Professional Princess

Default Re: Croc Hunter

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Do you know my uncle?

PMSL

No, but I have his glove.

Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:06 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
If every company was expected to provide transport for employees where access to workplace was via a 'dangerous' stretch of road, then probably 90% of us would be getting free rides to work. I don't really see how an employer can be deemed irresponsible for allowing an employee to cycle to work. I used to cycle to work every day in Melbourne thru choice - *shock*!!

g'DAY, a dead cyclist is not a stupid cyclist. We don't know the specific accident details in this case, and it could equally have been death caused by a 3rd party. (The vast majority of cyclist deaths and serious injuries are actually thru the fault of a motorist, and not the cyclist.) Not all cyclists cycle irresponsibly (I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being called an irresponsible driver, simply because there are many irresponsible drivers out there). You simpply cannot say that it was the cyclist's fault that he died, or accuse him of cycling recklessly.
Im not saying every company - what I`m trying to say (probably badly) is that if there is a free bus and the road is dangerous - why cant staff use it??
Next time I think about starting a post about tv / celebs somebody give me a good slap and stop me !!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough

Git behind me Terry hes a grumpy little bliter :scared:
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:18 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Funny thing g'day's post sound very pro-celeb, as if because someone is famous they cant be a cretin. You might be very good with animals, the camera, conservation etc and Cr@p at employee relations, not speaking from any knowledge of steve urwin but neither was g'day so either or neither of us could be right.

Also would not have minded if PP had started a post about the fact that she had met a famous person, feel free, but she did not start this one she was just adding her personal opinion.

By the way I have met Clint Eastwood, Richard Gere and Princess anne and the Queen mum!! Anyone else

Dont let people get away with being rude PP

Nicky
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:31 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Funny thing g'day's post sound very pro-celeb, as if because someone is famous they cant be a cretin. You might be very good with animals, the camera, conservation etc and Cr@p at employee relations, not speaking from any knowledge of steve urwin but neither was g'day so either or neither of us could be right.

Also would not have minded if PP had started a post about the fact that she had met a famous person, feel free, but she did not start this one she was just adding her personal opinion.

By the way I have met Clint Eastwood, Richard Gere and Princess anne and the Queen mum!! Anyone else

Dont let people get away with being rude PP

Nicky
Thanks for that Nicky.

She pissed me off by saying I was annoyed at not meeting him, calling me star struck and saying I was a liar.

How the hell can someone assume what went on in a place they have never worked in?

All I said was that volunteers could be treated better. I never even slagged Steve off because you cant slate him for his care and love of animals and the success of his zoo.

But Gday can say what she likes purely on guess work and assumption.

Anyone met Michael Jackson?

Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:04 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G'Day
PP, I can't see you straining your back picking up shit, but who knows? And using your bare hands? Mmmm, I don't quite buy that one - I think you're telling a wopper. I don't even clean my cat's litter box without gloves - I cannot imagine Steve or anyone at the zoo actually EXPECTING you to pick it up with bare hands. However, if that's the way you like doing things......Nevermind the "death adder" stories. Why would someone who cares as much for his animals as Steve does put snakes in their compounds with them? Why would he leave them there if he didn't put them there, when he knows people work there regularly & in Australia people will sue the pants off you for even blinking funny in their direction? As for all sorts of other things like not allowing you to approach him & his family, well I don't know the man personally, but where does it say just 'cause he's on telly he has to be available to you at all times? What makes you so special anyway? I happen to like him and his programs a great deal, my own family is in the film industry & they're not the same people at home as what they are on TV either, neither does any Tom, Dick or Harry have the right to bug & harrass them simply because they happen to see their faces on TV. Furthermore, "free" courtesy tourist busses are for TOURISTS, not for employees, volunteer or otherwise. They don't really run for free, they run because the tourists pay to go into the zoo, which volunteers & employees don't - simple mathematics and good business sense. And if someone doesn't have the sense to ride his bike sensibly on a busy road it's hardly Steve's fault. Blame the council for not building a proper sidewalk or walkway for people. Last time I looked Steve wasn't elected to the council.

If you didn't like working there as a volunteer you could have just got up and left, and so could anyone else who wasn't happy. If everyone left because of bad conditions the man would have had to face up to facts (if they are indeed facts). You weren't locked into a contract or getting paid anyway, so why did you bother? I think your whinning is just a way of drawing attention to the fact that you worked for him. Many people do that, they get all starry-eyed around celebs & then they bitch about them afterwards in an attempt to draw attention to the fact that they actually met them, because they don't want to come straight out & brag that they met or saw so-and-so.

I don't think you have any right accusing Sam of being a liar, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all....
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:11 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Sam, I'm so proud of you.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:38 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bix][QUOTE=G'Day] neither does any Tom, Dick or Harry have the right to bug & harrass them

I had uncles called Tom, Dick and Harry but they are all dead now.
Bix, you are madder than a kettle full of goldfish.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:41 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Thanks for that Nicky.

She pissed me off by saying I was annoyed at not meeting him, calling me star struck and saying I was a liar.

How the hell can someone assume what went on in a place they have never worked in?

All I said was that volunteers could be treated better. I never even slagged Steve off because you cant slate him for his care and love of animals and the success of his zoo.

But Gday can say what she likes purely on guess work and assumption.

I have met Derek Jackson (Not from the Professionals) and Peter Jackson (a lawyer) but i dont think they are in any way connected to Micheal .

I am fully aware that the above information is of no use to man nor beast.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:48 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I had a friend who used to stalk Stuart Adamson & Bruce Watson from Big Country (She was 13 at the time - it was a teenage hormonal thing)She would pinch leaflets from Asda & post them through their doors !! I once asked them for an autograph (they were going in to the video shop at the time - they said no - oh well teenage dreams shattered again!!)
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Gday, as well as calling me a liar when you dont even know me, you are spouting the biggest load of shit I have ever read in my life.

How dare you accuse me of that. You, as a rather simple visitor to his zoo, have made a stupid comment about someone who has actually worked there.

Legally he has a duty to oversee health and safety of all those that work there paid or unpaid.

I am not slagging him off and nor am I 'starry eyed' about him. I never met him, I saw him.

I merely made a comment about the way volunteers are treated, something you know nothing about.

You know jack shit about animals, when I have worked with them for the past 9 years.

As for saying that I was lying about them making us pick up shit without gloves, what the hell would you know? Were you there at the time I was? I don't think so.

Had we have asked for gloves for this job, we would have been laughed at. The only time you got gloves there, was when they made the volunteers go round the car park picking up fag butts.

Picking up leaves doesnt hurt your back? You spout shit Gday and now I know why you annoy the hell out of people.

Those 'few leaves' filled giant bins and several of them, that we had to fill and empty.

So before you start slagging me off for what you know absolutely nothing about, I suggest you shut your mouth.

For your information, most volunteers signed up for about a month and most left well before then.

Respect should come from both sides and not an assumption that everyone is there to 'star spot Steve Irwin'.

And whilst you may feel you are qualified to judge me because you are an expert in cleaning up cat shit, until you do a stint at the zoo yourself, you can't really comment on things or those you know nothing about.

I'm not saying I am special, but as an educated veterinary professional that wanted nothing more than to learn about Aussie wildlife, I am at least entitled to the respect of a trying to learn by volunteering in a zoo.

I tried to respect your initial opinion and you wrote back with a personal attack.

Carry on cleaning out your cat shit Gday, because quite frankly, it's all you will ever be an expert in.
I guess you haven't read my post - I volunteered for the RSPCA and ran a small rehab centre for abused and injured birds and other animals so I do know A. about being a volunteer & B. about animals & taking care of them. I did read your posts & noticed you bitching about signing a contract telling you not to approach Steve & his family, so who knows what goes on in your funny little mind?
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I used to work for a global company, I would see no reason that I couldn't approach the CEO to say hello. They are not God, the reason they are CEO is for 2 reasons, 1 - they are highly skilled at what they do. 2- lots of people are working like buggery to make the money (in this case volunteers) to keep the company going.
As to the bus, I think it is silly to stop workers going on it, if the bus is constantly full and paying customers are having to wait then that is different.
I suppose the whole thing depends on your view to the workers - boss relationship. Myself I think everyone is equal, whether this is the person collecting the roo shit or the person parading around on TV hamming up to the yanks. All important to the smooth profitable running of the company

I have no issues with the boss/worker relationship & quite frankly many of my bosses have had a few surprises on this score, what I was refering to was the fact that this person was the owner or manager of a business with whom I did not have daily contact, hence in no position to build any kind of relationship, yet was frequently seen on TV. Being seen on TV & working in the same company as me doesn't make that person automatically accessable to me on a personal level. I am argueing here for the right of any celeb to privacy.

I have not been in the lounge forever & PP's issue with me is for callling her a potty mouth in the lounge & nothing else.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:54 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Is there any decent zoo's up near The Gold Coast by chance, or is that one in Sydney the closest?

It's been years since I visited London Zoo, but remember it being a bit crap anyway

My kids are very much animal lovers and I know they'll be on at me as soon as we land to go visit one if possible.

Thanks

Sorry didn't see you reply until now as I've been away for a few days.

Seaworld is the nearest zoo-type attraction to the Gold Coast (It's actually on the gold coast, near to the super posh palazzo versace and a rundown harbourside backpackers!!) AFAIK. Irwin's Australia Zoo is much closer than Sydney's Taronga Zoo, but someone else who lives on gold coast may be able to advise you of a zoo even closer if there is one....
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:56 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

'And if someone doesn't have the sense to ride his bike sensibly on a busy road it's hardly Steve's fault.'

Felt I had to respond to this sick comment by G'day earlier in the thread. Making a comment like this is completely heartless and an offence to anyone who new the person who was killed.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:45 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, several times.

He works for York City Council.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.