Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do we try again!!

Do we try again!!

Old May 19th 2011, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do we try again!!

Originally Posted by Wigley
We have already had a migration assessment on us for our RRV just need to make the next step.
oh thats good then,how do you feel about it and yr family do they want go,it is a huge decision like ours 3rd time but i know that if we dont do it again we wont ever get the chance and i want it to work this time,how do you feel about it all,what would you do different this time around ihave sat and thought about it everyday all i know is that i never gave it long enough,and we havent got that much time left on our visas plus we then have got the big thing of trying to sell our house again which makes me bloody worse and that we will then never be able to get back out there and i know a few yrs down the line i would be regretting it
Old May 20th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

For a five-year RRV you must either have been:

1. Lawfully present in Australia for a total of at least 2 years in the 5 years immediately before lodging the application for the visa;
2. Or have substantial and beneficial business, cultural, employment or personal ties to Australia; and
3. if you have been absent from Australia for more than five years, you must also have compelling reasons for your absence.

Are you sure you meet this criteria?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Wigley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
It's been a while since I posted but I thought I would update you on our plans. Since I last posted we spoke to our 2 girls (22 & 15 year old) and they were happy for us to go ahead and try for our RRV.
We chose to use a consultant and after many months and plenty of paperwork later we submitted our application in person on Wednesday this week. We were told it would be 5-10 working days before we heard. We got the phone call on Thursday saying they had approved our application.
So, you just don't know, every case is individual.
'Third time lucky for us'
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
It's been a while since I posted but I thought I would update you on our plans. Since I last posted we spoke to our 2 girls (22 & 15 year old) and they were happy for us to go ahead and try for our RRV.
We chose to use a consultant and after many months and plenty of paperwork later we submitted our application in person on Wednesday this week. We were told it would be 5-10 working days before we heard. We got the phone call on Thursday saying they had approved our application.
I'm surprised you got one, but pleased for you that you did. Good luck with that third attempt.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 10:35 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
How did you do it? Could i ask......

When, what date was your PR visa granted.

In the following five years how long did you actually spend in Australia.

How long has it been since your PR visa expired.

What case did you put forward? How did you do it?

Ta....
Old Nov 25th 2011, 11:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
How did you do it? Could i ask......

When, what date was your PR visa granted.

In the following five years how long did you actually spend in Australia.

How long has it been since your PR visa expired.

What case did you put forward? How did you do it?

Ta....
You've not read the OP then?

Congrats Wigley. I'm very surprised you've got it but major congrats for succeeding.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:42 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I'm with Bermudashorts - why on earth would you put yourself through it for a third time when it didnt work for you the first couple of times. Do you have money to burn? I realize there is probably some unfinished business here but life is what you make it not the place you make it in. Australia is not magic it is just another first world country with first world benefits and problems and it is on the other side of the world from your established social support network.
concur
Old Nov 26th 2011, 8:24 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Congratulations!

Good luck
Old Nov 26th 2011, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I have no idea why your migration consultant says you can apply for an RRV. Well, you can but you won't get one so the only one who'd get anything out of it would be the 'consultant' who gets paid (presumably). To get an RRV you really need to apply close to the end of the visa date, you're a couple of years later. You also need to prove 'substantial ties' which generally means jobs, property, bank account, family etc etc etc. You have none of those here - from wUhat you've told us anyway.

In all honesty, you stand buckleys chance of being granted a RRV.

Have you considered a move to somewhere else in the UK, you seem to have a travel itch, maybe scratch it by going somewhere slightly closer to 'home'?
H

I must be very lucky then. Was in oz 6mnths then back to uk April 2006. Pr expired aug 2010. In feb 2011 I applied for rrv and it was granted a month later. Migration co basically sent copy of a successful letter of application so it was worded how they preferred. It was incredibly easy. Maybe I caught them on a good day but I now have another 5 yrs on visa.
Ps am typing from a phone so sorry if grammar etc bad x
C