown eyed mullet

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:15 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry if it's a bit harsh but what a moaning, winging bat. The impression we got is that she never wanted to go in the first place. I don't think putting everything in storage and keeping the house was a good thing to do. It made it far too easy after so much work to come back. We won't be doing that, everything is going and if something awful happens and we do feel the need to return we will just start again.
I know it must be hard leaving all family and friends behind but there are ways and means of keeping in touch.
Good luck to everyone,

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.