Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Shipping from UK to Perth?

Cost of Shipping from UK to Perth?

Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:34 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cost of Shipping from UK to Perth?

Also check if your quote includes container cleaning! Yeh rip off I know but apparently if the shipping company use a rusty dirty old container and customs requests it to be cleaned its at your cost. Crown included it, John Masons cost extra but not much.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

smithyrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Not fully on topic but, as I'm assuming you are shipping furniture, is it worthwhile shipping it?

Do they have Ikea/ cheaper furniture shops in Oz?

I currently have quite old furniture bought at auction and although I'd be sad to see it go, I didn't pay much for it and the thought of paying that much to ship it is somewhat eye-watering!

Is older furniture reasonable in Oz or mega bucks? From the sound of other posts things are quite pricey over there.

Thanks for advice.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by smithyrocks
Not fully on topic but, as I'm assuming you are shipping furniture, is it worthwhile shipping it?

Do they have Ikea/ cheaper furniture shops in Oz?

I currently have quite old furniture bought at auction and although I'd be sad to see it go, I didn't pay much for it and the thought of paying that much to ship it is somewhat eye-watering!

Is older furniture reasonable in Oz or mega bucks? From the sound of other posts things are quite pricey over there.

Thanks for advice.
Don't know where you are planning to move to but I suggest you look at gumtree if you are coming to Perth. Lots of second hand furniture there, only drawback is you need the means to collect it. We found a beautiful dresser for peanuts. New furniture can be pricey, particularly beds where the price you see quote often doesn't include a mattress (fairly essential I feel lol).

Last edited by coloneldube; Mar 25th 2011 at 2:58 pm. Reason: typo