Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

currambine shops?

currambine shops?

Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:42 am
Just Joined

spinfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: currambine shops?

Has anyone been to the little Indian located in the SW corner of the original Currambine shops?

They do the most magnificent sweets and their Byrianis are good too.

There's also another nice little in Joondalup near to the new Dome - begins with K - usually frequented by other Indians so must be good.

Nice to be on board - have been here almost 21 years

David
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all
Default Re: currambine shops?

Originally Posted by the_phantom
re The Glasgow Curry House:
Just had a takeaway from here. If they served these portions in Glasgow, they would have a riot on their hands. The Veg' Pakora is $7 per portion, and for that we received 4 pieces. The chicken patia was delicious although meagre, the chicken tikka masala was not 'tikkaed'. I have never seen such a thin naan bread in my life, it was almost transparent. The lachha paratha could have fitted on a side plate at a childrens party. I am aware that this restaraunt/take-away has only recently opened but if they wish to cultivate the reputation of a true 'Glasgow Curry House' they will seriously have to "stop taking the piss and get it right", otherwise they are going to alienate the expats around Currambine.
I got curry takeaway from here too, was not impressed to say the least. Pricey and the food was very average. The owners are Pakistani if that makes any difference, perhaps they do it differently! Imagine the people they will get through as they have very cleverly faced their takeaway door entry facing the site for the new pub, with plans to stay open the same hours as the pub!
I won't be back to this one until they lift their game.

Good Indian I have found :
Punjab - Innaloo
Masala - Clarkson is ok
Bollywood Innaloo is quite good too

My Dad swears by Govenders in Joondalup and he is Indian. I haven't eaten there though .... he is also on pension so it may just be cheap

Red Turban in Joondalup uses the cheapest cuts of meat they can find I tihnk!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:15 am
Just Joined

spinfx is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yes - I forgot Govenders - really good.

Don't like Red Turban, but the one next door is the one that tastes best - you can also rent Bollywood movies

Masala is good, as is its sister restaurant the Koh i Noor (?) off Hepburn Ave.

Haven't tried Punjab

David
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spinfx
Ah yes - I forgot Govenders - really good.

Don't like Red Turban, but the one next door is the one that tastes best - you can also rent Bollywood movies

Masala is good, as is its sister restaurant the Koh i Noor (?) off Hepburn Ave.

Haven't tried Punjab

David
Koh i Noor ..... yep good choice!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by JBJ14
I got curry takeaway from here too, was not impressed to say the least. Pricey and the food was very average. The owners are Pakistani if that makes any difference, perhaps they do it differently! Imagine the people they will get through as they have very cleverly faced their takeaway door entry facing the site for the new pub, with plans to stay open the same hours as the pub!
I won't be back to this one until they lift their game.

Good Indian I have found :
Punjab - Innaloo
Masala - Clarkson is ok
Bollywood Innaloo is quite good too

My Dad swears by Govenders in Joondalup and he is Indian. I haven't eaten there though .... he is also on pension so it may just be cheap

Red Turban in Joondalup uses the cheapest cuts of meat they can find I tihnk!
im glad to hear other people are getting wise to this micky mouse curry house called the "glasgow" curry house whit a joke!
the one you mentioned is called the Kabalason its good i like the "madrasi" sauce they do think they still do the lunch time special which is curry & rice & can of soda for $9.90
also the "essence of india" in kinross is good again i like the jhal frazi its like back home style you need to ask for it hot cause as you will of found out the aussie's like curry weak! and they only use chicken breast meat! they also do a buffet nite $20per head kids are $10 think its wed/thurs nites 93049988
check it out enjoy! for those of you out there that have not been morfed yet!!