Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

currambine,perth

currambine,perth

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

mollymad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default currambine,perth

hi,me and my family are moving to currambine at the end of november(boy of 7,girl of 2) would love to here from anyone in the area just arrived or going to arrive,would like to make some friends in the area.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: currambine,perth

Hi

I have been in Perth about six weeks now and have a nine month old girl, would be more than happy to meet up when you arrive, I live in Quinns Rocks which isn't far away. My partner is due to start work next week and I am going to be all on my own! Have met some other nice mums with babies and children of various ages. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming so you'll have no problems meeting people, I'm off to a mums night out tonight- I only know one of the other people going and this is hopefully going to be a regular thing and everyone's welcome.

Let me know when you arrive or if you need any help with anything before you get here.

Good Luck with the move!

Kx
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

mollymad is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you,that would be great,be nice to have someone to talk to,we have only four weeks to go before the move,getting abit nervous,my husband starts work straight away when we arrive,so that will be hard on me i think,how have you found the whole experience so far? have you started missing people back home yet?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mollymad
thank you,that would be great,be nice to have someone to talk to,we have only four weeks to go before the move,getting abit nervous,my husband starts work straight away when we arrive,so that will be hard on me i think,how have you found the whole experience so far? have you started missing people back home yet?
Take a look at the King's Park November thread. Hitchcock has organised a day out in the city for everyone. Generally the KP meets are a great way to get to know people.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:24 am
Just Joined

lyndrews is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also moving to Currambine, I know a couple of people there. Helen (married to David ) used to be a regular poster on here. She teaches at Hocking Primary School.

There may be a few surprises for David when we get there as he might be interested in the tales from the past we have to tell ... Looking forward to the move!

Last edited by Dorothy; Oct 26th 2008 at 1:34 am. Reason: Please don't post personal information about posters without their permission.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mollymad,

I am living in Currambine, have been here 7 weeks now. I have a 6 year old boy and would love to meet with you when you come over. It would be nice for my 6 year old to have another lad to play with and be in the same situation as he is, would be nice for me too.

So far I love it, havent met too many people as yet but the location is great, weather is hotting up too, which helps a lot.

P.m. me if you want to meet or come round to meet us and I will give you my e-mail address.

Have you got a rental sorted out already then here in currambine?

My son goes to Currambine Primary school and loves it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Lo (short for Lorraine)
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mollymad
No worries, it can be challenging when you first get out here and don't know a lot of people. It's a bit crazy at first as you don't know where to go to get a phone, internet connection, cars, rentals, etc, etc. My partner didn't have a job sorted before we arrived so that made things harder. Now we are in our rental and have met some people it's great. The weather is beautiful and the whole experience has been much easier than expected. Don't tell my mum this but I don't miss people back home too much but then I guess I have always been pretty independent!! Seriously when you arrive if you need some help with anything then let me know. I don't work at the moment so I am more than happy to meet up and have a chat and help point you in the right direction.

Karen
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi Mollymad,

I am living in Currambine, have been here 7 weeks now. I have a 6 year old boy and would love to meet with you when you come over. It would be nice for my 6 year old to have another lad to play with and be in the same situation as he is, would be nice for me too.

So far I love it, havent met too many people as yet but the location is great, weather is hotting up too, which helps a lot.

P.m. me if you want to meet or come round to meet us and I will give you my e-mail address.

Have you got a rental sorted out already then here in currambine?

My son goes to Currambine Primary school and loves it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Lo (short for Lorraine)
Hi We arrived in Oz only 2 weeks ago. We have a fab temporary rental in Pearsall (near Joondalup) but are looking at the Currambine area. I think it's the catchment area for Ocean's Reef Senior. I also have a 6 year old (6 this month), so need to find her a school.

I'm glad you are loving it, my first impressions are very positive and I love Hillary's (shame I can't afford to live there). We sat on the beach and watched the sunset on Saturday night - fab.

Would love to meet up with you sometime. Good luck mollymad and have a safe journey, you're just in time for summer

Caroline
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Caroline,

Im up for meeting sometime next week for a coffee and chat at Lakeside if you want.

Have you had look round Currambine Primary for your daughter to go to, my son absolutely loves it.

Our furniture arrived on Monday so the house looks more settled in now, Dont think much of the weather today but hey ho at least we know in a couple of weeks we will definately be having the sunshine
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Hi Caroline,

Im up for meeting sometime next week for a coffee and chat at Lakeside if you want.

Have you had look round Currambine Primary for your daughter to go to, my son absolutely loves it.

Our furniture arrived on Monday so the house looks more settled in now, Dont think much of the weather today but hey ho at least we know in a couple of weeks we will definately be having the sunshine
Hi Ya Yanchep ! !

How are you settling in ?? All good I hope !
We have been her nearly 9 weeks now and have settled in Butler, it's such a lovely place, anyway hope your enjoying life so far !

Keely.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Keely,

We are renting in Currambine for 6 maybe 12 months.

We have settled in good, furniture has arrived and it is looking more like home.

What made you choose Butler. Are you renting or buying. Wow isnt it exciting that we have been through the same journey and have eventually ended up her - for real oh my god sometimes I still dont believe it.

Weathers not much at mo is it but that will change.

Hopefully we can meet up and share that bottle of chilled wine we promised each other.

Have things gone smoothly for you, have you had the homesickness thing yet

Lets keep in touch. Great to hear from you.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Hey Keely,

We are renting in Currambine for 6 maybe 12 months.

We have settled in good, furniture has arrived and it is looking more like home.

What made you choose Butler. Are you renting or buying. Wow isnt it exciting that we have been through the same journey and have eventually ended up her - for real oh my god sometimes I still dont believe it.

Weathers not much at mo is it but that will change.

Hopefully we can meet up and share that bottle of chilled wine we promised each other.

Have things gone smoothly for you, have you had the homesickness thing yet

Lets keep in touch. Great to hear from you.
Hi,

I don't know why we choose Butler, we didn't even venture up this far when we did our rekkie last year ! ! ! But from talking to people on other forums and photos we saw of Butler it just looked really nice ! ! We are renting for a year and then gonna decide what to do !
We have all settled in really well and quicker than I thought we would, and have made some lovely friends already ! ! To be honest we had been living at my parents since end of June to end Aug so I think we were all desperate for our own space again ! ! ! my daughter has really settled, she loves school, and my son starts kindy in feb ! !
Weather is really awful at the moment, as I type this I am sitting here with fluffy bed socks and a big thick jumper on ! ! ! Roll on tomorrow for the heat ! ! When it does heat up , we should meet up for that bottle of vino defo ! !
Anyway good to hear your loving it ! ! Take care, and speak soon.
Keely.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi Caroline,

Yeah, I know what you mean, I can't wait to get my furniture to turn our rental from a rental to a home - all a bit sparce at the moment. Currambine may have fallen through but we have a 12month rental at Wanneroo if we want it.

What day do you fancy meeting up? I seem to end up at Lakeside everyday - anyone would think I like shopping

Cheers
Caroline
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Caroline,

How bout meet up Tuesday at Lakeside for coffee about 12? Is your daughter in a school at the moment?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:31 am
Just Joined

douser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We just arrived in Perth 2 weeks ago. My husband started work on Monday, so my 10 month old daughter and I are dying for some company as we don't know anyone here yet. We have looked at several rentals in Currambine and have put in an application for one, we are living in the city at the minute but will be moving to Currambine in 2 weeks. It's great to hear that there will be others in my situation willing to meet up in the Currambine area. Please p.m. me if any of you want to meet up soon. Will be going to the King's park meet next weekend.
Douser's wife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.