Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Current shipping quotes ??

Current shipping quotes ??

Old Jun 19th 2010, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Current shipping quotes ??

Hi ,
Friends have had their first shipping quote in for a 20ft from London to Brissy and at £4344 it seems a little high to me? (not including insurance)
Just wondered what others have been paying of late ? Surely as less people are shipping out of the Uk at the moment prices should be somewhat more competitive ..or am i wrong ??
Sunbound
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Current shipping quotes ??

Yes. Seems high. We were that for a 20ft, overspill and insurance.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

We paid £4000 for 20ft container including insurance from Sheffield to Sunshine Coast. We went with Doree Bonner who were great both ends. We haggled prices and they beat any other quote we had. We just told them we had been quoted less and they matched it. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

I suppose prices have gone up a little since we came out 2 years ago...
Theyre still waiting for quotes from:
PSS, White and Co,Bishops move and Anglo Pacific...
See whether their prices are similar ..but i think they were planning to barter a little ..
Old Jun 20th 2010, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have got Pickfords, Anglo Pacific and Davies Turner coming in to quote next week. I will report back when I have the quotes in. I am worried that I might need a 40 foot container, I just can't see how all my stuff could fit into a 20 foot space.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have got Pickfords, Anglo Pacific and Davies Turner coming in to quote next week. I will report back when I have the quotes in. I am worried that I might need a 40 foot container, I just can't see how all my stuff could fit into a 20 foot space.
ooh yes would appreciate hearing your quotes for Pickfords and Anglo...
You'll be amazed what fits in to 20ft ..we moved an entire 3 bedroom semi house and garage and loft in 20ft. It depends how big your house it really..
Pickfords moved me and said there may or may not be room for one item that i wasnt too bothered about moving..i was left with a chest of drawers or a tumble dryer,which i wasnt fussed about moving either and in the end i didnt have room for either..everything else fitted in perfectly ...mmm i remember i was nearly bald by the end of that day..i pity my friends (or you actually) going through it all !!! LOL It'll turn out ok though ..
Sunbound
Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

We went with Pickfords after many quotes. Half a container and the prices started at £3200 however, managed to haggle and get the final price down to £2690 door to door. I cannot fault the service so far it will be the same at the other end. Our goods are due to arrive July just ahead of us.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbound
ooh yes would appreciate hearing your quotes for Pickfords and Anglo...
You'll be amazed what fits in to 20ft ..we moved an entire 3 bedroom semi house and garage and loft in 20ft. It depends how big your house it really..
Pickfords moved me and said there may or may not be room for one item that i wasnt too bothered about moving..i was left with a chest of drawers or a tumble dryer,which i wasnt fussed about moving either and in the end i didnt have room for either..everything else fitted in perfectly ...mmm i remember i was nearly bald by the end of that day..i pity my friends (or you actually) going through it all !!! LOL It'll turn out ok though ..
Sunbound
We only have a three bed house but we have three reception rooms and also an annexe with a home office and home cinema. I am worried that could tip us over the edge. I think our stuff would be rattling around in a 40 ft but be just slightly too much for the 20 ft.

I don't want to part with anything.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi

we went with pickfords

we had 3/4 of a 40ft container i managed to knock them down to £5000.00 all in and got them to price match £50000.00 worth of insurance @ 1.5%

just delivered last week and all good very happy from start to finish
Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

We only have a three bed house but we have three reception rooms and also an annexe with a home office and home cinema. I am worried that could tip us over the edge. I think our stuff would be rattling around in a 40 ft but be just slightly too much for the 20 ft.

I know how you feel ..and being already here ..my advice would be to bring everything if you can
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

When they came to look at what we wanted to pack into the container they said we would fill a 20ft container. On the day of packing we actually only filled about 3/4 of it so dont worry. Fill your wardrobes and drawers with things too and it should all go in.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

We had this and went with a full 20ft plus the rest as overspill. It was cheaper than a 40 ft. We had to wait an extra 11 days on the overspill though.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:07 am
Just Joined

paulfurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingseat
We had this and went with a full 20ft plus the rest as overspill. It was cheaper than a 40 ft. We had to wait an extra 11 days on the overspill though.
How long does it take to get the container from door to door?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Thank you, I had no idea about overspill. I shall make sure I ask about this if we have too much.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Kat_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Hi ,
Friends have had their first shipping quote in for a 20ft from London to Brissy and at £4344 it seems a little high to me? (not including insurance)
Just wondered what others have been paying of late ? Surely as less people are shipping out of the Uk at the moment prices should be somewhat more competitive ..or am i wrong ??
Sunbound
We had quotes of £6500 - Pickfords and £4100 from DB, waiting for Crowns quote to come in. North East to Melbourne. DB also said they could get the shipment there faster than Pickfords

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.