Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A day in the life

A day in the life

Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:34 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A day in the life

Originally posted by Nibbs
Absolute unqualified crap as usual.

Had the best F&C ever in Aus. Not just one place either. Perth, Freemantle even as far as Narrogin and Albany.

If you insist on trying to piss people off, keep within the bounds of things you might have more information on. Not likely as you appear to be the cut and paste king.

BB, good on you for enjoying yourself! Keep us grinning!

Cheers
You enjoy frozen chips and tastless fish then , get real.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

What did everyone else get up to at the weekend. Might be an
interesting comparison.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by baldbutts
Thought I'd be a brave boy and post on a Friday night to give a few days before the predictable "tell it like it is-only in our life though" brigade hijack it.
Just to let you know how we spent our Friday.
Went for a walk on the beach,along a footpath past millyan dollar houses-except they're about 600k,so the equivalent of a basement flat in London,but an oceanside mansion here.
Watched the surfdudes,gasped at the roar and power of the waves,and got the start of me suntan (string mark on me butt to prove it )
Went to Mandurah foreshore,had fish and chips in a quayside restaurant (under 30 dollars for 2 inc. a beer and the fish was the size of that black and white geezer in Free Willy).
Picked up BB jnr from School (told all the mums I was on me own coz I'm a widower-that always gets the sympathy vote-Pierce Brosnan taught me that one),and took him and his mate to a park where we had a sausage sizzle on the parks free BBQ's.

Just a little insight to all you waiting to get here.It IS fantastic-if you want it to be.If you want to sit in a pub in your spare time,mocking those who enjoy life-stay in the UK.

BB-I'm not even p****d you know.

To pass the time whilst unemployed, you went for a walk by the sea, had fish and chips, and took your kid for a sausage cooked at the side of the road, and you travelled to the other side of the world for it?
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
interesting comparison.

Saturday we did this:

1. Got up early and met friends at the park at Joondalup for a breakfast barbie using the free, clean, unvandalized barbecues there. Fed the parrots and cockatoos who come and sit in your hands.
2. Got shat on by a cockatoo.
3. Went for a stroll around King's Park admiring the fantastic views of the best city on Earth.
4. Took a tram ride around the park and the UWA (bussman's holiday for me).
5. Went to Fremantle and bought some lovely fresh fruit and the veg at the market (passed up the fish there - it looked as though it had been on the slab all week).
6. Went to AQWA at Hillary's where we are annual members, watched the fish.
7. Went for dinner at the Italian Cafe on the Marina and had a great meal (I had seafood risotto). Price for 4 adults and 3 kids - $95.00.
8. Got breathalized on the way home (second time in 5 months) was OK as was only drinking light beer.

P.S. if you want a decent wet fish shop in Perth you'll have to look pretty hard but I have discovered a very good one - Kailis Brothers in Leederville. They had live Marron, Crays, Yabbies, Barra plus all the fish was fresh. They also had octopus, squid, oysters, queen scallops, mussels, bugs and crabs.

P.P.S. Mondo Di Carni in Inglewood is the best butchers in Perth.

P.P.P.S - Best fish and chips I've had - anywhere, Ocean Reef.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:25 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
Saturday we did this:

1. Got up early and met friends at the park at Joondalup for a breakfast barbie using the free, clean, unvandalized barbecues there. Fed the parrots and cockatoos who come and sit in your hands.
3. Went for a stroll around King's Park admiring the fantastic views of the best city on Earth.
5. Went to Fremantle and bought some lovely fresh fruit and the veg at the market (passed up the fish there - it looked as though it had been on the slab all week).
7. Went for dinner at the Italian Cafe on the Marina and had a great meal (I had seafood risotto). Price for 4 adults and 3 kids - $95.00.
8. Got breathalized on the way home (second time in 5 months) was OK as was only drinking light beer.

P.S. if you want a decent wet fish shop in Perth you'll have to look pretty hard but I have discovered a very good one - Kailis Brothers in Leederville. They had live Marron, Crays, Yabbies, Barra plus all the fish was fresh. They also had octopus, squid, oysters, queen scallops, mussels, bugs and crabs.

Sunday or too wet to go out in the afternoon , yet another lover of frozen chips?
Sounds like you have done Perth in a day not much left now.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 11th 2003 at 2:30 am.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Originally posted by renth
Saturday we did this:

Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

We did No. 6 & 7 the other week 'cept we just had coffee n' big fat slab of cheesecake!!

Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DianeOZ
interesting comparison.

Spent saturday morning looking for real estate bargains. 4.4 acres with sounds of wildlife and birds turned out to be on the side of the highway with road noise like the M1, probably proves realestate speak same here as UK.

Afternoon walked dog on the doggie beach got told of new doggie park half acre designed specially for dogs at Kawana, new to me that one.

Husband who works 6 days a week suggested fish and chips for tea. Idiot chip shop has new owners who have doubled price and halved serve. Husband most embarrassed when I told owner where to shove his fish finger size portions, ended up with Indian take out and red wine in front of wood fire at home.

Sunday, Mowing, weeding large land requires large work unfortunately. Then went to movies and read sunday paper, friends arrived with more red wine and suggest curry take out, end up with Thai take out. (Vow to skip take out next weekend but social life here usually does revolve around eating).
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:04 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Got up

Remembered the house sale had fallen through.
Thought better work in garden - weeds have grown immensely while we were on cruise. Ground like rock thru beautiful weather recently.
Spent day between half hour in heat in garden clearing loft doing washing from holiday tidying up house ready (I hope ) for viewings this week back to square one half hour in heat etc.

Today going to dump, going to supermarket continuing in garden mowing lawn etc. etc.

How I wish we were in oz Can you just STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS BB and all you others

I agree the fish and chips we had on the sea front in Calloundra last year were brilliant (and I am not usually keen on fish)

Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Got up on Saturday and mulled over what to do.

Drove to the coast - Bognor took about 1 1/2 hours which wasn't too bad. Saw the sights of the British seaside and remembered why I didn't like Bognor. Too many Butlins holiday people ( no offence, but they are a bit loutish). Had quite a good day. Had dinner in a Brewsters pub on the promenade. Cost £30 for a starter, 2 adult meals and 2 ice creams. Kids played in the play factory for a £1 each.
Drove home and got back exhausted, dreaming about a nice empty beach in Oz...

Sunday Tidied up house- in vain as usual. Went shopping at ASda. Queues to get cars in at 10.30 in the morning. Long checkout queues as well. Spent £100 on nothing.Drove home and spent the rest of the day looking for my passport- which I still haven't found. Spent the rest of the day worrying about selling the house. Decided we are going to drop the price 10 grand. We don't want to be stuck here over the winter. Do you remember what it was like this year?....
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:31 am
Banned

Originally posted by tinaj
Got up on Saturday and mulled over what to do.

Drove to the coast - Bognor took about 1 1/2 hours which wasn't too bad. Saw the sights of the British seaside and remembered why I didn't like Bognor. Too many Butlins holiday people ( no offence, but they are a bit loutish). Had quite a good day. Had dinner in a Brewsters pub on the promenade. Cost £30 for a starter, 2 adult meals and 2 ice creams. Kids played in the play factory for a £1 each.
Drove home and got back exhausted, dreaming about a nice empty beach in Oz...

Sunday Tidied up house- in vain as usual. Went shopping at ASda. Queues to get cars in at 10.30 in the morning. Long checkout queues as well. Spent £100 on nothing.Drove home and spent the rest of the day looking for my passport- which I still haven't found. Spent the rest of the day worrying about selling the house. Decided we are going to drop the price 10 grand. We don't want to be stuck here over the winter. Do you remember what it was like this year?....
Theres no hope for you get a life a whinging Pom if ever I have seen one , all the South coast to choose from and you go Bognor then whinge about the Butlins , at lest you will not have to food shop on a Sunday in WA the supermarkets are shut.
Please immigrate the UK is better off with out you.

Good weekend in Perth suit you better?

The Perth Water Corporation says the weekend's rains have provided a boost to dam levels.

More than 40 millimetres of rain has fallen on the metropolitan area over the last 24 hours.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 11th 2003 at 7:49 am.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Spent saturday morning looking for real estate bargains. 4.4 acres with sounds of wildlife and birds turned out to be on the side of the highway with road noise like the M1, probably proves realestate speak same here as UK.

Afternoon walked dog on the doggie beach got told of new doggie park half acre designed specially for dogs at Kawana, new to me that one.

Husband who works 6 days a week suggested fish and chips for tea. Idiot chip shop has new owners who have doubled price and halved serve. Husband most embarrassed when I told owner where to shove his fish finger size portions, ended up with Indian take out and red wine in front of wood fire at home.

Sunday, Mowing, weeding large land requires large work unfortunately. Then went to movies and read sunday paper, friends arrived with more red wine and suggest curry take out, end up with Thai take out. (Vow to skip take out next weekend but social life here usually does revolve around eating).
jeeze keep going , your almost an ozzie....... MM
Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Theres no hope for you get a life a whinging Pom if ever I have seen one , all the South coast to choose from and you go Bognor then whinge about the Butlins , at lest you will not have to food shop on a Sunday in WA the supermarkets are shut.

The Perth Water Corporation says the weekend's rains have provided a boost to dam levels.

More than 40 millimetres of rain has fallen on the metropolitan area over the last 24 hours.

Sorry PB but you are wrong, here in St Clair we have a supermarket open on Sundays, it even has a fish and chip shop in it. By the way St Clair is in Port Kennedy!!!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:09 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard

And what will you do sunshine , on returning to Blairyland ?, oh excuse me Kinver ,sit at a pooter all day while some poor bastard pays your wages , and you carry on denergrating oz , then at 4.30 pm you piss off to the local equivalent of the "old bailey"? so much for your life in Australia........... MM
Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunbathed most of Saturday then cooked for friends in the evening, good nite had by all.

Dossy day yesterday, had breakfast in the garden, followed by weekly visit to inlaws, into town to pick up holiday brouchures then out to the country for a few drinks then back home for a takeaway and of course the final episode of `24`.

footie chick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.