Originally posted by Bix
Who gives a damn about petrol prices ?

I have alternative means
On yer bike !!!

Wow, that looks cold

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Its funny really we say we are worse off wages wise , but here we have a better standard of living By the time we have paid out all bills etc we have literally nothing left, but we feel happier here now then we had done for a long time back in the UK. Perhaps like Diane said its because we are always out doing the non costly family stuff picnics barbies etc. Mind you we always have a bloomin bill popping through the post, that will always be there wont it I think where ever you are what ever you earn and whatever you pay out you will manage , i would say dont worry about what you are going to be paying out, make sure you have a job thats priority so you have something to pay out with
Joanne
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:30 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should be more concerned about milk prices than petrol prices - greengrocer.com has one litre at $1.52, that's twice as expensive as petrol!! Think I'll drive more and drink milk less.

Anyone got the equivalent prices for the UK?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:33 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: cost of living

Houses, Brisbane - you be lucky to buy anything decent (ie three and four bed brick) under $300 k these days. I was wondering where on earth a house for a $120k was until I clicked on the link AC provided . It answered my question.. fibro small house in Ipswich.

Cost of food - Is more expensive here, I recently went back for a trip to the UK where I bought a lettuce for 35p (oh no not the lettuce prices/debate again..lol ) Aus lettuce, last time I bought one from Woolworths - $2.99 (about one pound something) .

bread - a big pack of breadrolls ... pack 40p
Clothes , cheap, cheap in the UK... I bought a pack of cotton socks for hubby ( aww bless his little cotton socks!) 6 in a pack three pound! .. trousers in next ( closing down sale in a shopping centre called Arthur something) 3 pound!! I was like a mad woman in the shop.. rugby tackling everyone
. Wrangler Jeans - twenty five pounds .. last time I bought a pair of Jeans here , they were very close to a $100..

The only thing which I see is cheaper here is petrol.

oh and rates are much more expensive in the UK .. I'm paying in dollars what most people are paying in pounds. Mum-in-laws rates was one thousand something pounds (can't remember the exact cost) , but it was basically the same figure my rates are .. but only mine is in dollars - so rates are definitely cheaper in Aus.

cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
I think we should be more concerned about milk prices than petrol prices - greengrocer.com has one litre at $1.52, that's twice as expensive as petrol!! Think I'll drive more and drink milk less.

& exactly how much is lettuce this week jayr?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I walked to the shop once to get some milk !! Took me 5 minutes.
I should do it daily, just for the exercise, but I don't

Petrol is fluctuating betwen 78c and 95c at the moment, its 85c today.
Qld petrol is subsidised 10c a litre cheaper than other states.

Milk 1klm to the main road, then 1klm up the side of the mountain Tried that once too.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
& exactly how much is lettuce this week jayr?

$3.49, worst part is tho I think of this forum every time I see a lettuce. Growing my own now, all this rain I shall be giving them away.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:42 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Don't start the lettuce debate! Funny thing when I was buying my 35p lettuce (iceberg as well ) .. I thought of this forum and jayr with his lettuces.. now that's sad!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
$3.49, worst part is tho I think of this forum every time I see a lettuce. Growing my own now, all this rain I shall be giving them away.
Hah yep, I get the giggles whenever I go to do the groceries & see a lettuce as well.

Slightly offtopic, remember our discussion about languages at the schools? Went up to help in the classroom this morning & heres one boys teacher teaching the class a nursery Rhyme in French ! Obviously not a structured class or anything, but they are exposing them & teaching them some basic stuff even in year 1, which I never expected.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Don't start the lettuce debate! Funny thing when I was buying my 35p lettuce (iceberg as well ) .. I thought of this forum and jayr with his lettuces.. now that's sad!!
Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Cos of living"
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:49 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Bix
Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Cos of living"
nahhhh the owners of the forum wont lettuce in if we do that .
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
nahhhh the owners of the forum wont lettuce in if we do that .
Better "romaine" outside then.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by jayr

I pay $1.80 for 2 litres of milk, at the "local" greengrocer.

Must check on the lettuce price again, i'd almost forgetton that

Hi Ceri, quote: I was wondering where on earth a house for a $120k was until I clicked on the link AC provided . It answered my question.. fibro small house in Ipswich.
I did say 1 hour west of Brisbane Thats why I linked it

I prefer East myself, or North, or South, (mmm well maybe not)

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:56 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I did say 1 hour west of Brisbane Thats why I linked it
I prefer East myself, or North, or South, (mmm well maybe not)
But wouldn't East put you in the ocean ?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:02 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bix
But wouldn't East put you in the ocean ?
Only if you go more than 37 kms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.