Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Deadly Snake attacks

Deadly Snake attacks

Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:25 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Deadly Snake attacks

One killed in Sydney another bitten in Victoria.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...0-2862,00.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...709616114.html
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Deadly Snake attacks

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy

OK now im scared!:scared: :scared:
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:44 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

5 people where killed on QLD roads this weekend and people worry about snakes .

Originally Posted by brissydeb
OK now im scared!:scared: :scared:
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:33 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
5 people where killed on QLD roads this weekend and people worry about snakes .
That's really sad. No mobile phone? Why didn't he lie down and the mate go for help? Basic understanding of how venom works probably would have saved his life. Very sad.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
That's really sad. No mobile phone? Why didn't he lie down and the mate go for help? Basic understanding of how venom works probably would have saved his life. Very sad.
It would be natural to want to flee from danger in the heat of the moment!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It would be natural to want to flee from danger in the heat of the moment!
It would, but not if they knew basic first aid - what to do. Lots of kids know to lie still up here - they teach it in the school my children go to. They're also taught simple pressure bandage technique using clothing.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:35 am
Account Closed

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/...709650377.html
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Saw a snake yesterday on Mullaloo Beach Perth eating a rat All the kids were stood there staring!! not sure if it was poisonous though, but still, fancy seeing that whilst your sunbathing
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:20 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Neighbour phoned this afternoon to say there was a biiig eastern Brown in our garden. Mrs Wol freaked out - and she's got used to snakes in Florida!

Won't say what happened to the snake - but it *was* a fat one....
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wol
Neighbour phoned this afternoon to say there was a biiig eastern Brown in our garden. Mrs Wol freaked out - and she's got used to snakes in Florida!

Won't say what happened to the snake - but it *was* a fat one....
Make sure no-one saw you spade it. They're protected.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bloody hell bloody hell bloody hell......

I assume I'm just looking out for a massive brown snake, possibly with a trail of dead people behind it?!
SO in the event of being bitten I should just lie down and pray, hopefully after ringing the emergency services on my mobile (which will never leave my person)?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:30 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure no-one saw you spade it. They're protected.
My lips is sealed. I didn't touch it.........
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I didn't touch it.........
...it was just the spade!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by esperanza
Oh bloody hell bloody hell bloody hell......

I assume I'm just looking out for a massive brown snake, possibly with a trail of dead people behind it?!
SO in the event of being bitten I should just lie down and pray, hopefully after ringing the emergency services on my mobile (which will never leave my person)?
Yes, lie down, breath slowly and calmly, call the emergency services or get the person you're with to run like hell for help. Oh, and bind the limb from the bite right to the top of the limb. Snake bites are usually to the foot, so wear boots and good trousers when in the bush. Oh and make lots of noise in the bush too if you're going walking. Snakes are timid and I hardly ever see them here in the bush and I walk through it every day.

I have to say, bites to the hand are surreal in that it hardly ever happens, unless of course, you put your hand somewhere you can't see, or perhaps you've got too close to the snake and fancy taking your chances with a Steve Irwin impression and want to pick it up by the tail.
I'd be interested to hear just how this kid got bitten.
I am naturally suspicious....
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, bites to the hand are surreal in that it hardly ever happens, unless of course, you put your hand somewhere you can't see, or perhaps you've got too close to the snake and fancy taking your chances with a Steve Irwin impression and want to pick it up by the tail.
I'd be interested to hear just how this kid got bitten.
I am naturally suspicious....
Indeed.

BTW, I've always wanted to do that thing where you suck out the poison.
Can you get a cert IV in that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.