Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do i live in Australia!?!?

Do i live in Australia!?!?

Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Lou2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do i live in Australia!?!?

[F][F][F][F]Hello everyone, thank you so much for taking time out to read this and if yo answer my dilemma-thanks so much!!
I'm in a bit of a state at the moment really need advice and opinions please!

Here goes, I'm a 23yr old female, I have my own little business, when i say that i mean i work for myself as a freelance hairdresser, i've been doing this for 2 years now and it's great but i get sooo bored, i don't have that security of a guaranteed wage every month, and it's not an amazing wage when i do get it, but i love it and i'm sooo proud of what i've achieved.

I went to Australia on a holiday in 2007 and fell in love with the place, it's all i could talk about, it took me 2 years to get back there, i went with a friend back in january this year, half holiday half travelling for a month, had a blast but now i'm even more in love with Australia than before!

So I'm deciding do i give up my little business here my friends and family and boyfriend to live my dream or do i stick it out here and just....get on with it?

Also if i do decide to go which part would i got to???I want to go somewhere that i can party, have the beach life, lots of sun, be a hairdresser but above all rent somewhere that i can wake up every morning to a beautiful beach view.

Please help me out what do i do!?

Thanks for your time,
Lou xx [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

thedreamers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do i live in Australia!?!?

If this is your dream you should go for it. Family will visit, is it a possibility for your boyfriend to go with you. I am sat here dreaming as I made the difficult decision not to go because of familty ties and children and I so regret it. Kids now want to go when finished their education. I am absolutely gutted, but maybe one day I will get there. Good luck with whatever you decide. Life will probably get worse before it gets better no matter where you are.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:45 pm
ABCDiamond

British Hairdressers are very much in demand in the Expat communities here, so I am sure you will find the same work available.

You are young, not as much responsibility to hold you back at the moment. THis will change as you get older.

Coming here does NOT have to be for ever, if you change your mind later.
If you have the chance, just do it.
Otherwise, years later, like so many others who never did it, you may be sitting back thinking.... what if........

The Gold Coast area may be for you.... not my cup of tea, but my nephews, when they were about 23, were down there every weekend.

Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:25 pm
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Ya good points there above.

Is your boyfriend interested in going?

You can always visit your family, friends can be made anywhere, your hairdressing business can happen in Oz, if you decide to go back home, you will be able to get your business going again, the hard part was already done when you set it up(so you know all the primary work it takes).

I recently left a good job of nearly 15 years so I can go back to Oz, I simpy didn't want to look back and regret it when I'm older.

If this is your dream in life......

......DON'T BE LEFT WONDERIN

Last edited by Beachband; Sep 10th 2009 at 10:28 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou2009
[F][F][F][F]Hello everyone, thank you so much for taking time out to read this and if yo answer my dilemma-thanks so much!!

Here goes, I'm a 23yr old female, I have my own little business, when i say that i mean i work for myself as a freelance hairdresser, i've been doing this for 2 years now and it's great but i get sooo bored, i don't have that security of a guaranteed wage every month, and it's not an amazing wage when i do get it, but i love it and i'm sooo proud of what i've achieved.

I went to Australia on a holiday in 2007 and fell in love with the place, it's all i could talk about, it took me 2 years to get back there, i went with a friend back in january this year, half holiday half travelling for a month, had a blast but now i'm even more in love with Australia than before!

So I'm deciding do i give up my little business here my friends and family and boyfriend to live my dream or do i stick it out here and just....get on with it?

Also if i do decide to go which part would i got to???I want to go somewhere that i can party, have the beach life, lots of sun, be a hairdresser but above all rent somewhere that i can wake up every morning to a beautiful beach view.

Thanks for your time,
Have you actually looked into if you qualify for a visa? Would start there first
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lou2009

Thanks for your time,
If you are not sure where you live, have a look at your address. It may say Australia or UK on it. If you are still not sure, have a look outside your window. And car registrations for example. If they have a state plate on them, you live in Australia. If not, you live in another country.

Or if you have a TV, turn it on. If you live in Australia, you'll probably have some bad programming running 10 minutes late, and they'll have an Australian accent. But you need to watch a few channels to ensure you have not just watched a pom in Australia speaking for fear of getting it wrong.

I suppose do all these and you'll be able to find out where you are currently living...
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Before deciding whether to live in Australia, start by reading the DIAC website to see whether you actually qualify for a visa. www.immi.gov.au Also, your boyfriend may want to come, but does he qualify for a visa too? Unless you have lived together for 12 months or more and can prove it he will need his own visa.

Try the visa wizard at the DIAC site first and then speak to a MARA registered migration agent about your options. Many will give a free first consultation.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:51 am
ABCDiamond

Can someone please edit that font !

Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Can someone please edit that font !
At least it's not in hot pink or pale blue
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do i live in America?

Yes.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Am I living or dead?

No yes / no questions.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: OK . . .am I living?

Yes.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Oh goody . . . am I an actor or actress?

No yes/no questions! . . . but yes
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Am I female?

Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.