Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Originally Posted by The_Effys
That's good to hear When are you looking to exchange?

Hopefully this week coming.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown and they were fantastic. We were all packed in 2 days. They gave us 2 weeks free storage in the UK, and it took 7 weeks to get to us in OZ. No breakages, the only problem we found was trying to get into the packages when we got here (wrapped well). Like a kid at Christmas. Crown gets my Vote.

Stacey
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:48 am
Living the dream

kars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant future

Hi

We used Crown and were really pleased. Our 20ft container arrived in Victoria in just over 5 weeks! Nothing broken or damaged and the blokes this end were just as helpful as the ones in the UK
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:28 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Thanks for your post thats really helped me out. They are coming to us on 16th 17th August to pack our stuff. I having been writing a list today of what needs to be cleaned etc before they come, so I totally get what your saying about panicking!!

At the moment I'm trying to figure out the flaming insurance application form Why do they have to make it so goddamn complicated?

Anyway good luck with your shipment!!

Kerry
Good luck to you too!

The insurance form is a bit of a nightmare isnt it? You will get to the end eventually!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:31 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi Viki

Thought I'd just day 'Hi' as were headed to the same area or there abouts, we're off to Redland Bay, just down the road. We're not using Crown but PSS and shippers will be with us on the 7th & 8th August and we fly on the 9th. Good luck with the move, flight and goodbyes, not someting I'm looking forward to.

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

There are a lot of us going to the Redlands area arent there? August will be chock a block with Brits!!!

I have just got back from a weekend at my Dads in Leicestershire and that is the last time I will see him before we go. He actually cried when we were leaving and it was difficult but I am ok, just hope he is alright.

Good luck to you too!

Vikki
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

CharlieCorbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Probably being really thick here but do you have a website address for Crown please? Put a search in on Google and got 'OceanCrown' 'Golden Crown' 'Crown studded condoms, free shipping' but don't think it's any of those I need!
How for in advance do you need to do all the shipping info? We're due to leave the UK in Jan 08 but need to move out of our house at the end of next month so I'm wondering if we need to pack up ourselves and rent some storage or whether a shipping company could sort it all out for us.
Thanks for your help,
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CharlieCorbs
Hello,
Probably being really thick here but do you have a website address for Crown please? Put a search in on Google and got 'OceanCrown' 'Golden Crown' 'Crown studded condoms, free shipping' but don't think it's any of those I need!
How for in advance do you need to do all the shipping info? We're due to leave the UK in Jan 08 but need to move out of our house at the end of next month so I'm wondering if we need to pack up ourselves and rent some storage or whether a shipping company could sort it all out for us.
Thanks for your help,
www.crownrelo.com Tel: 0121 380 0914

Think they can organise storage this end and the other end, don't know how much it is though.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

I do apologise where's my manners? hello charlie corbs welcome to expats!!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:03 am
lpw
Just Joined

lpw is on a distinguished road

I had (am still having) a terrible experience with Crown – all appeared okay until I tried to get my things out of storage in Perth. Their very convenient opening hours (if you want to collect yourself and save money) are 9am-3pm Monday to Friday. They also charge a fee of around $900 for the pleasure of collecting my gear. Yep, $900 and that was for me to hire a lorry and find people to help on a weekday – it's an extra $400 to go in on a weekend. To get them to do the job themselves was that same fee and then some. This is was after paying them to do the removal in the first instance and about six months worth of storage fees.

Hopefully you don't have this trouble too, but read the fine print! Especially with the insurance. What they refer to as a 'redelivery fee' isn't actually them delivering to your door, but just them releasing the goods from storage.

And after two months, I'm still waiting for the furniture they damaged to be replaced/repaired.

Still feeling quite burnt by the whole experience! :curse:
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:34 am
In Aus and loving it!

Originally Posted by CharlieCorbs
Hello,
Thanks for your help,
Hello and welcome to expats!

Glad to see you got the website address, good luck with everything.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:37 am
In Aus and loving it!

Originally Posted by lpw
I had (am still having) a terrible experience with Crown – all appeared okay until I tried to get my things out of storage in Perth. Their very convenient opening hours (if you want to collect yourself and save money) are 9am-3pm Monday to Friday. They also charge a fee of around $900 for the pleasure of collecting my gear. Yep, $900 and that was for me to hire a lorry and find people to help on a weekday – it's an extra $400 to go in on a weekend. To get them to do the job themselves was that same fee and then some. This is was after paying them to do the removal in the first instance and about six months worth of storage fees.

Hopefully you don't have this trouble too, but read the fine print! Especially with the insurance. What they refer to as a 'redelivery fee' isn't actually them delivering to your door, but just them releasing the goods from storage.

And after two months, I'm still waiting for the furniture they damaged to be replaced/repaired.

Still feeling quite burnt by the whole experience! :curse:
They have been very helpful havent they??!!!!

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, I have read plenty of horror stories when it comes to shipping which is why I am keeping an open mind regarding Crown until it has arrived on my doorstep in Oz and been unpacked!! Then I will make a firm decision with regards to them.

It is such a difficult decision to make when you choose who to ship with but there are bad stories about everyone and you just have to go with who 'feels' right in the end I think.

I hope you get your belongings sorted soon, good luck
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I thought Crown were rubbish and expensive. Won't use them again.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:47 am
In Aus and loving it!

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I thought Crown were rubbish and expensive. Won't use them again.
What did they do? Just wondering if there is anything to be learned thats all!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by VikkiL
What did they do? Just wondering if there is anything to be learned thats all!!
They broke alot of stuff and things were missing. They argued about our claims and it took 3 months for them to pay out.

They were the most expensive quote that we got out of 3 companies, but went with them because of there so called reputation.

Also at this end of Perth, it took them 4 weeks to get our stuff sorted once it arrived:curse:
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:14 am
lpw
Just Joined

lpw is on a distinguished road

Sounds like it night be a Perth office problem...

So you got your claim sorted after three months? That's just one more month for me to wait then! There was other damage I noticed once I finally got my things home, but too late to claim for that by then.

The people there were okay enough when I met them, but to get them to help you out or even take a call on the phone is impossible.

I reckon my name is on a bit of paper next to reception in a red circle with a big line through it

Kent are a good alternative in Perth in my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.