Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:43 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Crown shipping - my opinion so far

For everyone still weighing up who to go with for their shipping, I just thought I would give you my opinion so far on Crown who came this week (Mon and Tues).

Hubby and I were up late over the weekend finishing off jobs we had never got round to doing before the packers were due, cleaning bikes etc etc. Crown arrived at about 8.45 am on Monday morning, later than they had planned as one of the guys didnt turn up so that left them with 2 guys for the Monday only. They were very pleasant and professional and, most importantly for me at that moment, calm! I had suddenly gone into panic mode not knowing if everything was how it should be for them, I had packed a lot of stuff into black bin liners so that they wouldnt have to go through the wardrobes etc and wasnt sure if this would help or hinder the guys but they were great. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Day 2 they arrived at 7.40am and had another guy with them to help.

They didnt really stop for breaks but had lots of cups of tea and said that they were prepared to work late as there were only 2 of them and would that be ok with me? They were very easy to be around and very considerate. I definitely would make sure that any children were not around for the process though. People are packing up all over the house and not only do you have a problem with security as the door is opening and closing all day but I think it could be quite upsetting for them watching their toys etc being packed away.

My container was booked for 2pm on Tuesday but actually arrived at 12.45pm and even though Crown were short of one guy on Monday they were ready and waiting for the container when it arrived. We booked a sole use 20ft container and it cost us GBP 3995 and also used Crown for insurance at 1.95% (got that discounted as told them their original quote was too expensive) and, so far, think it was worth the money. Container left here Tuesday at 3.30pm and left Southampton for Oz yesterday (Thursday).

The girl in the office who dealt with our paperwork made a few mistakes and we had to phone a couple of times for new invoices etc but, on the whole, they have been pretty good! Lets see how I feel when I get the stuff at the other end, will keep you updated.

Last edited by VikkiL; Jul 27th 2007 at 7:47 am. Reason: Said I would show some photos but just remembered that I have shipped the software I need to transfer photos onto my laptop!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:58 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Just had paperwork sent by post to say that the estimated arrival in Brisbane is 24th August so lets just hope that all goes well and it clears customs quickly!

I will be impressed if I get my container by September Wont hold my breath though!!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Thanks for your post thats really helped me out. They are coming to us on 16th 17th August to pack our stuff. I having been writing a list today of what needs to be cleaned etc before they come, so I totally get what your saying about panicking!!

At the moment I'm trying to figure out the flaming insurance application form Why do they have to make it so goddamn complicated?

Anyway good luck with your shipment!!

Kerry
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:01 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi Viki

Thought I'd just day 'Hi' as were headed to the same area or there abouts, we're off to Redland Bay, just down the road. We're not using Crown but PSS and shippers will be with us on the 7th & 8th August and we fly on the 9th. Good luck with the move, flight and goodbyes, not someting I'm looking forward to.

Michelle
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

kegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nice

Just had to join the thread. We're off with PSS. My name is also Kerry - and we're also getting packed on August 17th. We're also just down the road from Milton Keynes - hope they go to the right house!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:42 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Bayside is full !!! Well the housing market is mad.

We used PSS who were excellent, and our container arrived here last week after only 7 weeks, and was delivered to the door by movements international. Be prepared for the quarantine charge on delivery
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Thanks for your post thats really helped me out. They are coming to us on 16th 17th August to pack our stuff. I having been writing a list today of what needs to be cleaned etc before they come, so I totally get what your saying about panicking!!

At the moment I'm trying to figure out the flaming insurance application form Why do they have to make it so goddamn complicated?

Kerry
Did you consider Letton Percival for insurance - a lot cheaper than Crown's own.

To the OP - we also had a very good experience with Crown in the UK but the Perth end was a totally different story. You will find lots of similar stories on here about not just Crown but others.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kegsta
Just had to join the thread. We're off with PSS. My name is also Kerry - and we're also getting packed on August 17th. We're also just down the road from Milton Keynes - hope they go to the right house!
Hi Kegsta (kerry)

Where abouts are you then? and where are you headed? Bit of a spooky coincidence that eh?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

kegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nice

Heading to Noosa in Queensland, from Aldbury in Hertfordshire (about 35 mins drive from Milton Keynes). We have a 4-year-old. Are you off to Tasmania?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:07 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Kerry
Wow Kerry, things are moving fast for you! Blimey, that's only 3 wekks away

Karma you sent me must have worked 'cos I've been chilled out now for the past week & can't seem to get myself going!

Did you haggle with Crown at all? We have booked them for 3rd & 4th Sept. Was thinking of going with Letton Percival for insurance, but will have to look into them If I can get me arse in gear!

Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Wow Kerry, things are moving fast for you! Blimey, that's only 3 wekks away

Karma you sent me must have worked 'cos I've been chilled out now for the past week & can't seem to get myself going!

Did you haggle with Crown at all? We have booked them for 3rd & 4th Sept. Was thinking of going with Letton Percival for insurance, but will have to look into them If I can get me arse in gear!

Glad the karma worked for you!!

No I didn't haggle but I sent them a revised inventory of what we are taking (we keep changing our minds!) And the new quote was for 323cuft for 2,200 they said we didn't have to pay until the packing had been done and we know for sure how much space we are taking up.

I've just about had it with looking around at quotes for this and that
So just gonna go with crowns insurance. To be honest I'm feeling a little bit down at the moment as when we came back from an afternoon out today a neighbor pointed out that our sold sign now says for sale and had it fallen through?! Ofcourse i got on the phone straight away to EA and the guy in the office couldn't understand why. I'm gonna ring again tomorrow and speak to someone in charge and double check. As the buyers were concerned about a the house is in a radon gas area First I knew of this!! The EA reckons that the whole of MK is a radon gas area!!

So as you can imagine going out of my mind with worry and concerns at the mo
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kegsta
Heading to Noosa in Queensland, from Aldbury in Hertfordshire (about 35 mins drive from Milton Keynes). We have a 4-year-old. Are you off to Tasmania?
Yeah Tassie is where we are headed. Personally I don't think that I could stand the heat of the mainland. And Tas has 4 seasons, most people think we are mad but hey, I love my goddamn seasons!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:15 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Glad the karma worked for you!!

No I didn't haggle but I sent them a revised inventory of what we are taking (we keep changing our minds!) And the new quote was for 323cuft for 2,200 they said we didn't have to pay until the packing had been done and we know for sure how much space we are taking up.

I've just about had it with looking around at quotes for this and that
So just gonna go with crowns insurance.
Yeah, you can only take so much research! Think I have overloaded

To be honest I'm feeling a little bit down at the moment as when we came back from an afternoon out today a neighbor pointed out that our sold sign now says for sale and had it fallen through?! Ofcourse i got on the phone straight away to EA and the guy in the office couldn't understand why. I'm gonna ring again tomorrow and speak to someone in charge and double check. As the buyers were concerned about a the house is in a radon gas area First I knew of this!! The EA reckons that the whole of MK is a radon gas area!!

So as you can imagine going out of my mind with worry and concerns at the mo
Radon Gas!! Whatever will these buyers come up with next!? Do all buyers meet up somewhere & go through a list called 'THINGS THAT YOU CAN MENTION TO SELLER TO GET A LAST MINUTE PRICE DROP', - Item 1 - Radon Gas. Item 2 - Gypsy's In Vicinity.....blah blah blah! In all seriousness I hope that isn't the case, but after our house sale fiasco I take anything EA's, Solicitors & buyers say with a pinch of salt! Hopefully it is just some kids mucking about

Are you still gonna move up north with OH rellies before you go?

Chris

Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Yeah, you can only take so much research! Think I have overloaded

Radon Gas!! Whatever will these buyers come up with next!? Do all buyers meet up somewhere & go through a list called 'THINGS THAT YOU CAN MENTION TO SELLER TO GET A LAST MINUTE PRICE DROP', - Item 1 - Radon Gas. Item 2 - Gypsy's In Vicinity.....blah blah blah! In all seriousness I hope that isn't the case, but after our house sale fiasco I take anything EA's, Solicitors & buyers say with a pinch of salt! Hopefully it is just some kids mucking about

Are you still gonna move up north with OH rellies before you go?

Chris

Just spoke to the branch manager at the office, all is good its just someone pissing about with our sign! (bloody arseholes) If only they knew how much worry they caused!! :curse:

I aint dropping no price!! If they want it they can buy it otherwise it will go on the market and someone else can have my lovely home!!!! But I don't think it will come to that.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:46 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Just spoke to the branch manager at the office, all is good its just someone pissing about with our sign! (bloody arseholes) If only they knew how much worry they caused!! :curse:

I aint dropping no price!! If they want it they can buy it otherwise it will go on the market and someone else can have my lovely home!!!! But I don't think it will come to that.
That's good to hear When are you looking to exchange?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.