British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cost of Camper Van for Hire (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cost-camper-van-hire-427360/)

debsnshaun Feb 17th 2007 10:26 am

Cost of Camper Van for Hire

I am intending doing a Rekki sometime the end of this year both over in Perth and the other side Adelaide and Melbourne as anybody else hired a camper can and if so much roughly how much did it cost you please to hire for a few weeks.

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK

ianandhelena Feb 17th 2007 10:30 am

Re: Cost of Camper Van for Hire

Originally Posted by debsnshaun (Post 4415465)
I am intending doing a Rekki sometime the end of this year both over in Perth and the other side Adelaide and Melbourne as anybody else hired a camper can and if so much roughly how much did it cost you please to hire for a few weeks.

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK

try this site:

http://www.drivenow.com.au/

cresta57 Feb 17th 2007 10:36 am

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK

I can't tell you the hire costs but I know that sometimes if your lucky and call at the right time hire companies often have vans that require returning to their depot, I've met several couples transiting through campsites who have called in to hire a van and actually been paid the fuel money to return them. The last time we met a couple in 1770 who were paid fuel money to return a camper from Cairns to Brisbane they were allocated 4-5 days for the trip.
Try these companies for a quote
Wicked Campers
Britz Campers
For more info read this site; Camper Travel Australia

breezeboylan Feb 17th 2007 11:03 am

[I]The last time we met a couple in 1770 who were paid fuel money to return a camper from Cairns to Brisbane they were allocated 4-5 days for the trip.

1770!!! how old ARE you:ohmy: :D
Tracie

cresta57 Feb 17th 2007 11:55 am

Originally Posted by breezeboylan (Post 4415533)
[I]The last time we met a couple in 1770 who were paid fuel money to return a camper from Cairns to Brisbane they were allocated 4-5 days for the trip.

1770!!! how old ARE you:ohmy: :D
Tracie

Ancient :rofl: ;)

This 1770 :D .................................................. ................<walks slowly away shaking head at cheeky
Irish lady>

breezeboylan Feb 17th 2007 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4415613)
Ancient :rofl: ;)

This 1770 :D .................................................. ................

Ah and theres me thinking you must be a wealth of ancient knowledge:D :D
You'll have to excuse me but as you said I am Irish;)
Tracie

cresta57 Feb 17th 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by breezeboylan (Post 4415689)
Ah and theres me thinking you must be a wealth of ancient knowledge:D :D
You'll have to excuse me but as you said I am Irish;)
Tracie

I'll get me coat;)

breezeboylan Feb 17th 2007 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4415691)
I'll get me coat;)

chris waddle;)

cresta57 Feb 17th 2007 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by breezeboylan (Post 4415702)
chris waddle;)

I see................You love cheesey peas!:ohmy:

breezeboylan Feb 17th 2007 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4415722)
I see................You love cheesey peas!:ohmy:

Its brilliant:rofl:

SharonN Feb 17th 2007 8:29 pm

dont rent those vans that have the bed near the roof if you are perth etc. we did on our rekky and ended up after 2 very hot nights near Cairns buying and sleeping in a cheap tent and just using the van for driving (expensive therefore....!!)

second trip hired a car and bought camping gear................some great camp sites with tables/showers etc and you can also camp on some beaches like rainbow beach, but you need a 4WD car.

we used britz.. good service!

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Feb 18th 2007 4:35 am

4 Attachment(s)

Many thanks

Debs, Lancaster, UK

Guys we hired a camper for 3 weeks last June, when we did our reccie to Perth. We used www.campette.com (an affiliation of wicked campers(stay away from wicked, they are REALLY crap vans))

Can recommend campette wholeheartedly...cheap, modern, clean, no hidden costs - overall very good experience!! If memory serves me correctly - cost us just over $500 AUD for the 3 weeks all in! You wont find cheaper! :)