Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Camper Van for Hire

Cost of Camper Van for Hire

Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Cost of Camper Van for Hire

I am intending doing a Rekki sometime the end of this year both over in Perth and the other side Adelaide and Melbourne as anybody else hired a camper can and if so much roughly how much did it cost you please to hire for a few weeks.

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Camper Van for Hire

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
I am intending doing a Rekki sometime the end of this year both over in Perth and the other side Adelaide and Melbourne as anybody else hired a camper can and if so much roughly how much did it cost you please to hire for a few weeks.

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK
try this site:

http://www.drivenow.com.au/
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK
I can't tell you the hire costs but I know that sometimes if your lucky and call at the right time hire companies often have vans that require returning to their depot, I've met several couples transiting through campsites who have called in to hire a van and actually been paid the fuel money to return them. The last time we met a couple in 1770 who were paid fuel money to return a camper from Cairns to Brisbane they were allocated 4-5 days for the trip.
Try these companies for a quote
Wicked Campers
Britz Campers
For more info read this site; Camper Travel Australia
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

[I]The last time we met a couple in 1770 who were paid fuel money to return a camper from Cairns to Brisbane they were allocated 4-5 days for the trip.

1770!!! how old ARE you
Tracie
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
[I]The last time we met a couple in 1770 who were paid fuel money to return a camper from Cairns to Brisbane they were allocated 4-5 days for the trip.

1770!!! how old ARE you
Tracie
Ancient

This 1770 .................................................. ................<walks slowly away shaking head at cheeky
Irish lady>
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cresta57
Ancient

This 1770 .................................................. ................
Ah and theres me thinking you must be a wealth of ancient knowledge
You'll have to excuse me but as you said I am Irish
Tracie
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:26 pm

Ah and theres me thinking you must be a wealth of ancient knowledge
You'll have to excuse me but as you said I am Irish
Tracie
I'll get me coat
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll get me coat
chris waddle
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:43 pm

chris waddle
I see................You love cheesey peas!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I see................You love cheesey peas!
Its brilliant
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

SharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really niceSharonN is just really nice

dont rent those vans that have the bed near the roof if you are perth etc. we did on our rekky and ended up after 2 very hot nights near Cairns buying and sleeping in a cheap tent and just using the van for driving (expensive therefore....!!)

second trip hired a car and bought camping gear................some great camp sites with tables/showers etc and you can also camp on some beaches like rainbow beach, but you need a 4WD car.

we used britz.. good service!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:35 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK
Guys we hired a camper for 3 weeks last June, when we did our reccie to Perth. We used www.campette.com (an affiliation of wicked campers(stay away from wicked, they are REALLY crap vans))

Can recommend campette wholeheartedly...cheap, modern, clean, no hidden costs - overall very good experience!! If memory serves me correctly - cost us just over $500 AUD for the 3 weeks all in! You wont find cheaper!
Attached Thumbnails Cost of Camper Van for Hire-perth-41-.jpg   Cost of Camper Van for Hire-perth-42-.jpg   Cost of Camper Van for Hire-perth-44-.jpg   Cost of Camper Van for Hire-perth-43-.jpg  

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Feb 18th 2007 at 4:39 am.