Reload this Page >

Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

Old May 10th 2007, 11:24 am
Chris

tscw1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

Hi

been to Dan Murphys in Albany Creek, it's massive I don't know how I missed, found the Newcastle brown Ale but only in minature bottles, 330ml as opposed to the 565ml (or there abouts) bottles in England $69.99 for a crate, so no food next week then.

Chris <-chilling his beer ready for the big opening
Old May 11th 2007, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to Dan Murphy's Albany Creek on Wednesday and they were sold out of the English beers!!!! Word got round the expat community very quickly!
However I went to the Chermside one yesterday (opening day) and managed to secure some supplies.

Also no under 18's allowed in the store - is that normal for bottle shops?
Old May 11th 2007, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daka
I went to Dan Murphy's Albany Creek on Wednesday and they were sold out of the English beers!!!! Word got round the expat community very quickly!
However I went to the Chermside one yesterday (opening day) and managed to secure some supplies.

Think most of it has been sold through this site....and theres a large amount in my fridge! The woman on the checkout said that she was thinking of trying some of the "foreign stuff" and we were obviously going to have a good time "trying the stuff out....." I responded with the fact that I've been drinking the stuff for years and if she tried out she'd know what REAL beer tastes like
Old May 13th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daka

Went in to DM Chermside with my mate on Friday, and they wouldn't serve her because she had no ID - she's 27. They're obviously very careful. It was funny though, the girl who refused her looked younger than her.
J.
Old May 14th 2007, 12:21 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Perhaps we should all have a meet-up there.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:23 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Went in to DM Chermside with my mate on Friday, and they wouldn't serve her because she had no ID - she's 27. They're obviously very careful. It was funny though, the girl who refused her looked younger than her.
J.
I nearly got refused at Gilhooleys in the city once....as I'm on the wrong side of 40 I thought it hilarious (though would have been livid if I hadn't had my passport on me!). I was with a bunch of other Expats all considerably younger than me..... they had no problem at all!
Old May 14th 2007, 2:25 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Perhaps we should all have a meet-up there.
Up for the idea if people fancy it....we'll all have to bring our ID though!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:47 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

This was on fire yesterday :curse:

But don't worry polly, I think it was just one of the signs that went up in smoke, all the beer seemed save
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:12 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by themerlin
This was on fire yesterday :curse:

But don't worry polly, I think it was just one of the signs that went up in smoke, all the beer seemed save

Good that my larder is full of their Scrumpy Jack stocks then, I was just saving it from the flames
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:11 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Good that my larder is full of their Scrumpy Jack stocks then, I was just saving it from the flames
That's why I couldn't get any the other night - I had to buy a slab of Guiness instead - such a hardship it was LOL