Desperado!! Lol

Old Mar 26th 2014, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperado!! Lol

Originally Posted by Grayling
We spent a lot more time engaged in those activities when we lived in England.......we also spent a lot more time out of doors.

The weather here restricts us greatly.......give me the "good old British weather" any day
Much easier to do them back home, its one reason why my sister's mob never looked into moving. They realised that the outdoor life in the cold and rain was much easier than the outdoor life in the heat.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teri2oz
My motto you can't regret what you've done
Yes you can.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What I mean by lifestyle is the fact that we all love to be outdoors. We love to cycle, walk etc but these basic activities are seriously ruined most of the time by the good old British weather. A warmer climate could potentially enhance our lifestyle by giving us more outdoor time.

I completely get the posts about getting advice re medicals for visa. That's good advice. There's a lot of negativity from people who have done it and regretted it!!! My motto you can't regret what you've done, only what you haven't and whilst I appreciate those people sharing their experience I tend to live my life in a more positive way. My post was a bit light hearted.
Oh dear.

I know people in UK that have a far more outdoorsy lifestyle than I do in Australia. This is simply because they, as individuals, are more outdoorsy than I am. I think one's own natural inclinations play a much greater part in how much time is spent outdoors than the climate.

If a bit of UK drizzle keeps you indoors, then I can assure you that the torrential rain we get in Australia is going to keep you indoors. Most cities in Australia have higher rainfall than most cities in UK and in some cities there are a greater number of days with rainfall than there are in UK too. You can dress up for the cold, tell me what I can do to protect from heat and humidity other than stay indoors?

And you can regret things you have done quite easily. Plus isn't everything doing something, we have all faced the decision whether it go for it and had we gone the other way and decided to stay and live a life in the UK, that is also doing something.

And I really don't think there is any need to put yourself on a pedestal about how positive you are and insult the rest of us by suggesting that we are all a bunch of negative misery guts just because we know the "better lifestyle" comments are glib and meaningless and that we do not all become more outdoorsy the moment we land in Australia.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 7:55 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that coming.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Wilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud of

oh ....... that was like getting to the end of a book and the last pages being ripped out!!!
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

That's sad! However, if ones resolve is so flakey that it can't cop a bit of alternate thinking it argues a lack of determination to make it to the other side of the world and settle down.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

What I mean by lifestyle is the fact that we all love to be outdoors. We love to cycle, walk etc but these basic activities are seriously ruined most of the time by the good old British weather. A warmer climate could potentially enhance our lifestyle by giving us more outdoor time.

I completely get the posts about getting advice re medicals for visa. That's good advice. There's a lot of negativity from people who have done it and regretted it!!! My motto you can't regret what you've done, only what you haven't and whilst I appreciate those people sharing their experience I tend to live my life in a more positive way. My post was a bit light hearted.
Nobody on this site spends more time on their bike or running than I do. I've bailed many more rides and runs in Oz due to heat and humidity than I ever have in the UK due to cold/wet/ice.

I know I'm at the extreme end of the spectrum but if doing activities outdoors was that important to you then you'd already be doing them to the extent you want. If they aren't that important then I think you're just using that as a prop to bolster your desire to move to Oz, probably not intentionally.

Lots of things about Oz can enhance your lifestyle and lots of things can equally detract from the one have now. There is no right or wrong but be realistic about what will happen. You don't step off the plane and suddenly become Bear Grylls (maybe some folks in their first few honeymoon years but everyone reverts to type). You'll be shocked to hear that computer games and consoles sell alarmingly well in Oz.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

What that concludes that.