Reload this Page >

Do we try again!!

Do we try again!!

Old May 16th 2011, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Wigley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Do we try again!!

Hi
I will keep this short and brief as it could turn into a long one!
We were granted our visa for Australia about 6/7 years ago. We, my husband and 2 girls packed up and sold everything and moved to Oz and then returned without even emptying our container. We then brought a house in the UK promptly selling up again after 2 years and moving everything back to Oz only to return to the UK once more, where we are now....... but are wanting to go again
We have been advised by our migration consultant that we could apply for a resident return visa. Do we try again (3rd time lucky)? maybe our 22 year old won't come? or do we save our money (as it has already cost a fortune) and 'move on' are we too old now.
Old May 16th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Do we try again!!

Well, you obviously don't feel like the UK is where you want to be. But ........ you didn't want to give Oz a chance? Why did you rush back to the UK, did something happen as soon as you got here?
Old May 16th 2011, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Well, you obviously don't feel like the UK is where you want to be. But ........ you didn't want to give Oz a chance? Why did you rush back to the UK, did something happen as soon as you got here?
Hi Sunshine
The 1st time my father-in-law passed away just before we were due to go and we needed to valid our visa's, so bad timing and the 2nd time I was very homesick and hubby was finding work hard to find - he's a carpenter, and I never gave it a chance (hindsight a wonderful thing).
Old May 16th 2011, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Well, how would you feel if somebody said that you are now too late and you have no chance of settling in Australia? Would you feel gutted or would you think;

"ah well, it didn't work out and that's the end to it"?
Old May 16th 2011, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Well, how would you feel if somebody said that you are now too late and you have no chance of settling in Australia? Would you feel gutted or would you think;

"ah well, it didn't work out and that's the end to it"?
That's the decision we have to make
Old May 16th 2011, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Just my personal opinion, but if you have tried it already and STILL think it MAY be for you, then it would be awful if you gave up the chance to give it your very best shot.

It is a big step, and it is scary, but I would rather try something and then regret it, than regret not giving it a proper try.

Remember that's just my personal opinion though - we were terrified, thought of giving up, and then realised that for our own peace of mind we had to give it a go.

We have never looked back to be honest - it's not paradise, we have less disposable income (but a lovely house and lifestyle), we miss family but at the end of the day we are happy, settled, delighted we came and could not imagine going back to live in the UK. This is home - we love it!

Good luck with whatever you decide
Old May 16th 2011, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to take a contrary view. You have already tried it twice and it didn't work out, why would it the third time. It is actually a pretty big decision to decide to turn around and come back again, so not an easy thing to do at all. You did it twice, so maybe it is just not for you.
Old May 16th 2011, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Bermudashorts - why on earth would you put yourself through it for a third time when it didnt work for you the first couple of times. Do you have money to burn? I realize there is probably some unfinished business here but life is what you make it not the place you make it in. Australia is not magic it is just another first world country with first world benefits and problems and it is on the other side of the world from your established social support network.
Old May 16th 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

You should look at all the things that would make you return From Australia to the UK. And if there are things you can't cope with then don't go.

You mention your Son. How would you feel / cope if he didn't go with you or return shortly afterwards. Would this make you want to return back to the UK just to be a family unit again.

You mention that you returned because of a death in the family and unable to find a job. What is going to change this time. People do die and unless you have a job lined up, this is going to be the same issue.

You have to understand that moving country is very exciting and there are lots of enjoyment / disappointment along the way. But once the dust settles unless you make something out of it, it will just be the same old routine no matter where you are.

Have a plan in life and stick by it no matter what. i.e move to Aus and get your citizenship. Then if you still don't like it move somwhere else. But that way you can always move back to AUS without worring about a RRV.

I evaluate my life every 18-24 months. Things I'm not happy about I change by setting goals evey 18-24 month cycle. Some I meet, some I don't. You may want to do something similiar and say to yourself. "No matter what, we are staying in Aus for 2 years. THEN and ONLY THEN should you decide what you want to do." That way for the next 2 years you don't keep thinking about returning / changing because things are getting hard/difficult.

While the decision can only be made by you. You should stick at it for a while and see what happens.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wigley
Hi
We were granted our visa for Australia about 6/7 years ago. We, my husband and 2 girls packed up and sold everything and moved to Oz and then returned without even emptying our container. We then brought a house in the UK promptly selling up again after 2 years and moving everything back to Oz only to return to the UK once more, where we are now....... but are wanting to go again
We have been advised by our migration consultant that we could apply for a resident return visa. Do we try again (3rd time lucky)? maybe our 22 year old won't come? or do we save our money (as it has already cost a fortune) and 'move on' are we too old now.
Personally, I would say that you've tried it twice and Australia is not for you.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Regardless of what the agent is telling you, given what you are saying here, you might find that you are rejected when you apply for RRV. If that turns out to be the case it probably solves your probelm for you.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:55 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
You should look at all the things that would make you return From Australia to the UK. And if there are things you can't cope with then don't go.

You mention your Son. How would you feel / cope if he didn't go with you or return shortly afterwards. Would this make you want to return back to the UK just to be a family unit again.

You mention that you returned because of a death in the family and unable to find a job. What is going to change this time. People do die and unless you have a job lined up, this is going to be the same issue.

You have to understand that moving country is very exciting and there are lots of enjoyment / disappointment along the way. But once the dust settles unless you make something out of it, it will just be the same old routine no matter where you are.

Have a plan in life and stick by it no matter what. i.e move to Aus and get your citizenship. Then if you still don't like it move somwhere else. But that way you can always move back to AUS without worring about a RRV.

I evaluate my life every 18-24 months. Things I'm not happy about I change by setting goals evey 18-24 month cycle. Some I meet, some I don't. You may want to do something similiar and say to yourself. "No matter what, we are staying in Aus for 2 years. THEN and ONLY THEN should you decide what you want to do." That way for the next 2 years you don't keep thinking about returning / changing because things are getting hard/difficult.

While the decision can only be made by you. You should stick at it for a while and see what happens.
Some wise words especially regarding the OP's son, determining goals, working towards achieving them and the re-evaluation cycles.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Personally, I would say that you've tried it twice and Australia is not for you.
I agree. But I think what might be bothering the OP is they're are at a crossroads: If they don't obtain the RRV now it'll be lost to them forever. My advice to the OP is if you think there is any possibility that you would seriously decide to give it another go then try to renew the visa. Otherwise just forget about it and get on with your lives in the UK. In some ways letting it go could be good for you because it'll help you to draw a line beneath it and move on.
Old May 17th 2011, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Everything you didn't like about Australia is still here, it's still a long long way from the UK, loved ones will die and you will be miles away from them, the job situation for carpenters probably hasn't improved so I would think really carefully, maybe UK isn't for you but sounds like Australia isn't, there are lots of other countries in the EU that might suit.
Old May 17th 2011, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

What on are you looking for? Will the answer lie in a country, or is it inside of you? Sounds like you are chasing a mirage you saw on the horizon. Seriously, if it was me, and I am saying this in complete honesty and concern for for you, I would speak to a therapist and find out what lies behind your itch. Would be much cheaper that way, than packing all up again and moving to the other side of the world. If you are asking a bunch of random nutters online what they think you should do, you might as well consider the advice of a professional ( and I dont mean migration agent!). All the best.
Old May 17th 2011, 2:55 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Bermudashorts. You gave it two goes, and didn’t like it. Nothing will have changed. You will just lose more money and go back to the UK again.

Migration isn’t for everyone. It doesn’t mean those who do or those who don’t are right. Its just part of life.

Australia isn’t for everyone either. Maybe migrating somewhere closer would be better. Spain perhaps?

Sometimes dreams are just dreams, and are best kept that way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.