Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

Old May 2nd 2007, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

There are a few bottles left - new Dan Murphy's bottle supermarket, Albany Creek, North Brisbane.
Very good range of UK beer, Guinness, Leffe, 1664, Holsten, Magners Irish Cider, Scrumpy Jack...... The bloke is crying into what's left of his wallet, and I need a bigger fridge
Some good wines there too. Well worth a trip
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dan Murphy's, Albany Creek

Magners. Did someone say Magners Start the car up I'm so there!!!!
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:40 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Magners. Did someone say Magners Start the car up I'm so there!!!!
Yep, Magners, $5.69 a bottle (as opposed to $10 in the bar at Chermside (where they try to serve it diluted with ice!!)
Dan Murphys is on the left as you go down Albany Creek Road towards South Pine Rd.

Nice checkout lady said "OOh you'll enjoy trying all those new drinks, won't you", Looked rather confused when I said they were old friends and I'm glad to be reunited with them
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:53 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion the best bottle'o chain in Bris!

It was a hidden gem when they only had 1 shop in Bris at Middle Park but they have now expanded and all now get the treats. The new one at the GABBA is huge with a vast array of wines and beers at good prices.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There are a few bottles left - new Dan Murphy's bottle supermarket, Albany Creek, North Brisbane.
Very good range of UK beer, Guinness, Leffe, 1664, Holsten, Magners Irish Cider, Scrumpy Jack...... The bloke is crying into what's left of his wallet, and I need a bigger fridge
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Pollyana;4727309]Yep, Magners, $5.69 a bottle (as opposed to $10 in the bar at Chermside (where they try to serve it diluted with ice!!)

Or $12 a bottle in the Irish Bar in the Queen St Mall
I've had one bottle since arriving here at that price and savoured every drop. Once I get to Dan Murphy's I'll be
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:19 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

See - bet you're pleased I called you from there and gave you all that good info
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:52 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by 232Bar
See - bet you're pleased I called you from there and gave you all that good info
Ooh yes Not sure the Bloke is quite so impressed though...! he did say he might try his first Guiness though as I've bought some, I'll report back after he's summoned up the courage
Old May 6th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mmm one crate of 12 bottles of Magners ($62 and worth every cent!) now has a new home. Drinking my first bottle now in my Magners glass I brought over with me!
Old May 6th 2007, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

Mmm one crate of 12 bottles of Magners ($62 and worth every cent!) now has a new home. Drinking my first bottle now in my Magners glass I brought over with me!
You sound as happy as me with my first glass of Scrumpy Jack! Nectar!!
Old May 7th 2007, 4:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks polly, went there yesterday loads of beer , the range is so huge they even stock fosters

Did see one beer thats $22 a bottle, might get some on my birthday
Old May 7th 2007, 4:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by themerlin
Thanks polly, went there yesterday loads of beer , the range is so huge they even stock fosters

Did see one beer thats $22 a bottle, might get some on my birthday
Didn't look at many of the prices...The Bloke made the rash statement that he would pay on his credit card, so I just shopped till the trolley was full
Old May 7th 2007, 6:28 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't look at many of the prices...The Bloke made the rash statement that he would pay on his credit card, so I just shopped till the trolley was full

Yeh, but it was your money on the card.
Old May 7th 2007, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Yeh, but it was your money on the card.
Which was intended for you to buy a bed with.....have to stick to the old one now
Old May 7th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bed, Shmed. Who needs a comfy bed to sleep in - when you have had a few you'll sleep like a baby anyway!
Old May 7th 2007, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Bed, Shmed. Who needs a comfy bed to sleep in - when you have had a few you'll sleep like a baby anyway!
My sentiments exactly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.