British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   come on you old footballers" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/come-you-old-footballers-498911/)

The Chief Jan 4th 2008 1:16 pm

Re: come on you old footballers"

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5651294)
Hi, im looking to play some football, [ soccer ] is there any teams around mermaind waters or nearby or maybe getting one started? or what about brisbane V gold coast get back to me. thanks tony

Hi mate, I play for an over 35 team based in Robina, a pre season comp is starting next week and we are having a kick about sunday afternoon if you fancy it.

cheers

andy

wallace simpson Jan 5th 2008 12:04 am

thanks andy. would be great. could you let me know where in robina it is and what time. im in mermaid waters. thanks mate. tony :thumbup:

The Chief Jan 5th 2008 1:12 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5741230)
thanks andy. would be great. could you let me know where in robina it is and what time. im in mermaid waters. thanks mate. tony :thumbup:

Hi Tony, we play most of our game at the Robina Lions pitch but that has been closed for re-seeding etc. Out next few games will be played at Musgrave(in Southport) and Broadbeach, we are having our kick about tomorrow at Musgrave, if you are interested I can pick you up as I live in Mermaid Beach, I will pm you my number, the standard isn't that great but got a good bunch of lads and we could do with a couple more players give me a call later if you fancy it.

cheers

Andy

caz-col Jan 5th 2008 1:22 am

Hi Andy

I would be interested in joining up,could you give me the address and time of meet up.

Many thanks

Colin

ps do the partners and kids go along?

The Chief Jan 5th 2008 1:37 am

Originally Posted by caz-col (Post 5741471)
Hi Andy

I would be interested in joining up,could you give me the address and time of meet up.

Many thanks

Colin

ps do the partners and kids go along?

Hi Colin, more the merrier

About 4pm, the pitch's are along Musgrave Ave, Labrador, depending on which way you are going turn right from Olsen Ave onto Musgrave Ave at the Southport Sharks and they are just down there on the left, I'll dig out one of my Arsenal shirts just for you.

Mate sometimes the kids and partners are in tow but I wouldn't like to say about tomorrow as it's just a kick about, my better half won't be there

cheers

Andy

tayella Jan 5th 2008 2:01 am

I go to Townsville next month.
Im 39 and a left back who played a lot of Sunday league and was Team Captain - as im gobby.
Im not as good as the legend Julian Dicks but if anyone wants me I can still play.
I need to get fit and I need to dispose of this spacehopper ive developed under my chest.

Let me know

Chris

The Chief Jan 5th 2008 2:10 am

Originally Posted by tayella (Post 5741547)
I go to Townsville next month.
Im 39 and a left back who played a lot of Sunday league and was Team Captain - as im gobby.
Im not as good as the legend Julian Dicks but if anyone wants me I can still play.
I need to get fit and I need to dispose of this spacehopper ive developed under my chest.

Let me know

Chris

mate run around in Townsville for an hour and you'll soon loose that spacehopper

tayella Jan 5th 2008 2:11 am

hahahahaha
cheers mate

wallace simpson Jan 5th 2008 4:31 am

GREAT ANOTHER WEST HAM MAN. :thumbsup:

wallace simpson Jan 5th 2008 4:39 am

ANDY WHAT SIDE OF MUSGRAVE AV IS IT ON ? I WLL SEE YOU THER AT 4. THANKS MATE. TONY:thumbup:

caz-col Jan 5th 2008 5:20 am

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 5741571)
mate run around in Townsville for an hour and you'll soon loose that spacehopper

Thanks for the info Andy.See you there at 4.

ps thanks for the offer of the Arsenal shirt,I will bring my own matches!

Have a nice evening

Colin

wallace simpson Jan 5th 2008 5:58 am

hi caz-col. have you played much? ive got to get myself fit. not played in years. see you tomorrow mate. will have to wher my west ham top or maybe not.:thumbup:

Swooty Jan 5th 2008 7:20 am

Arriving in Naragba, Brizzy in Feb. Coming to the end of my footie life at 34, where s the best place to have a kick about ?

PS. The wife plays as well so a womens team would be good.

Any comments on Narangba United Soccer Club ??

caz-col Jan 5th 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5741986)
hi caz-col. have you played much? ive got to get myself fit. not played in years. see you tomorrow mate. will have to wher my west ham top or maybe not.:thumbup:

Hi

I used to play a fair bit.Suffered an injury about 2 years ago,trying to kick a fleet footed 18 year old.No jokes please!Havent played much since,kick about with the kids down at the beach is my training now.

See you 2moro Hammer

The Chief Jan 5th 2008 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5741823)
ANDY WHAT SIDE OF MUSGRAVE AV IS IT ON ? I WLL SEE YOU THER AT 4. THANKS MATE. TONY:thumbup:

HI Tony, if you turn onto Musgrave Ave from Olsen Ave they are just down on the left hand side