British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   CROWN are booked solid for months!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/crown-booked-solid-months-442509/)

UK2Perth Apr 16th 2007 11:40 am

CROWN are booked solid for months!!!!!

Just to make people aware, I've just phoned Crown Removals for a quote and they said they are not taking anymore bookings at the moment as they are booked solid for the next few months!!!:mad:

Good luck.

Hayley

GinaUK Apr 16th 2007 1:32 pm

Re: CROWN are booked solid for months!!!!!

Maybe it depends on where you live in the UK? And where you are moving to in Oz?

Phoned Crown last week and they are coming round next week to give me a quote. Told the person on the phone our anticipated leaving date and she didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Gina

OzzieNurse Apr 16th 2007 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by UK2Perth (Post 4648871)
Just to make people aware, I've just phoned Crown Removals for a quote and they said they are not taking anymore bookings at the moment as they are booked solid for the next few months!!!:mad:

Good luck.

Hayley

we phoned yesterday and had no trouble, depends i think on where you live in the UK and where you are going. I am in no doubt that they wouldnt turn business down!:thumbup:

UK2Perth Apr 17th 2007 6:17 am

They didnt ask where we were going from we just said it was to go to Perth in June. They were having none of it!!!:mad:

Hayley

Weasy Apr 17th 2007 6:19 am

Try Atlantic International Shipping - they've been brilliant at both ends of the move...

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by UK2Perth (Post 4653138)
They didnt ask where we were going from we just said it was to go to Perth in June. They were having none of it!!!:mad:

Hayley

Jacque Apr 17th 2007 6:23 am

Did you try Grace Removals? I know they have a great reputation here in Oz and have moved lots of Defence Force personnel over the years- not sure if they are international, but I would assume so.

4Reids Apr 17th 2007 7:21 am

We're going Hampshire-Brisbane. Had Crown out last week and they seemed quite happy to ship our stuff end June/July time.

worzel Apr 17th 2007 7:26 am

Originally Posted by UK2Perth (Post 4648871)

Good luck.

Hayley

That was a lucky escape then.

4Reids Apr 17th 2007 9:51 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 4653396)
That was a lucky escape then.

Lucky escape? Have you had a bad experience then? Would like to hear if you have as they're on our short list.

worzel Apr 17th 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by 4Reids (Post 4653903)
Lucky escape? Have you had a bad experience then? Would like to hear if you have as they're on our short list.

From time to time they all get slated on here. We may have been unlucky but the Perth end was as bad as the UK was good. Try this post for starters:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=crown

but there are plenty of others.

jules29 Apr 17th 2007 2:19 pm

we've got crown coming round tomorrow to do quote. they know we want to go at end of May and didn't seem to think it would be a problem:huh: . Will double check that with them though.

Kernow1 Apr 17th 2007 7:49 pm

I rang Crown today as we are moving at end of May and they said they are fully booked to end of Sept.!!! Doh! :ohmy:

UK2Perth Apr 17th 2007 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kernow1 (Post 4657032)
I rang Crown today as we are moving at end of May and they said they are fully booked to end of Sept.!!! Doh! :ohmy:

It obviously depends who answers the phone or whether they like the sound of your voice!:rofl:

I cant understand how they can tell some people they are booked but tell others different! Their loss!:curse:

Hayley

GinaUK Apr 17th 2007 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by UK2Perth (Post 4657139)
It obviously depends who answers the phone or whether they like the sound of your voice!:rofl:

I cant understand how they can tell some people they are booked but tell others different! Their loss!:curse:

Hayley

It's more likely to do with where you live. You live in Cumbria and I think Kernow lives in Cornwall. Maybe Crown have less staff in/near those locations.

Gina

Kernow1 Apr 18th 2007 7:18 am

Originally Posted by GinaUK (Post 4657455)
It's more likely to do with where you live. You live in Cumbria and I think Kernow lives in Cornwall. Maybe Crown have less staff in/near those locations.

Gina

No, they didn't ask anything. They said sorry, can't take on any more international moves as we are fully booked to end of Sept.

You must have just got lucky.