Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crabtree First instalment.

Crabtree First instalment.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

You will never guess what we have gone and done today.

Been and bought the Barbie.
Told my Brother, who has been here for 36 years and he congratulated me and told me that we could now call ourselves true Australians.

Pollyanna

No I can't wait for my Daughter to arrive. We will be picking her up from the airport next Wednesday.

Jeannie

No never heard of Bill and Mary Stones, but I will ask my daughter when she arrives.

Tiredwithtwins

My Grandson is coming too next Wednesday with his big sister Ruby.

Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

hiya Whisky

What a great post. I am really glad to hear that things have turned around for you. I bet you cannot wait until your daughter arrives!!! I have really been encouraged by some of the comments that you have made as I wa getting a bit scared about going.

Good luck.

Looking forward to the next instalment.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi debsy,
Don't get reluctant. I am not sure where you live at the moment, but we lived in Spain for a while some years back, and I find it nicer here than Spain.
When do you move here?

Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:41 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hiya Whisky!

Please keep up with your postings as we are moving to NZ and plan to come over to OZ for holidays - I am printing off your tales as a sort of travel guide for us!!

Sounds like you are throughly enjoying yourself - long may it continue!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:56 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Hi Whisky,

What a fantastic post. I have really enjoyed reading your diary. Good luck with a 'Stones Throw' I am sure it will be a great success.

And of course Happy New Year.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by whisky
Hi debsy,
Don't get reluctant. I am not sure where you live at the moment, but we lived in Spain for a while some years back, and I find it nicer here than Spain.
When do you move here?

Hiya Whisky,
We are off on 17 jan to validate the we are hoping to move in September - all being well. My husband works in the Hospitality Industry so we have to wait for him to finish the high season.

Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:54 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Whisky,

It's the first time I have read any of your posts. Well what can I say? Fabulous. I hope we have as much fun as you when we get there. I hadn't fished since I was about 7 or 8 until I met Andrew, now the rods are usually the first things to be packed in the camper along with the boogie boards. Great fun isn't it? You should also try a throw out line, great for catching crabs. Keep posting and enjoy your daughters visit.

Regards
Sarah
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Teach.
Yes I love fishing. Now done the crabbing, and the other night we went out in the pitch black with torches on our heads and dragged the prawn net. Hard work pulling that thing especially as we seemed to pick up a lot of fish including those blasted blowies and loads of crabs, but a lot just under size.

The prawns were the best I have ever tasted.
Well worth the hard slog at pulling it through the water.

We reckon that our next test at something is Gold digging. Apparently all we need is a washing up bowl.

Whisky
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:12 am
Just Joined

ssmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whisky
You will never guess what we have gone and done today.

Been and bought the Barbie.
Told my Brother, who has been here for 36 years and he congratulated me and told me that we could now call ourselves true Australians.

Pollyanna

No I can't wait for my Daughter to arrive. We will be picking her up from the airport next Wednesday.

Jeannie

No never heard of Bill and Mary Stones, but I will ask my daughter when she arrives.

Tiredwithtwins

My Grandson is coming too next Wednesday with his big sister Ruby.

Whisky
We bought a large eskie (coolbox) at the weekend and now consider ourselves real Australians. What have others done to mark becoming real Australians
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ssmith
We bought a large eskie (coolbox) at the weekend and now consider ourselves real Australians. What have others done to mark becoming real Australians
I bought some rubber thongs for $2.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:44 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Hi Whisky, I will come to your restaurant when you open, we are coming to Rockingham (arriving 17th Jan). Hope all goes well for you!
P.S. If you need any staff give me a shout
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:05 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I missed out in this thread when it first popped up due to Christmas elsewhere but glad I've found it now...

Whisky, others have said it, but this thread is an inspiration. Especially to those of us stuck here in dreary England. Me and Mr Bundy are hoping to be back in Oz in July/Aug time and, whenever I think this will never happen, or that the road to Oz is full of potholes, I'll read this thread.

Good luck with 'Stone's Throw', and keep up with the posts!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Whisky

great posts, only just found them, keep them coming when you can and will call into "Stones Throw" when we finally arrive this year sometime

T xx
Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

elllis is an unknown quantity at this point

been reading this post as we are looking to buy a business can any one help with business agents who can help find a business or any web sites with info

thanks