Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crabtree First instalment.

Crabtree First instalment.

Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

hi ya Whiskey
Havent been on for a while,so seem to have missed a lot.So pleased things are working out for you,you sound pretty contented ,long may it continue.
donna
Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Before I go on with my story. The business we are buying is in Rockingham, about 50kms South of Perth. It is just near to the sea front. At the moment it is called "The Mediterranean Brasserie". A dull dreary little dive, but has loads and loads of potential.
We are changing the name of it to "STONES THROW"
Two reasons for the name.
Numero uno

Its a stones throw from the beach. (Just hope no one puts a brick through the window).

Numero dos

My eldest daughter who I have left behind in the UK has her married surname as STONES, and I want her to feel that we still love and care for her now as we have always done.
I do miss her terribly.

We should have the place in our grubby little fingers in the next couple of weeks as the Liqour License was posted off this morning to our business settlement agent and then we will be closed for approximately a week, then the doors are open, and you are most welcome to come and dine with us. It would be lovely to meet some of you on expats. Infact, anyone that is coming to WA to live or to visit really must come and eat at "STONES THROW". Put it in your address books immediately.

Done it? GOOD.

I will continue with my story so far.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:50 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by whisky
Before I go on with my story. The business we are buying is in Rockingham, about 50kms South of Perth. It is just near to the sea front. At the moment it is called "The Mediterranean Brasserie". A dull dreary little dive, but has loads and loads of potential.
We are changing the name of it to "STONES THROW"
Two reasons for the name.
Numero uno

Its a stones throw from the beach. (Just hope no one puts a brick through the window).

Numero dos

My eldest daughter who I have left behind in the UK has her married surname as STONES, and I want her to feel that we still love and care for her now as we have always done.
I do miss her terribly.

We should have the place in our grubby little fingers in the next couple of weeks as the Liqour License was posted off this morning to our business settlement agent and then we will be closed for approximately a week, then the doors are open, and you are most welcome to come and dine with us. It would be lovely to meet some of you on expats. Infact, anyone that is coming to WA to live or to visit really must come and eat at "STONES THROW". Put it in your address books immediately.

Done it? GOOD.

I will continue with my story so far.

A BIG BIG THANKYOU for taking the time to write and tell us all about your wonderful life.

I've had some BIG BIG doubts and really really needed to read this to remind me why we are doing this. (shouldn't have read the tread about roaches !!)

Promise to be one of your customers when we get out there.

Well done
Jill

Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:54 am
Go Banana's !!

Thread / not tread - need spell check !!

Jill

Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

We are coming out in April for a holiday and will definitely be coming to Rockingham as its where we are likely to settle later on in the year. We'll make a point of popping in for a meal at the 'Stones Throw'!!

Sam
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:01 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Crabtree and Whisky,

WOW, It sounds as though you have jumped into the deep end of the Dream Pool, I am glad you bought a boat and check the bungs are in.

It all sounds very exciting and I hope you have a very successful business in Rockingham.

Good luck with everything.

Donna & Chris
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all of you for the Best wishes and taking time to read my story.

NIBBS

Where abouts is Wattle Grove?

THE THORPES

My name was Thorp without the e on the end before I married.

Your table is booked for April.

Name and address of settlement agent:

RONSON MACKINLAY CONVEYANCERS
UNIT 2 HAY STREET
SUBIACO
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
POBOX 922, SUBIACO WA6904

www.mackinlays.net.au
Telephone (618) 9382 3755
Facsimile (618) 9318 5408

Settlement agents name is HEIDI EMERY
email: [email protected]

BIG BUXOM BUSTED LASS BUT VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY. SPEAKS IN ENGLISH THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND NOT CONFUSING LIKE SOME SOLICITORS.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default warren dix - Jill

I have been in the same position as you, having my doubts before we came here, especially when things get difficult with visas, selling houses, kids, leaving family behind, horror stories - especially our old mate PB used to stir up my emotions a bit.

Try to put those doubts at the back of your mind, and when times are low, keep thinking about the reasons why you want to make this move, and give it a go.

Of course there are times when I miss my daughter and my old workmates and even my old job, but I keep reminding myself why we wanted to come here, and I just don't dwell on things. We take ourselves off fishing, walking along the beach, out in the boat, go for a drive,swim in the pool, go crabbing, horse riding and we soon perk up and are glad that we have done it.

Wherever you live, life will never be a bed of Roses, and life throws some sh** at us at times, but I can tell you that the way of life here is much better and more fun and is fantastic if you have a family.

Don't have any more doubts. Get yourself going and look to your future.

Good luck

Whisky
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

BIG BUXOM BUSTED LASS BUT VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY.
The husband will be very pleased with that news . Best leave him at home that day

Thanks for all the details on the Settlement agent and again, we wish you all the best with your new business and your new life. We'll look forward to that meal when we come to validate our visas in April.

Sam
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Jirrupin

Have you changed your name since I left?
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya Whisky

So pleased to hear that you are settling in and even more pleased that you've bought the brasserie....It truly was an awful place to eat, so I've high hopes of you girl!!!

We live in Rockingham so if you fancy a meet up sometime send me a PM....and let me know when you're opening we'll be there, will bring a few friends along too!!

love sophia xxx
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:57 pm
Good to be back in UK

Default Re: Jirrupin

Have you changed your name since I left?
Possibly, I am karawara88's other half, but he went into retirement at 1000 posts which forced me to get my own username. But then he came out of retirement, just a ploy so I got my own username me thinks and now uses my username when he can't be bothered logging in.

We leave Perth in Mid Jan so may miss your grand opening. I have noticed in the suburbs the local press do a piece on new businesses with loads of congratulation articles. Get onto the local rag and get published.

Good Luck.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

THE BIG TRIP

After getting the business sorted and under way, accountants, estate agents, and a million other things aswell, we decided that we would go away for a few days. Have a look at Oz. Some of it we had seen before, but we really wanted to take a look at it again and other places on the way there and the way back.

So of we went Southwards. Now we could have taken the Albany Highway and got there in about 4 hours, but we wanted to take a look at other places so we went from Mandurah to Harvey.
Loved this little town. Small, very countrysideyfide and renowned for its Cattle and Fruit growing. Loads of Racing Studs that way too. Just up my street. I would be very happy in Harvey, but if you want shops,shops and more shops you are not in the right town.
We then went onto Donnybrook. We also liked this place. Similar to Harvey, maybe a little bigger. Houses were very good price wise here.
Bridgetown. There were about 4 shops here and a Lavender farm. I think that there were a couple of other attractions there. Nice place for passing through on the way to somewhere else and
stopping off for a breather and a coffee.
Apparently a good place for camping.

Manjimup. I didn't like Manjimup. A lot of trees and main place for TREE FELLING.
We then went from Manjimup to Walpole.
125 kilometres of nothing but trees, trees,trees,trees,trees and more trees. Both myself and my daughter felt really sick because you were so enclosed by trees.
We decided to play a game of 'Eye Spy' to try and stop the sickness and the bordom, but after the letter T, we ran out of things to eyespy.

AT LONG LAST, WE REACHED WALPOLE.
Stayed in a really excellent Motel called the TreeTop Motel.
Excellent rooms, excellent service, really good restaurant. Also has a swimming pool. CRABTREE RECOMMENDED.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:06 pm
Good to be back in UK

We also stayed at the Walpole Tree Hotel, there aren't too many places to stay in Walpole. If you were fed up of trees you probably didn't go in search if the Tingle Tree.

Did you get to Denmark.? We loved Denmark but the employment prospects there are worse than Perth.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

SOPHIA would love to meet up. Bring loads of friends, the more the merrier. I hope you dont come in the outfit you are wearing in your picture though.

KARAWARA - Thought it was you. Where are you going to in mid January? Do you actually live in Perth now or out of Perth?
Good luck with your move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.