Reload this Page >

Deadly Snake attacks

Deadly Snake attacks

Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Deadly Snake attacks

Originally Posted by annqldau
My hubby wants to know what snake sh#t looks like as he found this 6 inch long tubular sh#t outside the other day with grey hairy bits in. Now not sure if it is off a snake or an owl as had never thought of snakes actually going until he said it.
Whoa! Six inches is Waaaaay too long for snake shit.
When snakes go to the toilet, they first wee, then they pass white lumps of stuff (very small) which are nitrates, and then they do a poop. Unusual to get anything too big, but not 6 inches!
Hairs should be digested by the time they get to the other end... and usually if you look through snake poop, you find small undigested bones of rodents and lizards.
Snakes do regurgitate their food in some circumstances, but it's very rare. It's more likely to be an owl pellet or something else.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
When snakes go to the toilet, they first wee, then they pass white lumps of stuff (very small) which are nitrates, and then they do a poop. Unusual to get anything too big, but not 6 inches!
Hairs should be digested by the time they get to the other end... and usually if you look through snake poop, you find small undigested bones of rodents and lizards.
Snakes do regurgitate their food in some circumstances, but it's very rare. It's more likely to be an owl pellet or something else.
wasn't mine!

IPom -you seem to know a fair bit about this.. was their a bucket,and was it shinier?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
wasn't mine!

IPom -you seem to know a fair bit about this.. was their a bucket,and was it shinier?
I didn't have a bucket before - I had a trug. And it was made from old tyres.

Reptiles are fascinating, don't you think?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a bucket before - I had a trug. And it was made from old tyres.

Reptiles are fascinating, don't you think?
Sort of - better than amphibians.Horses are sort of interesting if a bit ****** up psychologically.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Sort of - better than amphibians.Horses are sort of interesting if a bit ****** up psychologically.
My 10 yr old's obsessed with them.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:55 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Sort of interesting??? ...they're great!!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:11 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby will be pleased, so the owl is the likely suspect and I know they are def in the area...
the fur did lead me to think that they were a possible but UK owl pellets (correction by Ipom) were 2to 3 inches at most...
Attached Thumbnails Deadly Snake attacks-owls.jpg  

Last edited by annqldau; Jan 16th 2007 at 12:19 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by annqldau
My hubby will be pleased, so the owl is the likely suspect and I know they are def in the area...
the fur did lead me to think that they were a possible but UK owl turds were 2to 3 inches at most...
This isn't owl shit... it's the pellet they puke up after they've eaten and semi digested their dinner.

Nice owls!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:21 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

This isn't owl shit... it's the pellet they puke up after they've eaten and semi digested their dinner.

Nice owls!
They were, nice owls, need to get my owl book out and identify them as they posed so nicely for me... to have a vauge childhood memory of the vomitting owl bit but had forgotten about it, as it is the son watches Harry Potter not me... .
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:24 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Nice owls!
Guilty as charged.....
Attached Images  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen
My aussified mate told me to make lots of noise to avoid snakes... so I was merrily jangling my car keys and shouting ' **** OFF SNAKE ' in a Father Jack kinda way....

after much hours of this my mate afforded me the knowledge that snakes are in fact deaf........ whilst he rolled around the floor laughing.

So the key is to be heavy footed and make vibrations in the ground, having a fat ass mate roll around giggling works too.
PMSL
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:30 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Guilty as charged.....
ROTFL...