Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please

Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please

Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

markf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anybody have anything nice to say about Adelaide please

Can someone please tell me if there is much work for electricians in Adelaide? Is there any areas in Adelaide that you would advise us not to look at?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Adelaide is beautiful on a crisp winter morning, having a walk by the river and a coffee on rundle street.
julie
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Astronaut
Read "Return to Oz" by John Brown. He grew up in Adelaide, then returned there in recent years. It gives you a flavour of the city. You can get it from Amazon.

My friend lives in South Australia (near Adelaide), has done since birth, and spent 2 yrs in London recently before returning. In his opinion its a nice place, but it a backwater compared to the worlds more major cities. He'd now rather live in Melbourne or Sydney, but if you're just after a quieter life then Adelaide probably has what you need.

I wouldn't say it's a quieter life, as I've never been so busy. It is a lot less crowded, and more laid back that Sydney and Melbourne though - but then it would be.

It's like saying Cornwall is a backwater compared to London. It's comparing apples with pears and while some might like the fast pace of London, others would hate it.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:07 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I love Adelaide always did, always will and wish I could live there again . Going for a holiday in January

And why cant yabe there soon 20 days now.

Mart
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:14 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ClairePM
[F]Hello

Does anyone having anything nice to say about Adelaide please.[/font]

YES i will be there in 20 days

And Wendys gona put the banners out For me
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin4414
YES i will be there in 20 days

And Wendys gona put the banners out For me
I thought she was saving them for me??

Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:16 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

By the look of it Wendy will have the banners out a lot in the coming months...

Hey Wendy,
Would you like some left over bunting from the local carnival????

We're thinking of Adelaide, if the jobs are there for us. We live in a village at the moment with a medium sized town about 8 miles away. That's how we like it. Our son would just be a nightmare if we lived in the town, let alone a city... he's said as much himself!

I just need my house to sell (without me having to put it on the market!) and our visa to arrive and we're out of here!! Although a job offer would be nice to go to!

Ali x
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
By the look of it Wendy will have the banners out a lot in the coming months...

Hey Wendy,
Would you like some left over bunting from the local carnival????

We're thinking of Adelaide, if the jobs are there for us. We live in a village at the moment with a medium sized town about 8 miles away. That's how we like it. Our son would just be a nightmare if we lived in the town, let alone a city... he's said as much himself!

I just need my house to sell (without me having to put it on the market!) and our visa to arrive and we're out of here!! Although a job offer would be nice to go to!

Ali x
What do you do for a living? I'm going to get the paper tomorrow, so will see what there is for you. And yes, I think you'd better send me that bunting over
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:20 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by Wendy
What do you do for a living? I'm going to get the paper tomorrow, so will see what there is for you. And yes, I think you'd better send me that bunting over

Electrician of course
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Electrician of course

I thought you were a plumber?

Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:24 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Hi wendy

how far away does steve'o live ???
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:26 pm
NO1SPARKY!

[quote=Wendy;5530816]I thought you were a plumber?

Dont be daft i'm a real tradesman
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi wendy

how far away does steve'o live ???
Erm, quite a way. He's in Queensland

Dont be daft i'm a real tradesman
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:40 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

We love Adelaide to, as said some love it others hate it!!

Thing that gets me though is alot of people that slag Adelaide off have NEVER even been here!! So to take what people say on a website be it positive or negative should always be taken with a pinch of salt as said many times whats for one isnt for another!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:11 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
We love Adelaide to, as said some love it others hate it!!

Thing that gets me though is alot of people that slag Adelaide off have NEVER even been here!! So to take what people say on a website be it positive or negative should always be taken with a pinch of salt as said many times whats for one isnt for another!!
Wendy lives there.

That should be enough, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.