Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old May 3rd 2005, 6:45 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Binbird I hope your daughter is feeling better now. Does she have a plaster cast or have they left them to set?
She is in plaster up to her knee but I think they call it a back slab as it is hard at the sides and back but soft on top (to allow for further swelling initially! - ouch!) However, they did say that as she is so young the bones would heal quickly and it may get taken off (the plaster, not the foot!) after a week or it would be three weeks maximum. We have an appointment on Friday morning and it would be nice to get back to normal! It was like having a baby around again - a bit of bum shuffling to begin with, then she moved on to crawling and today she is actually putting her weight on it a bit and having a go at a limp whilst holding on to furniture.

She was on calpol to ease the pain until Sunday lunch time but hasn't complained since so I think we all got off quite lightly really. It's funny, but I was only saying to a friend a few weeks ago that I'd had an easy time of parenting as far as childhood illnesses etc was concerned as nothing had ever required hospital treatment but now I am eating my words!

Binbird
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:00 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
It's funny, but I was only saying to a friend a few weeks ago that I'd had an easy time of parenting as far as childhood illnesses etc was concerned as nothing had ever required hospital treatment but now I am eating my words!

Binbird
A visit to a & e is usually preceded by me saying "oh I haven't been to the hospital lately", I regret it about a week later!
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:09 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Binbird I hope your daughter leg/ foot get better soon - that was a horrible thing to happen - did it happen in a playpark? I'd be sueing them for her injury (well everyone does it these days don't they!?)

Nicky well done on MORE weight loss!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so well and an inspiration!

Our closing date for the house has been set for Thursday as we have 2 notes of interest and both parties have had the house surveyed so looks like we will get 2 offers any day now, lets hope they are good ones as the money will make all the difference as to our start in Brisbane!

The passports are winging their way to London as we speak to get our Oz visa's put in them - when we get them back we can get our flights booked.

So its all action stations, planning to get back to the gym when a bit of normality kicks in but for now have been eating anything and everything Have been weighing myself and weight is pretty static surprisingly but still overweight and fat - once we have moved house - we will be living in an area where their is a lovely canal to walk the dog by and to go cycling. the area I live just now we have nothing like that - broken glass and vandalism are more the norm, so looking forward to moving to my mums. Will definately have the motivation of wearing summer clothes in Oct/ Nov this year - and when I put my mind to something I can do it - its just not so easy just now as we have been so busy with the planning of everything and eating out a lot.

We also have Crown shippers coming in the am - dreading the cost of the quote!!!!!!

Anyway take care everyone,

Lynn xxx
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Binbird - sorry to hear about your daughter ! Know what you're going thro as my youngest broke her arm the week before Easter. Had many trips to the hospital in three weeks until they took the plaster off. Great fun bathing her with a carrier bag on her arm and dodging the rain when we forgot a coat for her - but she was chuffed, had a lovely bright pink plaster to match every item of clothing in her wardrobe.
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:20 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Ah Binbird - sorry to hear about your daughter ! Know what you're going thro as my youngest broke her arm the week before Easter. Had many trips to the hospital in three weeks until they took the plaster off. Great fun bathing her with a carrier bag on her arm and dodging the rain when we forgot a coat for her - but she was chuffed, had a lovely bright pink plaster to match every item of clothing in her wardrobe.
I had been psyching my daughter up for a pink plaster but unfortunately only got a white one - on well, there's always next time! (NOT!!!) (But she did get a new pink skirt and some pink cropped trousers as none of the other clothes I had taken to Cornwall would fit over her plaster and I didn't want to go cutting them up!)

And seeing her bathed on one leg makes her look like a flamingo!

Binbird
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
I had been psyching my daughter up for a pink plaster but unfortunately only got a white one - on well, there's always next time! (NOT!!!) (But she did get a new pink skirt and some pink cropped trousers as none of the other clothes I had taken to Cornwall would fit over her plaster and I didn't want to go cutting them up!)

And seeing her bathed on one leg makes her look like a flamingo!

Binbird
Nakita couldn't wear any of her long sleeved tops but I managed to get away without buying anything new because of the fashionable poncho - result !!

You do feel for them tho don't you. I was in tears when she had the plaster done (altho that may have been more to do with the fact that I sent her to school with a broken arm as I didn't realise !!). Not too pleased that she kept knocking me with the plaster which was like one giant emery board and, every single meal time, would knock over a drink without fail. I also had to cut her food up for her too - was like having a baby around again - but a giant one !

Do hope it's not long before they take it off, altho tis great having to queue in the hospital, then queue for x-rays, then back to the hospital to queue again for a five second chat from the dr to say come back next week !
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Hi everyone

sorry to hear that your weekend away did not live up to much sarah, when your life is on hold, it does make you feel weird about the whole of your life.

Glad your weekend away seem to have been sucess shirley, funny thing about museums, my hubby is on a photo in the falkland section of the hendon raf museum, makes him feel really old, (you have to know him well to find him bless as he is working on a harrier - not very easy to spot) Good luck with slimming world tommorrow.

Hope that everyone else had a good weekend, and the you got lots of work done lace

had a good weigh in this morning, so the chart looks like this

week 1 9 lbs off
week 2 3 lbs on
week 3 4 lbs off

total 10 lbs off in 3 weeks, there is going to be a celebration when this stone eventually manages to go. Hope that you are all doing ok

Nicky
Well done Nicky, keep up the good work
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
my son had to go to A & E the other week because he fell and said his arm hurt. He hadn't done anything to it in fact the nurse told him that washing up would make very good use of it. lol lol

I hate that nurse! He said.

I found that quite funny

oh well

lace
hope she gets better soon. Hey winging your way to the passport office hey. You'll be an Australia citizan before I get there lol
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Good morning girls

Binbird, hope your daughter is okay. I remember when my daughter broke her arm, she tripped over a small box, this was in her sisters bedroom on floorboards! Anyway I let her sleep in with me that night. I was a bit concerned the next morning because she was still complaining about it so decided to get the others off to nursery and school and take Molly down to the hospital. There was hardly any swelling. When they told me she had fractured her elbow I felt terrible! What can you say, we thought she had been over-reacting. Guilt trip. We did some major pampering after that, and she got the pink plaster.

I am weighing in now:-

Wed 30/03 - 11 st 4.5
Wed 06/04 - 11 st 0.25
Wed 13/04 - 11 st 1
Wed 20/04 - 10 st 13.25
Wed 27/04 - 10 st 12
Wed 04/05 - 10 st 11.5

Total loss this week = 1/2 pound (not good)
Total loss over 5 weeks = 1/2 stone

Need to apply myself a bit better, I have not been following any mealplans, simply eating sensibly (most of the time).

I have trouble with my ankles at the moment which is spreading into my knees, apparently it looks like my trainers are not coping with the high impact aerobic workouts, so need to replace them by Friday, providing I can walk properly again by then. It's very painful.

We have our business up for sale at the moment, no joy there and had to reduce the price by £10,000 on Friday. This is our major concern because we just don't know if anybody will be interested in buying. Plus to make it harder it is a discreet sale so cannot be publicised too much.

Have a good day everyone,
Theresa
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gals,
Flippin' 'eck, I can't believe it.... NO GAIN. My scales are right as they are new, lol. Maybe it's the mayo diet, I've sort of been doing it, well when we are not eating out that is. I like it and it's much better than atkins as it allows you a piece of fruit at each meal as well as salad or veg. It's very easy to get your 5 a day.

Fab news on the house Lynn, hopefully you will get top whack.

Hooperhome, sorry to hear about your daughter. I bet she is dealing with it much better than any of us would do. Love and hugs to her.
Don't forget 1/2 a lb is 1/2 a lb. Get those trainers changed or else I'll be round to sort you out.

Hope you are all well, better go and get my brekky as I'm off out with my mum today.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old May 4th 2005, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok!
my son saved me from chips. No mum no! Don't get chips, think of the beach so I had weight watcher chips instead. lol

I think that was a result!

hugs Lace,
Feel move positive today girls!
Old May 4th 2005, 2:42 am
Birds of a feather . . .

I think I'm still in holiday mode - can't quite get the eating back on track yet! Haven't made it to Tesco's yet though so when I've got some of the fresh healthy stuff in perhaps I'll stand a better chance. . . . .

We have got another viewing lined up for Saturday. Just wanted to reassure everyone else out there in the same boat that things do seem to be picking up!

Keep positive on all fronts you lot!

Binbird
Old May 4th 2005, 5:53 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,
Sorry girls, I've let the side down again... Mum and I went out for the day again, I'm spending as much time with her as possible before going to Oz. It started well, with a decaf earl grey tea. We decided that we would go to Cardiff Bay (she lives in Barry) and get the river taxi up to the Millennium Stadium, have a walk around town and then get a healthy lunch. When we got to Cardiff Bay, the river taxi wasn't running so we caught the bus to town, the bus dropped us off by the Brewery Quarter so we decided to have a look around. Biiiiigggg mistake. We ended up in the Indian and had their buffet lunch, sorry girls. I did drink water though. After going to the Animal shop where I bought a lovely top to go with my new trousers we caught the bus back to Cardiff Bay. We did get off a stop early so we could walk off the lunch. Had another fab day with my mum, Andrew was starving when I got home but I made him wait until I'd done my exercises and had a bath. Hopefully I will have undone some of the bad I did, lol.
Hope you have all had a good day.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old May 5th 2005, 2:13 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

It's a bit quiet on here today, where has everyone gone?

I didn't get to join Slimming World yesterday, but I intend to go next week. I have made another start on my healthy eating, I have got to get my self together and stop wasting time. 90% of you on here are doing brilliantly and I feel I am letting the side down.

Anyway, I am going back to my original plan of writing everything down that passes my lips, and of doing lots of 10 minute jobs when I feel like snacking.

Hope you all have a good day

Shirley
Old May 5th 2005, 3:51 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Been at a friends today with my little hop-a-long daughter. I think you could say she is definitely on the mend - she was bouncing on their trampoline!

Couldn't resist a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and the holiday damage doesn't appear too bad so that has given me the incentive to eat healthily again. Had alpen and and a glass of o-j for breakfast, a tortilla wrap filled with tuna and sweetcorn for lunch (followed by my friends coffee - she makes the best!) Had an apple and three glasses of water when I got back from the school run and I am just about to cook mixed fresh vegetables with a sundried tomato and basil sauce for my tea. Then it's the gym for me when hubby gets home. . .

Felt lousy yesterday evening after a day of eating badly - came over all headachey and tired at about 5.30pm so didn't make it to the gym. Need to stay motivated so that I am as fit as possible for my 10km event - only 5 weeks away now. :scared:

Catch you all later

Binbird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.