Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do we get married?

do we get married?

Old Mar 13th 2004, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future
Default do we get married?

Last edited by bonza69; Mar 14th 2004 at 8:05 am.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:10 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: do we get married?

[i]please help What do i do <A)wait 4 a few more years,and have everyone there or B)do it as me and my partener and 2 children and be a complete family b 4 i goNatasha :scared:
Individual choice bonza69. Depends on who you value most in terms of the people who will be present & what you want for yourself, other half & kids. Maybe put scores out of 10 against the options and chose on scoring basis. There's no right or wrong!

Enjoy the day whichever you chose. Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:11 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

How close are you to your friends and family in Perth? I had a similiar dilemma years ago and decided to wait. Seeing the looks on the mothers faces was a priceless moment. It was an unforgettable day.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
How close are you to your friends and family in Perth? I had a similiar dilemma years ago and decided to wait. Seeing the looks on the mothers faces was a priceless moment. It was an unforgettable day.
Thank u 4 ur replys,but i must stress,that my family as much as i love them do have there own lives,1 brother is in the army and going to IraQ at the end of March,my dad has re-married and has 2 children since i left home ,my mum left me when i was 10,(we get on ok,but not mum n daughter by ant means)my friends as much as what i love them do have there own lives,and i know that a couple of them with out a doubt would be present .we,ll c how it goes.

Last edited by bonza69; Mar 14th 2004 at 8:07 am.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point

Do it in gretna and start your new life together in Perth as man and wife. Have fun and good luck
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:32 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Natasha,

As you say, whatever you do there will be someone who'll wish you'd done it differently.

Be "selfish" and go for what you want. You mentioned you wanted to start your new life in Perth as a completed family. If that means getting married before you go then so be it.

It's your and your partner's day not anyone else's.

Good luck and have a great life in Perth!

Elaine M
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:34 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by bonza69
All i want to do is be his wife,and start a new life as a completed family ,am im selfish,or do i wait a few years and get married with everyone here,?
If what you want is the above then do it........it's not selfish.......it's your day and no one elses.......do what you want to do on your big day

Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
If what you want is the above then do it........it's not selfish.......it's your day and no one elses.......do what you want to do on your big day
,my family are my number one ive always wanted a big wedding in mexico,but i see it as a omen, Its a good idea to do it here and then maybe a ceremony over there

Last edited by bonza69; Mar 14th 2004 at 8:09 am.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:49 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bonza69
Do u know what ,i think we will do it,,my family are my number one ive always wanted a big wedding in mexico,but i see it as a omen, in 3 weeks im gonna marry,my family are my 2 children and husband to be and at the end of the day they are my life rite?rite ?Illl keep u posted ,thank u sooooooo much,sometimes u need an open opinion to relise whats what ,cheers u guys,
natasha
Good for you; go for it, if it's what you want!

Have a fantastic day,

Elaine M
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:51 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Good for you Nats.........go for it girl. It's your life and at the end of the day it's gotta be your day.Enjoy it with your new hubby & kids...............then go start a new and exciting life in Oz!

Good luck 2 U & Your family xx

Old Mar 14th 2004, 1:07 am
ABCDiamond

Here is one option:

Get married now. Then, if you want another bigger wedding celebration later, you can always do just that.

These days it is not uncommon to have two celebrations, often in different countries, to satisfy everyone involved.

Good luck.

Old Mar 14th 2004, 2:11 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Here is one option:

Get married now. Then, if you want another bigger wedding celebration later, you can always do just that.

These days it is not uncommon to have two celebrations, often in different countries, to satisfy everyone involved.

Good luck.
Almost exactly what I was going to say - get married in Gretna and then have a blessing ceremony and a do in Oz when you get there with all your friends and family about.

Have a great wedding!!!