Reload this Page >

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Liz

lizhenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Originally Posted by VikkiL
For everyone still weighing up who to go with for their shipping, I just thought I would give you my opinion so far on Crown who came this week (Mon and Tues).

Hubby and I were up late over the weekend finishing off jobs we had never got round to doing before the packers were due, cleaning bikes etc etc. Crown arrived at about 8.45 am on Monday morning, later than they had planned as one of the guys didnt turn up so that left them with 2 guys for the Monday only. They were very pleasant and professional and, most importantly for me at that moment, calm! I had suddenly gone into panic mode not knowing if everything was how it should be for them, I had packed a lot of stuff into black bin liners so that they wouldnt have to go through the wardrobes etc and wasnt sure if this would help or hinder the guys but they were great. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Day 2 they arrived at 7.40am and had another guy with them to help.

They didnt really stop for breaks but had lots of cups of tea and said that they were prepared to work late as there were only 2 of them and would that be ok with me? They were very easy to be around and very considerate. I definitely would make sure that any children were not around for the process though. People are packing up all over the house and not only do you have a problem with security as the door is opening and closing all day but I think it could be quite upsetting for them watching their toys etc being packed away.

My container was booked for 2pm on Tuesday but actually arrived at 12.45pm and even though Crown were short of one guy on Monday they were ready and waiting for the container when it arrived. We booked a sole use 20ft container and it cost us GBP 3995 and also used Crown for insurance at 1.95% (got that discounted as told them their original quote was too expensive) and, so far, think it was worth the money. Container left here Tuesday at 3.30pm and left Southampton for Oz yesterday (Thursday).

The girl in the office who dealt with our paperwork made a few mistakes and we had to phone a couple of times for new invoices etc but, on the whole, they have been pretty good! Lets see how I feel when I get the stuff at the other end, will keep you updated.
Wish I could say the same. Their quote was the most expensive by an extra £2K - I asked them to come down in price which they verbally said they would and would email the revised price. I have not heard from them since. I have phoned the office 4 times, and still no response. We are moving 22/10 and arriving 5/11 and will not be using Crown's - service appaulling.!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:21 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Our experience of crown was ok at the UK end and crap at the Brisbane end (delivery guys excluded)

It took 14weeks 3days for the shipment after we were told 8-12weeks...as vikki says there is a backlog though. the girls in the brisbane office didnt return calls, one even said our shipment hadnt left the UK after 13 weeks!! another one said that they didnt have any paperwork from us and are we sure we used crown!!! the online tracker wasnt updated and when it was the information was different to what we were being told. we had someone blatently lie to us..... but the lads deliverying the stuff just made the experience a good one.they worked soo hard.

But after crown was recommended to us, if i was to do it again. I wouldnt use them - only because of the stress the brisbane office put us through really.
Hi Cath, hows it going? Are you enjoying the new job?

I think the problem with some of the inbound containers was that Nicole, their inbound coordinator, resigned (or was pushed - not sure which!) and that seemed to leave them in a bit of a state for a couple of weeks lwhilst people tried to deal with her outstanding paperwork. Either that or it was just bad management!

It is never going to be the same experience for everybody is it? All the companies will have their good and bad stories and I have decided that a certain amount of luck must come into it.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Cath, hows it going? Are you enjoying the new job?

I think the problem with some of the inbound containers was that Nicole, their inbound coordinator, resigned (or was pushed - not sure which!) and that seemed to leave them in a bit of a state for a couple of weeks lwhilst people tried to deal with her outstanding paperwork. Either that or it was just bad management!

It is never going to be the same experience for everybody is it? All the companies will have their good and bad stories and I have decided that a certain amount of luck must come into it.
Hmmm I agree Vik, totally Nicole was the one that seemed to always be off sick.

Looking for another job- not settling. I am still there and told my boss yesterdy I wantd to resign and he talkd me out of it. Typical!! But i have said will keep looking whilst still working for them. Just waiting the results of one of my finance exams just done with Kaplan. Hows yu???
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:41 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hmmm I agree Vik, totally Nicole was the one that seemed to always be off sick.

Looking for another job- not settling. I am still there and told my boss yesterdy I wantd to resign and he talkd me out of it. Typical!! But i have said will keep looking whilst still working for them. Just waiting the results of one of my finance exams just done with Kaplan. Hows yu???
Oh thats a shame about the job, I am sure that you will find something else that you will be able to settle into a bit better.

All well here, we are all enjoying ourselves in the lovely sunshine! Off to an auction this evening to try to buy a house!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice

Hi everyone.
We moved over to aus with crown and they were fantastic. It took them a whole day to pack us up and the guys were great very polite and always made me feel very calm. We moved to brisbane bayside and our stuff arrived and the staff from brisbane crown were just as nice and helpful. They unpacked our furniture but left us our boxes to do. But they came back and collected the empty boxes and paper from us no extra charge.
The one thing I'll never forget is smell of the boxes when they arrived it took us a few days to empty the boxes and getting rid off them. The smelt very fishy, but that is to be expected.
It took just over 10 weeks from pick up to delivery.
I personally would reccomend them but not everyone would agree.

Good luck to everyone moving here. Hope its all that you expected.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice

Hi.
How are you enjoying cleveland?
I start my job 15th oct at the new IGA in cleveland I worked for them last year in manlyQLD so its going to be fun.
Wayne and I were thinking about moving to cleveland but changed our minds and we have just moved into a house in wynnum north.We have meet the neigbours and they are fab. At the moment we are still surrounded by boxes as i have put my back out and have been given strict instructions from my doc to get bed rest.
Its driving me nuts as I want to get everything unpacked and finished, then I can get back to work without having to stress about unpacking. I was supposed to start work next week but my doc said no way i have to rest.

So my poor wayne is going to work for 7am coming home at 5.30 then unpacking boxes while i have to stand and just instruct.