Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A day in the life

A day in the life

Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:37 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default A day in the life

Thought I'd be a brave boy and post on a Friday night to give a few days before the predictable "tell it like it is-only in our life though" brigade hijack it.
Just to let you know how we spent our Friday.
Went for a walk on the beach,along a footpath past millyan dollar houses-except they're about 600k,so the equivalent of a basement flat in London,but an oceanside mansion here.
Watched the surfdudes,gasped at the roar and power of the waves,and got the start of me suntan (string mark on me butt to prove it )
Went to Mandurah foreshore,had fish and chips in a quayside restaurant (under 30 dollars for 2 inc. a beer and the fish was the size of that black and white geezer in Free Willy).
Picked up BB jnr from School (told all the mums I was on me own coz I'm a widower-that always gets the sympathy vote-Pierce Brosnan taught me that one),and took him and his mate to a park where we had a sausage sizzle on the parks free BBQ's.

Just a little insight to all you waiting to get here.It IS fantastic-if you want it to be.If you want to sit in a pub in your spare time,mocking those who enjoy life-stay in the UK.

BB-I'm not even p****d you know.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A day in the life

BB,

Your posts always bring a smile to my face..... Nice to see what I suspect is the `normal`side of life out there (if your life is ever normal) and not the doom and gloom brigades view.

Dont ever turn into a PB/Wilf or one of their clones !!!!!

Keep on posting

Cheers
Wolfen

Originally posted by baldbutts
Thought I'd be a brave boy and post on a Friday night to give a few days before the predictable "tell it like it is-only in our life though" brigade hijack it.
Went for a walk on the beach,along a footpath past millyan dollar houses-except they're about 600k,so the equivalent of a basement flat in London,but an oceanside mansion here.
Watched the surfdudes,gasped at the roar and power of the waves,and got the start of me suntan (string mark on me butt to prove it )
Went to Mandurah foreshore,had fish and chips in a quayside restaurant (under 30 dollars for 2 inc. a beer and the fish was the size of that black and white geezer in Free Willy).
Picked up BB jnr from School (told all the mums I was on me own coz I'm a widower-that always gets the sympathy vote-Pierce Brosnan taught me that one),and took him and his mate to a park where we had a sausage sizzle on the parks free BBQ's.

Just a little insight to all you waiting to get here.It IS fantastic-if you want it to be.If you want to sit in a pub in your spare time,mocking those who enjoy life-stay in the UK.

Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:13 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

BB, bring it on dude. Just got to get those so & so's at DIMia to get a move on. I think it's ground to a halt now PB is leaving.
They want to see how they cope first.
One misery guts about to learn the truth about WA poor relation UK, or YUK
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one BB
Mandurah is gorgeous, hopefully be visiting very soon en route to Melbourne. Keep up the great posts
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We came on holiday to WA a few years back, and spent an afternoon in Mandurah, down on the foreshore, eating fish and chips, watching the pelicans. Our minds were made up then! And here we are now. Come January 2005, we look forward to joining in with the others becoming citizens in the traditional breakfast ceremony held every Australia Day on Mandurah foreshore (which by the way is now to be known as Mandurah Waterfront apparently).
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi BB
So you are happy too, great, we had a nice day too, boys not at school today, rode our bikes along the coast path to Kennedy Resort, armed with sausages, onions, rolls, drink, used the bbq and cycled back, also took Winnie on the beach, he was happy eating a fishermans bait!!!!!!! still waiting for it to come back up!!
Dave only got a week left before he starts his training, must get together next week
c-ya Yve and Dave
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post BB.

Glad to see life is treating you so well. Have been to the beach today myself, cant` miss out on all this fab weather we are having at the mo.

footie chick
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:08 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

do me a favour Baldie when you have a spare minute go down the "OLD Bailey "hotel at Joondalup and look for some old tosser with a midlands accent probably drinkin "Bodingtons Bitter" and give him one {you choice}........................... MM
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice to read that you are happy BB. Long may it continue.

Whisky
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Now look here BB I wish the likes of you would stop posting this rubbish on here, we all know it is winter out there in Perth and there is no way you could partake in such activities at this horrible wet and freezing time of year.
PB has told us all we need to know about Perth you must be dreaming.

Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And its warmer in Brighton (UK) than in Brisbane at present....!!!

Maybe PB lives in a different part of Perth....or maybe PB is just a bitter and twisted git, but I'll let you make your own minds up about that!
Meanwhile.....if bb is dreaming....I like his dreams, think I'll join in!

Pollyana

PS How long now till PB hijacks this one.......
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
And its warmer in Brighton (UK) than in Brisbane at present....!!!

Maybe PB lives in a different part of Perth....or maybe PB is just a bitter and twisted git, but I'll let you make your own minds up about that!
Meanwhile.....if bb is dreaming....I like his dreams, think I'll join in!

Pollyana

PS How long now till PB hijacks this one.......

Not long, we have the pleasure of his company on a Saturday.

Whisky
Old Aug 9th 2003, 12:13 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

You paint a great picture but having been down to the arse end of Perth I would say cut down on the drink if you can afford to use a pub that is.
You nearly had a good bit of fiction going until there you mentioned what passes as fish and chips here they are rank.

Old Aug 9th 2003, 12:17 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stoney
Now look here BB I wish the likes of you would stop posting this rubbish on here, we all know it is winter out there in Perth and there is no way you could partake in such activities at this horrible wet and freezing time of year.
PB has told us all we need to know about Perth you must be dreaming.
Great morning touched 3c but who cares try the next few days , great beach weather ?

Fine. Light to moderate E'ly winds tending W/NW in the afternoon.

MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE: 20

UV INDEX: 4 [MODERATE]

A weak ridge of high pressure across southern WA should bring fine weather
today.
A strong front is expected to approach Perth during Sunday causing showers to
develop and NW winds to strengthen. Showers are likely to be heavy at times on
Sunday with strong and squally winds with the passage of the cold front.
Monday should be cold, showery and windy. A few showers are expected to continue
on Tuesday, but should ease during the afternoon.

MEDIUM RANGE FORECAST FOR PERTH FOR:
Sunday : Showers and wind increasing. Min: 9 Max: 18
Monday : Showery, windy. Min: 8 Max: 15
Tuesday : Few showers. Min: 6 Max: 15

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 9th 2003 at 12:21 am.
Old Aug 9th 2003, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! Not only is he reduced to posting on a Saturday, but he has now had to resort to posting the weather forecast!
Poor sad soul. Must have a very sorry life, I'd hate to be that miserable. But however bad it is being PB, think how much worse it must be having to live with him!
Maybe we should start a support group for his long-suffering family..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.