Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't Come to Australia

Don't Come to Australia

Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Come to Australia

Originally Posted by kporte
Not another Sweaty!!
oh tass has been around a long time. im sure she was shipped out for pinchin a loaf of bread lol
Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:39 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy©
oh tass has been around a long time. im sure she was shipped out for pinchin a loaf of bread lol
Wish I had been, would have saved a fortune!!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Wish I had been, would have saved a fortune!!
aye the breads dear here
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Don't Come to Australia

lmao, hello strange. this is a blast from the past. have you not returned to the uk yet because its pish here?
Well.....no........Did I tell you the story of my one arm escapades ?!?!?! It's gonna be years before I can afford tae escape this "Paradise" Island ! .................. and Aye, wis shipped oot fur "Dreamin the dream! " PMSL !! You , Soapy, wis shipped oot cos we jist dinnae like yer kind in Glesga !!

Last edited by Tass; Mar 28th 2010 at 7:27 am.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:01 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

yip. someone told me it never rained
Nothing surprises me mate. Some people believe everything they're told

Are you saying it does rain here
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Nothing surprises me mate. Some people believe everything they're told

Are you saying it does rain here
nope, hasnt rain since the day we landed. gawd i love this place!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Tass
Well.....no........Did I tell you the story of my one arm escapades ?!?!?! It's gonna be years before I can afford tae escape this "Paradise" Island ! .................. and Aye, wis shipped oot fur "Dreamin the dream! " PMSL !! You , Soapy, wis shipped oot cos we jist dinnae like yer kind in Glesga !!
that was some punishment. how they send me somewhere better next time. oh thats right. this place is somewhere better
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:43 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I think it’s pretty much been covered in all these pages, but I’m trying to figure out why all these minor points listed in the original post are justification enough to give up on a country.

By all means, hate Australia (I was born here and I often do!), but if you’re going to hate it at least give us some decent reasons!!

As for the ‘racism’ on the trams...exactly who is being racist? What race against what other race? Melbourne’s pretty damn diverse, and one look at the staff of the transport system will tell you it’s pretty hard for them all to discriminate against the same race!!

In fact I only just got back from Melbourne today, and in that time used the public transport system rather extensively. I came across staff from every corner of the Earth.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

it rained yesterday, so im going home tomorrow
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

it rained yesterday, so im going home tomorrow
Raining here too......!!!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newbie_and_Leaving
I've been in Melbourne two months, my experiences:

1. Customs & Excise charge the earth for inspection and do not do their job. They are trying to charge me $850 for destroying a plastic bucket that they say contains "traces of chemicals" - it's detergent you morons!!

2. Job agents are the worst I have ever encountered, bad manners is just one of their traits.

3. Tram inspectors behave like The Gestapo and are racist, they bully old people and are afraid of youths who DO evade paying.

4. The train operators cannot even gets their clocks in synch let alone run a service!

5. An internet connection is the most expensive of any of the 6 countries I have lived in.

6. The Govt allow a duopoly for the supermarkets, therefore any item is twice the price it should be.

7. Every public official I have had to deal with wants money to do their job.

And I haven't even started on the cost to live here....

Australia - great place to holiday a nightmare to live, I'm off and so is my taxable income.
Hmmm... Thanks for the hints. I'll stay in the good old US of A where governments officials and civil servants work for free, internets are abundant and grow on trees, employers pursue YOU, trains run like clockwork and trams are... Err, people still use trams in Australia?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:35 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Err, people still use trams in Australia?
Yes we have something called public transport in Australia. We also have health care for everyone.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Yes we have something called public transport in Australia. We also have health care for everyone.
What a crazy wierd idea... Health care... for everyone? Nah, not a chance mate. You can't fool me. You're just trying to undo the "Don't come to Australia" talk in this thread by making it sound all fluffy down there. I know your game!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
You mean Australia takes care of its citizens and it hasn't turned into a communist state? Someone needs to tell Fox news in the USA that a country can function, be prosperous and still take care of its people. What a very novel idea
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:01 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
You mean Australia takes care of its citizens and it hasn't turned into a communist state? Someone needs to tell Fox news in the USA that a country can function, be prosperous and still take care of its people. What a very novel idea
It is a joke really. The US spends more than double per annum on health care than the UK and Australia (both of which have 'free' health care for all).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.