British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   come on you old footballers" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/come-you-old-footballers-498911/)

Carbery Dec 15th 2007 1:17 am

Re: come on you old footballers"

I am starting my training regime tonight after work. Jogging/running with my 2 kids. Have you seen the other GC soccer thread? I have put my name down for that too. BTW our favorite watering holes are both in Mermaid Beach - Trio Romano Italian Restaurant and Nobby Beach SC if you fancy a drink sometime to reminisce about football get in touch. We also go to Q'land Roar games and catch up with some other soccer saddos in the Caxton St pubs before & after the game if you are interested.

wallace simpson Dec 15th 2007 3:35 am

THAT WOULD BE GOOD. LOOK FORWARD TO IT. TONY :thumbsup:

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5670367)
I am starting my training regime tonight after work. Jogging/running with my 2 kids. Have you seen the other GC soccer thread? I have put my name down for that too. BTW our favorite watering holes are both in Mermaid Beach - Trio Romano Italian Restaurant and Nobby Beach SC if you fancy a drink sometime to reminisce about football get in touch. We also go to Q'land Roar games and catch up with some other soccer saddos in the Caxton St pubs before & after the game if you are interested.

Hello yes i'm one of those saddos !

Carbery Dec 16th 2007 6:37 am

Hey Bobby 1 - 1 a fair result?

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5670367)

If ya keep on trotting up this way mate we could call into the curry house again:thumbsup:

Carbery Dec 16th 2007 6:40 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 5673412)
If ya keep on trotting up this way mate we could call into the curry house again:thumbsup:

Went out with Mark & Diane today. Told them about the curry place and they are interested for a night up there.

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5673411)
Hey Bobby 1 - 1 a fair result?

We waz robbed:) Didnt see it mate only read report as we waz up Moooolllloooolaba place for the weekend acting drunk ;)

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5673415)
Went out with Mark & Diane today. Told them about the curry place and they are interested for a night up there.

For us to be there mate it'd have to be before fri 21st or after 6th jan

wallace simpson Dec 17th 2007 11:59 pm

yep you was robbed bobbyftm. saw it on tv. never mind thers always next time mate.

bobbyftm Dec 18th 2007 6:28 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5678853)
yep you was robbed bobbyftm. saw it on tv. never mind thers always next time mate.

Wish you'd been the ref mate:D

wallace simpson Dec 18th 2007 8:04 am

do you remember pop robson" what a sriker he was.:thumbup:

bobbyftm Dec 18th 2007 8:51 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5679946)
do you remember pop robson" what a sriker he was.:thumbup:

yeah he was knockin about in my younger days at ye old Roker Park aka new housing estate

Carbery Dec 18th 2007 9:22 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 5679705)
Wish you'd been the ref mate:D

If he had been the Ref we would not have had to pay him so much!

Up the Villa!

bobbyftm Dec 18th 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5680139)
If he had been the Ref we would not have had to pay him so much!

Up the Villa!

:lol::lol:Nice 1 mate

wallace simpson Dec 19th 2007 1:11 am

we will all have to meet for a drink:) happy hammer:thumbsup: