Wikiposts

Dark at 7 p.m.

Old May 23rd 2007, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dark at 7 p.m.

Originally Posted by scott115
In the UK we spend out Winter evenings watching tv and in my case football. Everyone always says that Ozzies never watch tv and even so, the free telly is allegedly c**p. You hear so much about the outdoor lifestyle but I can't see how this can be the case if it's dark when you get back from work anyway.

It's too cold to sit outside in the UK winter.

Originally Posted by Issie
Does it vary from State to state Wendy. When we were in Perth in Febraury it went dark about 8 (ish )..........We still sat out everynight with the outside lanterns on and the candles burning.......Bliss.

Luckly we are not ones for Tv's in the Uk so i suppose we wont be bothered too much whether the Tv is crap anyway.

Yes it does. Here's a list of sunrise/sunset times across Australia's capitals http://www.australianweddingcompany....s/sun_time.php
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk times.

http://www.gaisma.com/en/dir/au-country.html
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

scott115 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked out that website and it seems that in Queensland it doesn't stay light any later than 7p.m. That's a real shame but I suppose if it's warm it doesn't matter so much although there'll be no Summer evening games of golf.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked out that website and it seems that in Queensland it doesn't stay light any later than 7p.m. That's a real shame but I suppose if it's warm it doesn't matter so much although there'll be no Summer evening games of golf.

Just bum a sickie and play in the day. That's what my cousin's hubby does
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:49 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the genius of outdoor lighting. Wonders never cease.

Apparently, in order to watch the English footy I will need to get foxtel. I'll be renting for probs the first year until I am settled, is it possible to get foxtel if you're in rented accommodation. I know that over here alot of landlords won't allow you to get Sky as it requires fitting the dish and cables etc?

We were lucky as the connections were already here. You could ask them for permission. Some say yes.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

if ye want long summer nites of golf gettin eaten by midges then stay where ye r lol
Old May 24th 2007, 12:09 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

If you want late evenings you need to move to either of the poles. That way you get 24 hour sunshine in summer. You just have to put up with 24 hour darkness in winter.

I'm afraid that if you want warm weather you've got to say bye bye to day light at 10pm. The closer to the equator you are the more 'even' sunset/sunrise times become. Try Singapore - pretty damn close to the equator and the lights go out at 6pm every night of the year...

Cheers,

Graham
Old May 24th 2007, 12:12 am

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and for the record the sun sets at around 5.15 in Sydney at the moment...

Graham
Old May 24th 2007, 12:23 am
Just Joined

So how do you fill your evenings?
Old May 24th 2007, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Help kids with homework, chase round tidying up after the kids, make tea, tidy up again, watch TV, get kids to bed, tidy up after kids once more, watch TV, chat on here, read a book, go to sleep

In the summer or warmer evenings I will sit out on the deck (probably on the laptop )
Old May 24th 2007, 12:37 am

We eat out, go drinking with friends, watch tv, go night diving occasionally, write websites, go taking photos, go to gigs, have bbq's, take part in monumental pub quizes, drink some more, eat some more.....

How do you fill your's?
Old May 24th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Well we do have electricity, you know.

We can go to the movies, to the pub, to a restaurant. We can sit outside for dinner all year round, because we have those outside heater things. We can play tennis, football, cricket, swim - almost anything you can do during the day really.

If we don't want to go out, we can stay in and watch TV, read a book, surf the net, talk to our friends and families. Same as most people, I'd have thought.....
Old May 24th 2007, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
In the summer or warmer evenings I will sit out on the deck (probably on the laptop )
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You need help.
Old May 24th 2007, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by northerner
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You need help.

You offering to come and tidy up for me
Old May 24th 2007, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by northerner
We eat out, go drinking with friends, watch tv, go night diving occasionally, write websites, go taking photos, go to gigs, have bbq's, take part in monumental pub quizes, drink some more, eat some more.....

How do you fill your's?
A point well made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.