Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crap day turned amazing!

Crap day turned amazing!

Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:05 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Crap day turned amazing!

I've had a nasty sore throat for the last few days, and was hoping it would go away. But, waking up once more feeling like I'm swallowing marbles, I took a trip to the local doctors office. They don't bulk bill (apparently that bits free), so I have to pay $50 up front - regardless if I'm in there for 3 minutes or 30! And - I cant see him today, I have to wait till tomorrow.

So - feeling sorry for myself and still swallowing marbles, I decided to drive to Tallebudgera beach to lift my spirits - only about 15min from where I'm staying on the Gold Coast. I get there to find the beach practically deserted apart from a family of 4 who are standing there staring out to sea. Curious to see what it is that's so interesting, I stare too.
After about 15 seconds I saw them - humpback whales leaping out of the water! Only about 1/2 a mile from shore! I watched for about 20 minutes - there must have been a large school of them. Eventually their plumes of spray and antics couldnt be seen because they had swam so far way.

Sore throat, doctors fees and waiting lists forgotten! I feel great now!

W.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:46 am
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crap day turned amazing!

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
I've had a nasty sore throat for the last few days, and was hoping it would go away. But, waking up once more feeling like I'm swallowing marbles, I took a trip to the local doctors office. They don't bulk bill (apparently that bits free), so I have to pay $50 up front - regardless if I'm in there for 3 minutes or 30! And - I cant see him today, I have to wait till tomorrow.

So - feeling sorry for myself and still swallowing marbles, I decided to drive to Tallebudgera beach to lift my spirits - only about 15min from where I'm staying on the Gold Coast. I get there to find the beach practically deserted apart from a family of 4 who are standing there staring out to sea. Curious to see what it is that's so interesting, I stare too.
After about 15 seconds I saw them - humpback whales leaping out of the water! Only about 1/2 a mile from shore! I watched for about 20 minutes - there must have been a large school of them. Eventually their plumes of spray and antics couldnt be seen because they had swam so far way.

W.
Wow, tat sounds amazing, glad to hear you're feeling brighter now.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:55 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

W.
So you're not still in England then?

Possible change of signature?
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:10 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Crap day turned amazing!

W.
MOTHER EARTH , THE GREAT NURTURER................. ..MM
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:08 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

They don't bulk bill (apparently that bits free), so I have to pay $50 up front - regardless if I'm in there for 3 minutes or 30!
Just out of curiousity, will medicare refund you part of this fee? Or does medicare only apply if the doctor bulk bills...?
Old Oct 5th 2004, 1:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
So you're not still in England then?

Possible change of signature?

Confused the hell out of me to begin with.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:30 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by saraliz
Just out of curiousity, will medicare refund you part of this fee? Or does medicare only apply if the doctor bulk bills...?

Apparently I can apply to get $27.50 of that back from the government.

Oh yes - and I will change my location on my profile too.

W.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I can apply to get $27.50 of that back from the government.

Oh yes - and I will change my location on my profile too.

W.
Get a form from the local Medicare office, or the doctor, fill in and send to Medicare with the receipt, and they will refund part of the cost. They either send you a cheque or put it straight in a bank account for you - we use that option, takes about 7-10 days.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We went whale watching to the other side of Moreton Island yesterday even though it was a bit overcast and although the sea was choppy I didn't spew you will be pleased to know (however, some did!!!!!)

I can honestly say that I have never been so awestruck by anything like this - it was an utterly amazing experience!!

It cost $99 (£37.50) and we left the jetty at 10:05am. We had tea/coffee and cake on the way out, a buffet lunch and tea/coffee and freshfruit on the way back - oh did I forget the whales!!!!!!

After an hours travel to Moreton Island we picked on a mother and calf quite quickly and they seemed to accept our presence and the mother appeared quite trusting and they came so close to the boat. Then the calf decided to do a bit of showing off and started breaching (which is jumping out of the water) and rolling around waving his fins at us (I tell you no word of a lie - it bloody waved, the more we waved the more it waved). Then we left them and picked up another mother and calf (not so entertaining but still fantastic) - (Nita (Earslwood) spotted the second pod and shouted "thar she blows" to the captain)

If you get the chance to do this guys - do it at whatever cost (you will never regret it)