Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CROWN are booked solid for months!!!!!

CROWN are booked solid for months!!!!!

Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all
Default Re: CROWN are booked solid for months!!!!!

Originally Posted by GinaUK
It's more likely to do with where you live. You live in Cumbria and I think Kernow lives in Cornwall. Maybe Crown have less staff in/near those locations.

Gina
They didnt even ask where I was moving from!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
They didnt even ask where I was moving from!
Wait to you hear this one - I booked Simpsons removals, and guess who turned up - CROWN!!!! Simpsons had sub-contracted the work......

It gets better - I could have got my price cheaper from Crown - AND they said I'd overpacked - and sent me another bill for a whopping £1,000 for excess - BEWARE!!

The best of it is - the guys from Crown on the day said I was within limit.

Arghh...

Laura
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Andy Buckle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hayley, I have seen your comments regarding Crown Relocations. My name is Andrew Buckle and I am the manager of the Northern England area for Crown Relocations. I can assure you that whilst we are always busy we are not too busy to turn a potential customer away regardless of where in the North of England you live, size of shipment or your final destination.

I can assure you that your moving needs and requirements are important to myself and Crown, please feel free to contact me direct on [email protected] or by phone on 0113 277 1000 if we can still be of assistance to you.

Kind regards
Andrew Buckle
Branch Manager - Northern England
Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Well as the manager said above I called them and they cant locate the person who told me they are booked up and are coming out to the house on 3rd May to price up for shipping in June!

Kernow 1 - Maybe you should call back, they are all abviously aware in the office of this thread and you might be able to get a quote from them afterall??

After all the effort to get them here, I just hope the quote is cheaper than the ones we already have!!!!!!

Hayley
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

They didnt ask where we were going from we just said it was to go to Perth in June. They were having none of it!!!

Hayley
Give Anglo Pacific a call..........
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Give Anglo Pacific a call..........
I've been on the phone to them, they are coming on 2nd May.

Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

I had crown round for a quote today. First thing I asked was if they were booked up. She advised they weren't and seemed very concerned that this is what people were thinking.

I will add that the rep was very proffessional and helpful. Will now have to wait for the quote

Jules
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Well they have told 2 of us on this thread the same thing (that they were sorry but booked). I spoke to the manager earlier today and he reassured me that they would be more than happy to come and see us and was helpful and vey sorry on the phone.

Like I said earlier, they are coming out on 3rd May, fingers crossed for a good quote!

Hayley
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:45 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said earlier, they are coming out on 3rd May
Hayley,

really glad they are not too busy after all. Although we have them coming round next Wednesday, I was rather worried that the first thing I'd hear would be that they are too busy.

They do do a lot of company removals and I was worried they'd not be interested in us "little guys".

Had Doree Bonner round today and they were very professional. Had John Masons round as well but so far prefer DB. Still got Crown, White, PSS and Robinsons to come before I decide.

Gina
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:54 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

WE were having problems with Crown too although the lady in the office Lisa is very good!
WE were waiting for a man to come and do a house quotation and on the phone he said it would cost crown£150 to come out to do the quote and we didnt have enough stuff to take to warrant him coming all the way from Nottingham!!
I have been to Nottingham it isnt that far to be honest and when I spoke to the lady in the office she said it was nonesense what he had claimed. I think Crown are being let down by a few people to be honest. I have heard very good reviews but I am still waiting to hear if they are coming to quote for our shipment.
I have a 2 bed house to move surely that is enough stuff??
Would appreciate it if Andy could help?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
WE were having problems with Crown too although the lady in the office Lisa is very good!
WE were waiting for a man to come and do a house quotation and on the phone he said it would cost crown£150 to come out to do the quote and we didnt have enough stuff to take to warrant him coming all the way from Nottingham!!
I have been to Nottingham it isnt that far to be honest and when I spoke to the lady in the office she said it was nonesense what he had claimed. I think Crown are being let down by a few people to be honest. I have heard very good reviews but I am still waiting to hear if they are coming to quote for our shipment.
I have a 2 bed house to move surely that is enough stuff??
Would appreciate it if Andy could help?
When I spoke to the manager he said that any job no matter how big or small was important to them and that the quotes are free of charge.

It does seem to be the case that there is some members of staff letting thier team down!

Good luck.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:24 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Hiya just thought i would let you know I have had 2 quotes one from crown relocation and one from Bishops move, I then got on to Eagle freight who we use at work and have done for 20 years, they came in with a better price cheaper insurance and same service web site is eaglerelocations.com give them a try as I am well chuffed with the deal I got from them.

tel 0870 389 1585
Sarahx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:43 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya just thought i would let you know I have had 2 quotes one from crown relocation and one from Bishops move, I then got on to Eagle freight who we use at work and have done for 20 years, they came in with a better price cheaper insurance and same service web site is eaglerelocations.com give them a try as I am well chuffed with the deal I got from them.

tel 0870 389 1585
Sarahx
Went to the Eagle web site and got an error message saying I couldn't access the site because the customer had exceeded their bandwidth.

Doesn't sound good.

Gina
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:54 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Went to the Eagle web site and got an error message saying I couldn't access the site because the customer had exceeded their bandwidth.

Doesn't sound good.

Gina

Hiya Gina

Spoken to them, they are getting on to IT dept now to sort it out

Sarahx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
I got quotes from about 8-10 companies and after negotiation I got Crown down to the best price. They packed me up and sent me off on Tuesday.
I can recomend them without hesitation. They were very efficient and packed all my crap with the minimum of fuss. There was no damage to anything even though I had some very heavy items and narrow stairs etc.
They did draw breath when they put my 350kg granite water feature on the back of the container but they did it without moaning. So I can give Crown the thumbs up in the Uk but you will have to wait and see what I make of them when they unpack me in Brisbane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.