Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exporting UK cars to Oz?

Exporting UK cars to Oz?

Old Mar 13th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road
Default Exporting UK cars to Oz?

This may be a bit of an odd question, but is it worth moving any reasonable new (under 3yr old) cars to Oz?

-Avron.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 2:59 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about
Default moving car to oz

Hi Avron

My cousin asked me the same question last week. He planned on shipping his car over here and asked me if i would find out weather or not it would be cost affective or not.

After speaking to a friend of mine who is a parts manager for ford over here, he told us that although the cars look the same over here thats where the simularaty ends.

He said that all parts would have to be shipped in from Europe, the timming would have to be altered and the emmisions altered and a the car would have to meet Austrailian saftey requirements.
The dash would have to be converted to Klms and re-registered.

No dealer would take it in part ex and you would have problems selling it private.

My cousin paid £24,000 in uk for his car and the same model over here costs around £16,000.

It was going to cost him £3,000 to ship his car over and it would take around three months to get here. After weighting up the cost and problems involved he is going to sell his car in the UK and buy a new one when he gets here.

Hope this helps
Debbie jo
Old Mar 14th 2004, 3:44 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exporting UK cars to Oz?

Originally posted by AvronW
This may be a bit of an odd question, but is it worth moving any reasonable new (under 3yr old) cars to Oz?

-Avron.
Just do a search of the archives of this, forum and all will be revealed............... MM