Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving licence in Queensland

Driving licence in Queensland

Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice
Default Driving licence in Queensland

Is it true that you now don't need to do the theory part of the driving test in Queensland if you already have a full UK licence?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Driving licence in Queensland

Originally Posted by LauraC
Is it true that you now don't need to do the theory part of the driving test in Queensland if you already have a full UK licence?
As I understand it that would be a big YES no theory required. Turn up with licence have photo taken leave a little later with brand spanking new Queensland licence
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

yes that is correct. just hand over your uk licence, pay the fee, and they give you a qld licence.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:21 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats exactly right
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Cool!

When did that change?

My Aunt moved to Cairns and she had to do the theory test before Christmas.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just got my QLD licence about 3 months ago and did no test just handed over 58 dollars and they gave me a licence
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Yip, we got ours 3 days ago, filled out the form, waited to be called, 10 mins max, paid $64, photo taken, loved mine, hubby hates his...

seriously easy...

although, the woman who processed out forms, did say there are over 500 people comng in on a daily basis, but that's here in the Brisbane office, so I suggest get in, when the doors open, 9am sharp.. lol lol
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!

When did that change?

My Aunt moved to Cairns and she had to do the theory test before Christmas.
Hi there. The theory test was abolished last year some time, and for those that sat the test after this time, they were sent a refund, because they should never have had to sit the test. I did mine in July and got a refund, so it was well before then.