Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please

Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please

Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please

Originally Posted by martin4414
And why cant yabe there soon 20 days now.

Mart
Hi Martin ...I lived there for 31 years . I have travelled all over Oz, except for Darwin and Tassie...but Adelaide has always been 'home' to me. I met my OH...and his children and grandchildren all live here in Perth...so it was easier (?) for me to up sticks and move to Perth.
I've never really settled in Perth...maybe if I had 'grown up' living here I might feel differently. I've given it a few years and I still don't feel 'settled'
So very much looking forward to going to Adelaide in January for a weeks holiday...and to catch up with my brother and friends
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:07 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i live in adelaide....it's great....
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Weasy
We had a great day yesterday too - Christmas Pageant in the morning and then a fab barbie with a great bunch of friends last night in the beautiful sunshine. Hangovers are just the same the world over though

Lou
xx
Thanx Lou - glad you and Chaz and the girls enjoyed yourself.Pity we couldn't have opened another bottle!
BTW there is no problem in getting a job on a 495 visa - employers only want your tax file number. You can't get a job in the police force, customs and excise etc!!!!!
Loads of work for people who want it (maybe that's the reason I'm a lady of leisure at the mo)
I much prefer Adelaide to Brisbane - but everyone is different.
Don't let other people put you off coming here. It's great
Nick
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:58 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

some pictures ,we have just returned from a trip to yorke peninsular [fishing] there is more to South Australia than Adelaide..........mm
Attached Thumbnails Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please-100_1092.jpg   Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please-100_1095.jpg   Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please-100_1101.jpg  
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
some pictures ,we have just returned from a trip to yorke peninsular [fishing] there is more to South Australia than Adelaide..........mm
Lovely pictures MM! Makes me want to be there right NOW!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

ClairePM;

Adelaide is fine love you shall be Ok there, my friend Wendy lives there with her hubby & she will you honest help on here. ive been to Adelaide & i must say i like it i live in Melbourne myself near the dandenong ranges but all the states in australia are very nice. when i was a kid i grew up on the worst council estate in Blackburn Lancashire so anything is better than that place so keep your chin up & you shall be fine.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:42 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

HOWDY

Arthur

How are you mate be ther in 13 days mate(adelaide) that is hows the heat mate ??

Martin
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

HOWDY

Arthur

How are you mate be ther in 13 days mate(adelaide) that is hows the heat mate ??

Martin

It's bloody boiling hot here.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Loving Adelaide Its just not in your face
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:47 am
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's bloody boiling hot here.

So is everyone wearing next to nothing to try and keep cool

cos thats what i'll be doing

See you soon Wendy each day i just gets closer

Mart
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:49 am
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by linloo
Loving Adelaide Its just not in your face

So its not like keeping up with the jones's

I had that for years so much so i thaught i live opposite a miorror

Mart
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

So is everyone wearing next to nothing to try and keep cool

cos thats what i'll be doing

See you soon Wendy each day i just gets closer

Mart
It's so hot I can't move from my PC (that's my excuse anyway )

I'll e-mail you my number, call when you need me
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:52 am
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by mr mover

That looks great P

i wasnt going to take my fishing stuff but for what people are offering me i will take them with me.

fancy a sesh when my stuff turns up ??

Mart
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That looks great P

i wasnt going to take my fishing stuff but for what people are offering me i will take them with me.

fancy a sesh when my stuff turns up ??

Mart
You're so gonna get on with my OH. You can go fishing and talk electric
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:05 am
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by Wendy
You're so gonna get on with my OH. You can go fishing and talk electric

DEFO wendy we could organise a fishing day out not sure if my match fishing stuff will comin handy but it all cost me a fortune and no one will pay a good price so i'm gona take it with me just cleaning it all today.

Just e-mailed ya

speak soon

Mart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.