Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Down Under Program - comments

Down Under Program - comments

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

She's staying, she's going home, she's staying, she's going home..... and so on and so forth.... blah, blah, blah.

It's people like this woman, that make the process SO long winded for the rest of us, who really want to grab every single opportunity and make the most of it.

How many visas are granted each year to idiots who have no intentions of staying.

GET OUT OF THE QUE! - some of us want to have a REAL bash at it!

Felt very sorry for her Hub and daughter, they were obviously settling in nicely. Like mother, like son - they got their own way in the end.

What a waste.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby thought the same regarding the furniture.."Oh Committed then" he said.

I think she had a close family here in the uk and that makes it harder for a large amount of people. I felt sorry for the hubby and daughter as they seemed to gel into the lifestyle very well.
I dont think her heart was really into it at all.

I just hope the hubby doesnt become unhappy having to live back in the UK when he really would rather be in Aus.

booboo
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

I think she had too many doubts before they even left the UK.
I feel sorry for her reguarding her son leaveing after 4 days (young love) but then like every1 says who's to say he dont fly off somewhere in the near future.
shame she could'nt give it a little more time before making the decision on goin back to UK, I think had she put a little more effort into job hunting and meeting people rather than just sitting at home feeling sorry for herself maybe she would of still been there as it was obvious her hubby and daughter loved every aspect of there new life.
I know for fact im gonna miss my family like mad...but 4 months is nothing!

Claire
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

i only saw it from half way because my deranged wife ( it's ok, she's at work now ) was watching eastenders
so didn't know about the furniture / house.
Still got the impression she wasn't up for it and i reckon the lad's got a bit of grafting ahead of him 'cos he's gonna end up in someone's shit-list if he ups sticks now lol.

Paul

It's the dad i feel sorry for. We're always the one's to suffer so be nice to us.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:18 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

enjoyed the programme, even giving good information which is probably a first. Thought the woman was Miss Negativity, felt kinda sorry for hubby and daughter. Personally think 4 months is just not long enough.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:18 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

it was a great program to see, but i has made me realise how lucky i am to be going on my own!!! i want to go! i don't have to convince anyone else to join in my dream.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:19 pm
Badge

lol

At worst, in all honesty, it's migrants with attitudes like her that give us all a bad name as "whinging poms". I've said it before, I will say it again - "some people just don't get it", do they?

write out 100 times be POSITIVE POSITIVE POSITIVE. EVERYWHERE. ALL THE TIME.

Sometimes I despair for this country! You wonder how people survive life in general. lol.

Badge

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Blimey you lot were quick....or is it i was slow...there was only 4 posts on this when i started mine
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:20 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by teach
Sorry if it's a bit harsh but what a moaning, winging bat. The impression we got is that she never wanted to go in the first place. I don't think putting everything in storage and keeping the house was a good thing to do. It made it far too easy after so much work to come back. We won't be doing that, everything is going and if something awful happens and we do feel the need to return we will just start again.
I know it must be hard leaving all family and friends behind but there are ways and means of keeping in touch.
Good luck to everyone,

Sarah

Have to agree with sarah - she was a bit of a whinger!!!
What I found funny was at the end when they were back in the uk HE did not look too chuffed! She decided they were coming back and he just followed - didnt she take into consideration his feelings? or the daughters? they went back to the uk because she missed her family, which is fair enough I suppose, but the hubby looked gutted!!!! have to say if it was me I would have let her go back on her own!!!!!!!!

Sue
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:21 pm
WBB

looks like the series could be watchable though, well made with a more realistic grip on things.

i'm sure i seen dotty's name come up as executive producer.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:22 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of
Default Bad timing

I thought it was really unfortunate timing for the family, that the son met the love of his life just 2 months before they emigrated.

You can't blame him for wanting to come back in that situation, the rest of the problems seemed to follow on from that.

At least in my case I've had time to get used to the idea that my daughters will validate their visas but probably not emigrate with me - and I'm lucky in that I've no spouse to convince one way or the other!

I feel really sorry for the husband and daughter though, they looked really settled in Sydney.

Still, they have the balance of the 5 years to try again; who knows what will happen.

One fascinating fact (to me anyway) was that looking at the wife's out of date CV I noticed that she has the same birthday as me but she was born a year later... not often I come across anyone else born on Valentine's Day!

And yes, Sydney (and the Blue Mountains) did look gorgeous!

Elaine
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

when I saw the cars on their drive, the stuff in storeage the house not sold and the cat with friends I just knew she wouldn't stay.

Feel so sorry for Abby, didnt mention her at the end did they? and the hubby. Hope their marriage survives............
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:23 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
What I found funny was at the end when they were back in the uk HE did not look too chuffed! She decided they were coming back and he just followed - didnt she take into consideration his feelings? or the daughters? they went back to the uk because she missed her family, which is fair enough I suppose, but the hubby looked gutted!!!! have to say if it was me I would have let her go back on her own!!!!!!!!

Sue
like it said at the end though at least they have the option to return and they've all validated their visas. that was at least one good thing with them all going out together.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:24 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins

Sue

Isn't that just the dilemma that Mr GD was facing recently, though? Ok they have had it a lot tougher in NZ but at one point they looked like they might be going their different ways.

I must agree that Xena was a bit of a wet lettuce really - and Badge's mantra is a good one I shall adopt!
Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by steandleigh
She's staying, she's going home, she's staying, she's going home..... and so on and so forth.... blah, blah, blah.

It's people like this woman, that make the process SO long winded for the rest of us, who really want to grab every single opportunity and make the most of it.

How many visas are granted each year to idiots who have no intentions of staying.

GET OUT OF THE QUE! - some of us want to have a REAL bash at it!

Felt very sorry for her Hub and daughter, they were obviously settling in nicely. Like mother, like son - they got their own way in the end.

What a waste.

have to agree with the part of wasting visas.......feel sorry for all those who have missed out on points etc to go and really would give it their all!!!!

feel sorry for hubbie and daughter as said before, it was hubbies dream and daughters great new life there, she could have made more of an effort as son was about to embark on travelling himself...who knows where he would have wanted to live after that!!!

Sydney looked fab still, at least when we arrive it will only be a step away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.